Windows 10: Why is my Phone link unable to connect to my samsung s10?

Discus and support Why is my Phone link unable to connect to my samsung s10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.2251]Samsung Galaxy S10 [Android v12]Samsung on Wifi 5GHz bandPC on ordinary wired ethernetPC bluetooth through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hampus_154, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Why is my Phone link unable to connect to my samsung s10?

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.2251]Samsung Galaxy S10 [Android v12]Samsung on Wifi 5GHz bandPC on ordinary wired ethernetPC bluetooth through ASUS USB-BT500Router is ASUS RT-AC86U with merlin 386.7_2 firmwareAP-isolation set to off just in casePing is succesful between both devicesHello!After struggling quite a bit I feel like I am in need of some professional help. Phone link suddenly stopped working through both wifi and bluetooth. This is what I have tried so far:1. Restarted phone link, did not work.2. Tried rebooting both devices, no luck.3. Removed Phone link connection on both d

:)

Hampus_154, Nov 19, 2022
  2. tictag Win User

Windows 10 Your Phone App - Samsung Galaxy S10 - ERROR: "Connect to the same WiFi"

Unable to connect Windows 10 Your Phone app to Samsung Galaxy S10 Link To Windows app, error reported: "Connect to the same WiFi"

Step To Recreate

1. Windows 10: Your Phone app, click 'Phone Screen'
    2. Windows 10: Your Phone app, "We need permission to display your phone screen"
    3. Galaxy S10: Notification, "Connected to Your Phone app on <hostname>"
    4. Galaxy S10: Notification, "Accept connection?" > Accept
    5. Windows 10: Your Phone App, ERROR: "Connect to the same WiFi"

Points To Note

• Windows 10 device is connected via WiFi to Galaxy S10's WiFi hotspot i.e. tethered
    • Galaxy S10 device is connected to the Internet via the mobile phone network
    • Galaxy S10 Link To Windows app is configured to "Use mobile data"
    • Both Windows 10 Your Phone app and Galaxy S10 Link To Windows app connected to same Microsoft account
    • All other Windows 10 Your Phone app features work flawlessly e.g. Calls, Messages, Photos, Notifications etc

Anyone know how to fix this? Everything else works fine, just this feature is broken.

Troubleshooting

• Updated all apps
    • Updated Windows 10
    • Updated Galaxy S10
    • Uninstalled / reinstalled / reconnected all apps
    • Factory reset Galaxy S10
    • Prayed

Software Versions

Windows 10 Your Phone App v1.20051.93.0

Samsung Galaxy S10 Link To Windows v1.20041.82.0

Screenshots

Why is my Phone link unable to connect to my samsung s10? 6974c614-df69-4789-a9fd-b25afd72fc51?upload=true.png

tictag, Nov 20, 2022
  3. Why is my Phone link unable to connect to my samsung s10?

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.2251]

Samsung Galaxy S10 [Android v12]

Samsung on Wifi 5GHz band

PC on ordinary wired ethernet

PC bluetooth through ASUS USB-BT500

Router is ASUS RT-AC86U with merlin 386.7_2 firmware

AP-isolation set to off just in case

Ping is succesful between both devices

Hello!

After struggling quite a bit I feel like I am in need of some professional help. Phone link suddenly stopped working through both wifi and bluetooth. This is what I have tried so far:

1. Restarted phone link, did not work.

2. Tried rebooting both devices, no luck.

3. Removed Phone link connection on both devices and tried to re-link.

Unable to re-link with QR-code (states "no internet connection" when there clearly is), also cannot login using microsoft account (it just buffers and says "login failed")

4. Cleaned the apps memory on phone and tried again, still unable to connect either way (same errors).

5. Checked account info on both phone and PC, both are using the same email as they should. Unclear if it uses the correct email for the phone link app (the one on my phone) since there is no prompt for email, but the stated email in samsung settings is the correct one. Especially strange since the login fails before it prompts me for email when I attempt to link using microsoft account.

Gave up and tried to focus on the bluetooth connection. I am able to pair both devices but not connect. Updated bluetooth driver for USB dongle and restarted, no success.

Further assistance would be much appreciated!

Hampus_154, Nov 20, 2022
  4. MisterEd Win User

Why is my Phone link unable to connect to my samsung s10?

How to get Samsung S10+ to be seen on Windows 10

Why are you talking about using a Microsoft account? I have never heard of that.

With both my old Samsung S7 and now my Samsung S21 all I have to do is
    • Plug the phone into the computer's USB port
    • Make sure phone screen is unlocked
    • Navigate to This PC in Windows Explorer.
    • You will see the phone under Devices and drives
    You can then copy photos to your computer

Why is my Phone link unable to connect to my samsung s10? [​IMG]

MisterEd, Nov 20, 2022
Thema:

Why is my Phone link unable to connect to my samsung s10?

1. Why is my Phone link unable to connect to my samsung s10? - Similar Threads - Why Phone link

2. Fix Phone Link unable to connect

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Phone Link unable to connect: [IMG]When trying to connect the smartphone to the computer using the Phone Link app, you may get an error that says Phone Link is unable to connect. This error appears when the user scans the QR code using the app on his phone. In this post, we will see how this issue can be...
  3. having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung

in Windows 10 Gaming
    having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung: having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-issues-with-phone-link-connecting-to-my/639266c7-86af-4088-a9dd-a6b4225c3d62
  4. having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung: having issues with phone link connecting to my samsung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-issues-with-phone-link-connecting-to-my/639266c7-86af-4088-a9dd-a6b4225c3d62
  5. Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10: I'm having trouble connecting the Phone Link App from my Samsung Galaxy S10E to my Surface Laptop. I tried terminating, repairing, and finally resetting the Phone Link app on my PC, Bluetooth is on on both devices and they are paired.Now I can't get the Phone Link App to...
  6. Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10

Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10: I'm having trouble connecting the Phone Link App from my Samsung Galaxy S10E to my Surface Laptop. I tried terminating, repairing, and finally resetting the Phone Link app on my PC, Bluetooth is on on both devices and they are paired.Now I can't get the Phone Link App to...
  7. Why is my Phone link unable to connect to my samsung s10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Phone link unable to connect to my samsung s10?: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.2251]Samsung Galaxy S10 [Android v12]Samsung on Wifi 5GHz bandPC on ordinary wired ethernetPC bluetooth through ASUS USB-BT500Router is ASUS RT-AC86U with merlin 386.7_2 firmwareAP-isolation set to off just in casePing is succesful...
  8. Can't connect my phone to my computer with your your phone app aka samsungs's link to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect my phone to my computer with your your phone app aka samsungs's link to windows: Last night Your Phone lost connection to my phone and now i've been trying to reconnect my phone to Windows my but it won't connect.Not sure whyThe only thing i thought it my be causing this is cause i change my password, but i've also been getting this error cold...
  9. Can't connect my phone to my computer with your your phone app aka samsungs's link to windows

Can't connect my phone to my computer with your your phone app aka samsungs's link to windows: Last night Your Phone lost connection to my phone and now i've been trying to reconnect my phone to Windows my but it won't connect.Not sure whyThe only thing i thought it my be causing this is cause i change my password, but i've also been getting this error cold...
  10. Your Phone will not connect to Samsung S10+

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone will not connect to Samsung S10+: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nimraynn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i50bbs/your_phone_will_not_connect_to_samsung_s10/