Windows 10: Why is my pc turning on but not running

Discus and support Why is my pc turning on but not running in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I unplugged my desktop pc windows 10 while it was resetting because it got stuck at 26% and now it turns on but just shows a black screen and the CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hector Riera, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Why is my pc turning on but not running

I unplugged my desktop pc windows 10 while it was resetting because it got stuck at 26% and now it turns on but just shows a black screen and the CPU cooler makes a sound

:)

Hector Riera, Feb 4, 2023

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 4, 2023
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Feb 4, 2023
  4. jorog(2) Win User

Why is my pc turning on but not running

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

Why is my pc turning on but not running

1. Why is my pc turning on but not running - Similar Threads - Why turning running

2. My pc is running slower idk why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is running slower idk why: I was listening to music on my pc then out of no where it froze on me being the only tab up. I turn off the pc by holding the power button but now my pc is just running slower I check for viruses none, update my computer to the latest windows 11 update, made space on the ssd,...
  3. My pc is running slower idk why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is running slower idk why: I was listening to music on my pc then out of no where it froze on me being the only tab up. I turn off the pc by holding the power button but now my pc is just running slower I check for viruses none, update my computer to the latest windows 11 update, made space on the ssd,...
  4. Why is my windows10 running slowly in my pc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my windows10 running slowly in my pc?: I have a Windows 10 and tell me why is this window working very slowly. i am very worried about it because I am doing a lot of work in digital marketing and I am facing lots of problems....
  5. Why is my windows10 running slowly in my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my windows10 running slowly in my pc?: I have a Windows 10 and tell me why is this window working very slowly. i am very worried about it because I am doing a lot of work in digital marketing and I am facing lots of problems....
  6. Why is my windows10 running slowly in my pc?

7. Why is my pc turning on but not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my pc turning on but not running: I unplugged my desktop pc windows 10 while it was resetting because it got stuck at 26% and now it turns on but just shows a black screen and the CPU cooler makes a sound...
  8. Why is my pc turning on but not running

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my pc turning on but not running: I unplugged my desktop pc windows 10 while it was resetting because it got stuck at 26% and now it turns on but just shows a black screen and the CPU cooler makes a sound...
  9. why is my pc running so slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is my pc running so slowly: my pc is loading so slowly. what may be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-running-so-slowly/206502e2-9c6d-4d4b-84f5-cc42b5957646
  10. Why does junk run on my PC

Why does junk run on my PC: Why does this junk run in Windows 10 ? Microsoft.BingWeatherRunTimeBrokerStandardCollector.ServiceYourPhone 139051