Windows 10: Why is my pc using so much memory?

Discus and support Why is my pc using so much memory? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The memory usage My pc is using too much memory and I don't know how I could make it stop from using so much, I've tried 2 methods and both worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GentleKurama, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Why is my pc using so much memory?

The memory usage

My pc is using too much memory and I don't know how I could make it stop from using so much, I've tried 2 methods and both worked but only for a few days. Now im asking reddit for help because I've heard there are some really pc smart people here.

I tried the first method here

I tried the second method here

If specs are needed: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 2x 8GB of ram, RTX 2060, 1 TB SSD

submitted by /u/GentleKurama
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GentleKurama, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 12, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Why is my pc using so much memory?

Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Why is my pc using so much memory?

1. Why is my pc using so much memory? - Similar Threads - Why using much

2. Why am I using so much memory while doing nothing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I using so much memory while doing nothing?: I've noticed recently that I'm using way more memory than normal while just having my browser open! With Firefox open it says its using about 90% of memory, and when I close the browser to have nothing open it goes down to only 82%. I have 8 Gigs of memory and it says its...
  3. Why am I using so much memory while doing nothing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I using so much memory while doing nothing?: I've noticed recently that I'm using way more memory than normal while just having my browser open! With Firefox open it says its using about 90% of memory, and when I close the browser to have nothing open it goes down to only 82%. I have 8 Gigs of memory and it says its...
  4. why does my pc overheat so much

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my pc overheat so much: I dont have that box thingy for my pc i use a all in one pcit overheats really quickly and i dont know if i can turn it off so it wont shut my pc off when it does itand how do i make it stop overheatting so much when i play certain games, well mostly games that are high...
  5. why does my pc overheat so much

why does my pc overheat so much: I dont have that box thingy for my pc i use a all in one pcit overheats really quickly and i dont know if i can turn it off so it wont shut my pc off when it does itand how do i make it stop overheatting so much when i play certain games, well mostly games that are high...
  6. why does my pc overheat so much

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why is PhotoService.exe using so much CPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is PhotoService.exe using so much CPU?: Why is the PhotoService.exe running and using a high level of CPU? Can I disable or delete it? Why is it necessary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-photoserviceexe-using-so-much-cpu/e2095fa8-d8c4-41b1-8080-45b0edba767a
  8. Why is PhotoService.exe using so much CPU?

Why is PhotoService.exe using so much CPU?: Why is the PhotoService.exe running and using a high level of CPU? Can I disable or delete it? Why is it necessary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-photoserviceexe-using-so-much-cpu/e2095fa8-d8c4-41b1-8080-45b0edba767a
  9. Why is my Desktop Window Manager dwm using so much memory?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my Desktop Window Manager dwm using so much memory?: [ATTACH] Why does this happen and how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-desktop-window-manager-dwm-using-so-much/404d4ebd-517d-4f00-bd62-97ae7e4c9a17
  10. Why is YouTube using so much RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is YouTube using so much RAM?: I am watching videos right now. I have my task manager up and once I use the search page, my memory usage shoots up at least ten percent if not more. Apparently nobody else is having this problem since I asked this question multiple times before in the YouTube sub with no...