Windows 10: why is my router showing a xbox instead of a laptop

Discus and support why is my router showing a xbox instead of a laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 2019 - windows 10 - why is my router with a wired connection showing a Xbox connected to my router when I do not have a Xbox? I'm asking this question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hbja, Jun 10, 2019.

1. hbja Win User

why is my router showing a xbox instead of a laptop

2019 - windows 10 - why is my router with a wired connection showing a Xbox connected to my router when I do not have a Xbox? I'm asking this question with my wired connected HP laotop.

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

2. State Of Decay 2: Xbox multiplayer NAT type shows Strict

I have a desktop at home and a laptop at home, recently been trying to play State Of Decay 2 multiplayer at home between both computers but to no avail. Here are the information:

1. Desktop

• On the XBOX app on Windows 10 PC shows NAT type: "Open"
    • Desktop is connected to internet through LAN cable from an ASUS router RT-AC87U
    • Able to receive party invites, able to join friend invited game

2. Laptop

• On the XBOX app on Windows 10 PC shows NAT type: "Strict"
    • Desktop is connected to internet through ASUS router RT-AC87U wireless network
    • Not able to receive party invites, or game invite from Desktop.
    Router was set to enable UPnP.

Can anyone enlighten me how do i fix the Laptop issue. Or is it the Desktop problem?

Luciferoph85, Jun 10, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 10, 2019
  4. why is my router showing a xbox instead of a laptop

Xbox DVR saves game as "Xbox" instead of actual title

Hi Tyrea,

An outdated version of the Xbox app and corrupted installation files are possible reasons why you're encountering this issue. For us to determine the root cause, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your device before encountering this issue?
    • Have you tried recording other games and check if the same issue occurs?
    In the meantime, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help resolve issues regarding applications downloaded from the Windows Store.

Refer to this
    link
    for the steps on how to verify that you have the latest version of the Xbox app on Windows 10.

We also recommend keeping your device up-to-date. See
    How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10
    for the steps.

If the same instance occurs, kindly reset the Xbox app. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and click Settings.​
    • Select System.​
    • Select Apps & features.
    • ​Find the app and click Advanced options.​
    • Click Reset.​
    • Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.
    • ​Launch the app and check if the same instance occurs.
    Resetting the Xbox app can help resolve corrupted installation files.

Catherine Cus., Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

why is my router showing a xbox instead of a laptop

1. why is my router showing a xbox instead of a laptop - Similar Threads - why router showing

2. Why is my laptop showing random colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop showing random colors: When i try to boot up my laptop, it shows some random colors. it was doing that before but usually I'd just connect a monitor through hdmi and it would work, but now that doesn't works aswell. i tried using another cable, moving the port and even tried another laptop to the...
  3. Why is my email showing HTML code instead of a formatted message?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my email showing HTML code instead of a formatted message?: Why is my email showing HTML code instead of a formatted message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-email-showing-html-code-instead-of-a/11d32dc8-94af-47cb-8add-e2c05b0a8ca1
  4. Why is my email showing HTML code instead of a formatted message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my email showing HTML code instead of a formatted message?: Why is my email showing HTML code instead of a formatted message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-email-showing-html-code-instead-of-a/11d32dc8-94af-47cb-8add-e2c05b0a8ca1
  5. my wifi router name is not showing is it is the problem of my router ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my wifi router name is not showing is it is the problem of my router ?: After updating my pc it's not showing me the name of my router it is showing all the wifi networks name at my house but it's not showing the name of router . is this the problem of my router because i have already done all the setting that was given by Microsoft .pls pls...
  6. My laptop is showing this instead of starting

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop is showing this instead of starting: My laptop is showing this instead of starting.. how to exit from this and start the window 10[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-showing-this-instead-of-starting/e6806720-9a35-49f5-b36c-0b051e9361d2
  7. Router is showing Xbox but I don’t have an Xbox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Router is showing Xbox but I don’t have an Xbox: I am using HP laptop running WINDOWS 10 and I have a router with a wired connection that is showing a Xbox connected to my router instead of a laptop. Though I don’t have any Xbox. Why?...
  8. If my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up...

If my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up...: I f my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up with mynetwork connections? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-my-pc-is-connected-to-an-ethernet-cable/bc8a491d-71e4-41a7-b177-49a47718311f
  9. Media devices are showing my router??

Media devices are showing my router??: Not sure why anybody needs DLNA any more... Jimbo... an interesting post. I appreciate that TenForums isn't the most appropriate forum to find out more about playback of local media on smart TVs. Do you have any suggestions where I could look for answers? Perhaps there's one...
  10. Windows 10 Not Showing my router

Windows 10 Not Showing my router: Hey so I decided to take the plunge and upgrade from windows 7 professional 64bit to windows 10 pro and safe to say I am not impressed so far, boot times are 2x as long as windows 7 and the wifi list is showing it seems every single damn router in the village apart from mine!...