Windows 10: Why is my RAM so full from nothing?

Discus and support Why is my RAM so full from nothing? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I am very concerned why my Windows 10 is getting so full with RAM from nothing? Once I start my computer I usually get 5-6 GB RAM usage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/griniNY, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Why is my RAM so full from nothing?

Why is my RAM so full from nothing? ITtkD3HFXa6r-CdnCn8QTURfxrsvo0-li_QCXLUG_fY.jpg

I am very concerned why my Windows 10 is getting so full with RAM from nothing?

Once I start my computer I usually get 5-6 GB RAM usage right away with ~180-200 processes running and ~2000-2500 threads.

My PC specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K (4.0 GHz)

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2060 SUPER (8 GB)

RAM: Corsair 2x 8GB with 3200 MHz speed running.

Storage: 1x HDD - 1TB, 2x Samsung Evo 860 SSD both 500GB and 1x Kingston SSD 256GB

------------------------

This is how much RAM it uses after a restart (1 minute in the system after the restart, no programs open other than the one from startup)

This is how much RAM it uses after a restart (1 minute in the system after the restart, no programs open other than the one from startup)

------------------------

This is my startup programs

This is my startup programs

I even used a program called Wise Memory Optimizer which helps, but it just removes unwanted/unneeded programs running trying to optimize my RAM usage, but only works once I press the button to optimize. I tried many steps to fix this issue and many programs (even regedit I already tried). My last hope is any tips or suggestions from you guys. My last solution will be to put a fresh Windows, but I don't want to do that. Please help me out, guys! I appreciate any help, suggestions, and tips!

submitted by /u/griniNY
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/griniNY, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 24, 2020
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Why is my RAM so full from nothing? :D

DrunkenMafia, Oct 24, 2020
  4. BullGod Win User

Why is my RAM so full from nothing?

List of Micron D9 RAM: Request sticky.

Maybe now you see those Rams I suggested to buy for your rig. They are at the top of the list there...

BullGod, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Why is my RAM so full from nothing?

1. Why is my RAM so full from nothing? - Similar Threads - Why RAM full

2. Why is my laptop using so many recourses with nothing open. Specs: i5-7200U @ 2.5 GHz 8gb RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my laptop using so many recourses with nothing open. Specs: i5-7200U @ 2.5 GHz 8gb RAM: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ph4z3- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jq80dp/why_is_my_laptop_using_so_many_recourses_with/
  3. So what is my actual RAM Speed?

So what is my actual RAM Speed?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Bruticus2806 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpdghi/so_what_is_my_actual_ram_speed/
  4. Why Windows processes are using so much RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Windows processes are using so much RAM: My laptop has 16 GB of 3200 ddr4 RAM, but after letting it idle for about an hour the RAM usage goes straight up to 99% with only edge open. I checked my system and everything is up to date and the Task manager is saying I have 15.4 GB of available RAM. Is there anything that...
  5. why are my ram usage percentages so high in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why are my ram usage percentages so high in task manager: I have 8 GB of ram on my PC. So I'd expect my ram usage to be at 100 percent when I'm around 8 GB in usage. But whenever I'm checking task manager, I'll have a couple programs open only using about 500 to 600 MB of memory, and it says that I'm using 50 percent of it. Not sure...
  6. RAM being used on nothing?

RAM being used on nothing?: [ATTACH] Basically, I checked task manager and it says 50% of my RAM is being used, I calculated all the apps running and in total it should only be taking like 4GB. I got 16gb of RAM, also like 7GB of the RAM is being cached and it does not decrease even when my RAM is at...
  7. Why is windows taking up so much ram?

Why is windows taking up so much ram?: [ATTACH] windows taking up way to much ram, like half of it https://preview.redd.it/a8z9aiop4fg41.png?width=432&format=png&auto=webp&s=549b1487bd359008a6ce44ac9310535c7c8ff334 submitted by /u/Monv44 [link] [comments]...
  8. Memory in use- 12gb, why am I losing so much ram to nothing?

Memory in use- 12gb, why am I losing so much ram to nothing?: I have 64GB of ram, but windows seems to insist on eating up a percentage of it regardless of how much I have. I remember having 32gb and it being way lower, so it almost seems like a percentage is taken no matter what. And yes you might be yelling- Why do you need so much...
  9. Full ram not usable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Full ram not usable.: I have a gigabyte B450M Gaming motherboard pairs with a 8gb Corsair Vengeance Lpx ddr4 ram and amd ryzen 3 2200G with an integrated graphics (No other graphics). But the problem is that my computer is showing that only 5.95 GB of installed memory is present inspite of the 8...
  10. Why is my download from the internet so slow?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my download from the internet so slow?: All of a sudden I can't seem to download from the internet it is off and on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/why-is-my-download-from-the-internet-so-slow/4917f1cb-da26-492d-898a-bf0c95936712