Windows 10: Why is my samsung SSD shown as HDD in boot menu?

Discus and support Why is my samsung SSD shown as HDD in boot menu? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [IMG] I bought 1TB SSD but it shows as SATA HDD here. Is it actually SSD or HDD?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ToXicShadow, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Why is my samsung SSD shown as HDD in boot menu?

Why is my samsung SSD shown as HDD in boot menu? [​IMG]

I bought 1TB SSD but it shows as SATA HDD here. Is it actually SSD or HDD?

:)

ToXicShadow, Aug 9, 2020
  2. BulldogXX Win User

HDD to SSD

I don't understand why you changed the boot order in your BIOS.

When you image or clone an HDD, and restore the image or clone to an SSD, you've got an identical copy of your computer on a different hard drive. Nothing has changed, really. So the next step is to remove the HDD from your computer and replace it with the
    SSD, then carry on as normal.

BulldogXX, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Ediolot Win User
    Dual boot on SSD and HDD (Windows 10 and Ubuntu)

I have an Acer Aspire S3 (20GB SSD and ~500GB HDD) and I want to install Windows 10 on the SSD while creating a ~400GB partion on the HDD for windows. I would use the other 100GB on the HDD to install Ubuntu (I wont be using Ubuntu very often). This is what I did:

1. Format the SSD and the HDD
    2. Install Windows 10 on the SSD
    3. Use diskpart to create a partition of 400GB in the HDD
    4. Configure windows
    5. Install Ubuntu
      • Create partitions for swap, / and /home in the 100GB of the HDD
      • Tell Ubuntu to install the boot loader on the SSD

But now, the computer start's always with windows instead of loading grub. I took a look at the Bios boot order then, but I couldnt find the SSD (I thought that was the reason why grub wasnt loading (?)). This was the boot order:

1. USB HDD:
    2. HDD: Hitachi HTS54...
    3. USB FDD:
    4. Network Boot:
    5. USB CDROM:

(Hitachi HTS54 ... Is my HDD)

Is there anyway to repair this or any steps to do it correctly ?
    Thanks

Ediolot, Aug 9, 2020
  4. jr1107 Win User

Why is my samsung SSD shown as HDD in boot menu?

Upgrading from HDD to SSD on Windows 10

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my current HDD (on my laptop) to a Samsung Evo SSD and I have some queries regarding the process. I am aware of the whole media creating process but I'd just wanna know if there would be any activation issues. I believe these are
    the steps involved.

1. Download the media creation tool. (Please confirm which one)

2. Replace HDD by SSD.

3. Boot from USB Drive and install on SSD. (It should not ask for a license)

4. Install all drivers.

Is this it? Did I miss any step?

Thank you

jr1107, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Why is my samsung SSD shown as HDD in boot menu?

1. Why is my samsung SSD shown as HDD in boot menu? - Similar Threads - Why samsung SSD

2. My ssd is not shown during install and win10 is installed on hdd instead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ssd is not shown during install and win10 is installed on hdd instead: Hello, I used windows 10 tool in pc, to reset my pc because it was lagging and low FPS in games, tool somehow didnt work as it should because in the past it always worked and was easy to do so I went to another pc for flash disk to get installation for win 10, after some...
  3. My ssd is not shown during install and win10 is installed on hdd instead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My ssd is not shown during install and win10 is installed on hdd instead: Hello, I used windows 10 tool in pc, to reset my pc because it was lagging and low FPS in games, tool somehow didnt work as it should because in the past it always worked and was easy to do so I went to another pc for flash disk to get installation for win 10, after some...
  4. HDD Required to boot SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD Required to boot SSD: I've installed windows 10 on a new SSD Samsung 870 EVO 1TB and it works just fine currently using it to create this post. However, my problem is that it seems that I need my old HDD to be able to boot the SDD. I want to set the SSD as the primary bootable device, but when I...
  5. HDD Required to boot SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD Required to boot SSD: I've installed windows 10 on a new SSD Samsung 870 EVO 1TB and it works just fine currently using it to create this post. However, my problem is that it seems that I need my old HDD to be able to boot the SDD. I want to set the SSD as the primary bootable device, but when I...
  6. HDD Required to boot SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Migrating from HDD to Samsung SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating from HDD to Samsung SSD: I cloned my windows from my HDD to my SSD, when I go into bios, the SSD doesn't show up when selecting boot device due to a signature collision. If I remove the HDD, it boots up fine from the SSD but I cannot format the HDD. The HDD seems to take automatic priority when it...
  8. GSOD at boot, before boot menu was shown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GSOD at boot, before boot menu was shown: My first ever GSOD at boot yesterday morning, would be interesting to know what caused it. See attached DM Log Collector file. Thanks in advance, 88217
  9. SATA HDD & SSD shown as removable

SATA HDD & SSD shown as removable: Bios does not have Hot Swap options for SATA drives. Interface is AHCI. Have tried: " reg.exe add “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\Parameters\Device” /f /v TreatAsInternalPort /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d x" Which corrects for one drive but when run on the second...
  10. Upgrade Samsung Laptop HDD to SSD

Upgrade Samsung Laptop HDD to SSD: Evening All, I would like to upgrade this ole Samsung Laptop, with a Samsung 850 EVO SSD, but I'm not sure because of the iSSD P4 8GB (used for Express Cache). I know I won't need it anymore, but is there going to be conflicts/issues ? Specs: Operating System Windows...