Windows 10: Why is my RAM usage so high when nothing is running?

Discus and support Why is my RAM usage so high when nothing is running? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you are not running any apps while your Task Manager continuously shows that you use more than 70% of your RAM, then your PC has a high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 6, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Why is my RAM usage so high when nothing is running?

Why is my RAM usage so high when nothing is running? High-RAM-usage_featured.jpg
    If you are not running any apps while your Task Manager continuously shows that you use more than 70% of your RAM, then your PC has a high Memory/RAM usage issue. Ideally, it is normal to observe 30-40% RAM usage on your PC when nothing is running as this amount of RAM is needed to […]

This article Why is my RAM usage so high when nothing is running? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Nov 6, 2022

2. High Ram Usage

Hi there,

So this is the problem, From the time I bought this brand new IdeaPad Flex 5 (itlo5) 14" laptop, there has always been high ram usage when I look in task manager. The ram usage has always been around 80%. I have tried to clean install windows (which removes all bloatware from the manufacturer) but there is still high ram usage. My old HP laptop had the same amount of ram as this laptop (4GB) but the speed of the ram was slower. And the ram usage had been lower than this laptop!

Thanks

Eknoor Singh1, Nov 6, 2022
  3. TheViper Win User
    high ram usage

but when i run games that uses 1gb or more ram my ram usage becomes 90-96 and the computer starts lagging.

Why is my RAM usage so high when nothing is running? [​IMG]

TheViper, Nov 6, 2022
  4. GBCrosby Win User

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file copy

Thank you Amarjeet_Paul.

I spent many more hours than I had hoped this past week reading and trying others' suggestions from this community on how to reduce high RAM usage due to ntoskrnl.exe. The "System and compressed memory" process remained the top consumer of RAM, using 500-900MB,
    among all other processes running. I deemed it to be the likely culprit in making my computer use frustratingly sluggish. After completing your
    third step, steps 1. & 2. provided no improvement in my case, the "System and compressed memory" process RAM usage has plummeted from the top of the Task Manager Process list to the bottom, running at a remarkable 0.1MB! That's a whole lot less than
    1% of the targeted process' gluttony. You're hired! Ps. I'll be keeping an eye on the process' use as I get back to normal operations, and be back if it floats to high in the list. Or if the registry fix you suggested has compromised use in any way. Please
    explain in simple terms what the insertion of your registry modification is doing.

Thanks again.

Geoff

GBCrosby, Nov 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Why is my RAM usage so high when nothing is running? - Similar Threads - Why RAM usage

2. Why is my Memory usage so high when nothing is running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Memory usage so high when nothing is running?: I can't use the basic programs I used before. I had no problem at all having Chrome tabs open and Rhino, now I can't have anything open without blue screening....
  3. Why is my Memory usage so high when nothing is running?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Memory usage so high when nothing is running?: I can't use the basic programs I used before. I had no problem at all having Chrome tabs open and Rhino, now I can't have anything open without blue screening....
  4. Why is my RAM Usage so high?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my RAM Usage so high?: For some reason my ram usage has become very high for the past few days, to the point where I can't open more than 5 Chrome tabs. I have 8GB of RAM. But whenever I try to run 6 or 7 Chrome tabs my laptop blacks out for a few moments, or the Chrome tab reloads and shows an...
  5. Why is my RAM Usage so high?

Why is my RAM Usage so high?: For some reason my ram usage has become very high for the past few days, to the point where I can't open more than 5 Chrome tabs. I have 8GB of RAM. But whenever I try to run 6 or 7 Chrome tabs my laptop blacks out for a few moments, or the Chrome tab reloads and shows an...
  6. Why is my RAM Usage so high?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. High RAM usage by nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High RAM usage by nothing.: So I noticed abnormally high RAM usage a while ago. I had turned off the antivirus, so I turned it back on and had it scan, which found nothing. I looked online and tried everything I found. Nothing worked. I completely wiped and reset the computer, no personal files saved....
  8. High RAM usage by nothing.

High RAM usage by nothing.: So I noticed abnormally high RAM usage a while ago. I had turned off the antivirus, so I turned it back on and had it scan, which found nothing. I looked online and tried everything I found. Nothing worked. I completely wiped and reset the computer, no personal files saved....
  9. RAM usage at 90%+ when nothing is running

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM usage at 90%+ when nothing is running: I recently upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and have been having nothing but issues since. As the title states I have extremely high ram usage when nothing is being run. [img] [img] [img] I have pictures of my process monitor filtered by memory, resource...
  10. High ram usage with nothing running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High ram usage with nothing running: I built a new pc a week ago and today it started lagging like crazy and i noticed insane ram usage at first it was 99% with nothing showing too big of a usage: here's the screenshot and then i restarted pc and i found a solution online that disabling ndu.sys in registry fixes...