Windows 10: Why is my SD card showing up twice in File Explorer?

Discus and support Why is my SD card showing up twice in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In the left pane here: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LAPIII, Jul 19, 2019.

1. LAPIII Win User

Why is my SD card showing up twice in File Explorer?

In the left pane here:

Why is my SD card showing up twice in File Explorer? e6aee41f-c3ba-4000-aed2-29606e049317?upload=true.png

:)

LAPIII, Jul 19, 2019
  2. jimbo45 Win User

File explorer shows EXTENAL USB volumes TWICE

Hi there

Anybody else get the problem of external USB volumes appearing TWICE in the file explorer list (Build 9860).

Why is my SD card showing up twice in File Explorer? [​IMG]

Not a show stopper but annoying.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 19, 2019
  3. file explorer doesnt show movies on sd card but does list pictures

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are unable to view movie files in SD card in the file explorer.

Please answer these questions:

• Are you able to see movie files in file explorer which are saved in your computer hard disk?
    • Are you able to see movie files when you connect any other external device?
    • Do you get any error message when you open the SD card from file explorer?

I request you to follow the below methods:

Method 1:

The movie files might be hidden. So please check the hidden items.

Method 2:

Perform system file checker. Follow the steps below which will help you:

• Open an elevated command prompt.

• In the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow.
    The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 19, 2019
  4. Why is my SD card showing up twice in File Explorer?

SD card not showing in store

The SD card is not showing in the store. The official tutorial on the Microsoft website (http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp8/apps/how-do-i-install-apps-from-an-sd-card)

states:

To install apps and games from your phone's SD card

• Insert an SD card that contains one or more .XAP files into your phone.

• On Start
      Why is my SD card showing up twice in File Explorer? hardware-icon-start-button.png
      , tap
      Store
      Why is my SD card showing up twice in File Explorer? start-icon-marketplace.png
      , and then tap
      SD card.

Note

If you've just inserted the SD card or added the .XAP files, you might need to wait a few minutes before you can access your SD card from the Store.

• Select the apps you want, and then tap Install.

However, the problem, and thus the source of this question resides in step number 2. "Tap SD card" is not possible, as the option to do so does not exist within the store. Perhaps this clarifies the question.

Soviet Messiah, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Why is my SD card showing up twice in File Explorer?

1. Why is my SD card showing up twice in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - Why card showing

2. SD CARD NOT SHOWING UP IN MY PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD CARD NOT SHOWING UP IN MY PC.: Hi, am Sudhanshu, few days back I removed my SD card from my phone and inserted it into my computer and again removed it from my computer and inserted it into my phone I did this again and again for 3-4 times but in 5th time when I inserted my SD card I doesn't showed up into...
  3. Videos NOT showing on file explorer from SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos NOT showing on file explorer from SD card: So videos from my SD card will not show up on file explorer. This does not work for either of my SD cards, so it's not an issue on that end. I have "hidden items" checked as you can see in the screenshot below. Can anyone suggest any other options that may need to be toggled?...
  4. sd card files not showing up

sd card files not showing up: info: san disk image mate 128gb micro sd [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-files-not-showing-up/05bf013c-7efc-4398-9f32-d453b1ca23e0
  5. In File Explorer, why are there no thumbnails of SD cards images?

In File Explorer, why are there no thumbnails of SD cards images?: In Folder Options > View I have unchecked Always show icons, never thumbnails. In the other folders in the File Explorer icons are shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-file-explorer-why-are-there-no-thumbnails-of-sd/8875ccbc-28d5-4c2b-be14-90bfc7b1067b
  6. Why do my USB drive and SD card show up twice under "My Computer"?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why do my USB drive and SD card show up twice under "My Computer"?: Re: Windows 10 version number 2004 (OS Build 19041.685): [img] I don't see anything strange about my partitions: [img] The PC works fine, but these double listings are confusing. What am I missing? - Thanks 172150
  7. Why do my USB drive and SD card show up twice under "My Computer"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do my USB drive and SD card show up twice under "My Computer"?: Re: Windows 10 version number 2004 (OS Build 19041.685): [img] I don't see anything strange about my partitions: [img] The PC works fine, but these double listings are confusing. What am I missing? - Thanks 172150
  8. sd card not showing up

sd card not showing up: Hi I have recently noticed that my SD card is not showing up on my windows 10 lap top. It used to be there fine. The SD works fine inother machines. I have tried all of the points here except the last one which says 'run hardware and device' troubleshooter. When I go to...
  9. sd card reader not showing on explorer

sd card reader not showing on explorer: sd card reader not showing on explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-showing-on-explorer/75cdc18e-6091-460f-9380-db31bce46b8f
  10. SD Card and File Explorer

SD Card and File Explorer: I am having a strange problem on my new Win10 laptop. I have a built-in SD slot in my laptop in which I keep a 2G card to store just one file - my complete collection of UserIDs and Passwords; I leave the card in all the time and copy and paste whenever needed. The reason...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 file explorer shows sd card twice

2. why is sd card showing up 2 times in file explorer

3. windows10 sdhc shows up twice in file explorer