Windows 10: Why is my second monitor appearing blurry

Discus and support Why is my second monitor appearing blurry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just plugged in a second monitor to my pc and for some reason it appears as blurry I am using windows 10 and I am unsure as to what to do as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kevin Abreu, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Why is my second monitor appearing blurry

I have just plugged in a second monitor to my pc and for some reason it appears as blurry I am using windows 10 and I am unsure as to what to do as I have tried to scale dpi chance the resolution and lots of different options such as updating display adaptors, however it is still blurry and I can't find any other methods I am unsure if it is just my monitor or if there is any other options to fix this if so I would like help as to how to fix it.

Thank you

:)

kevin Abreu, Aug 26, 2020

2. Blurry Apps on second monitor

Hi and thanks for answering.

Are you sure you read my question in the first place ?

I have no issue accessing my external display. I'm running a laptop with a high-dpi monitor, that is extended to a standard-dpi 22" monitor, and here's what my problem is :

- my high-dpi monitor is showing most of my apps fine (legacy windows apps are blurry, but that's not a big issue)

- what's more of an issue is this : when I drag any app that is not a native Windows 10 app (ie : Google Chrome) on my extended monitor, it shows up blurry. Only native Windows 10 apps are showing up crisp and clear on my extended monitor

I tried upgrading my Intel HD drivers and performed a SFC, but none of these steps solved my issue.

How can I solve my problem ?

Thanks

thsadopter, Aug 26, 2020
  3. dsaum123 Win User
    Adding third monitor made second monitor blurry!

Hey all - Been lurking here for a while and have found many answers, but after searching with no resolution found. I was issued a new Dell laptop for work with Win10 1709 - it's a core i5 6300u 2.4Ghz with an intel HD 520 graphics card. I was running two 24 inch monitors at 1920x1080 with no problems. I added a third monitor, a dell 19incher at 1440x900. As soon as I added it, my second monitor became blurry (actually listed as monitor 1 in display setting, but monitor 2 in the Intel HD graphics control panel). I've gone through all the settings, changed refresh rates, tried different scale and layout percentages.. but alas, no change. The blurry monitor is connected via HDMI, and the other two are VGA and Mini Display to DVI. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Dave

dsaum123, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Why is my second monitor appearing blurry

Blurry Apps on second monitor

Hi there,

I have a 1080p 13" Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop connected to an extended 22" monitor. This was kind of a nightmare under Windows 8, but seems to work a lot better with Windows 10.

However, I' still have a lot of apps showing crisp and clear on the HD display, but being blurry when I drag the to the second monitor. Blurry apps include PowerPoint 2007, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera and so on. Only system apps and Windows 10 pieces of
    software installed from the App Store seem to display OK on the extended monitor.

Is there a way to fix this and have all my apps showing fine on both monitors ?

Thanks

thsadopter, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Why is my second monitor appearing blurry

1. Why is my second monitor appearing blurry - Similar Threads - Why second monitor

2. Programs are appearing blurry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs are appearing blurry: Few programs which I've installed on my PC for example BitTorrent, is appearing blurry on my display seems like only the program is in low resolution. How do I make this appear normal as other programs appear? See screenshot you'll notice that program is blurry while below...
  3. Boot Screen keeps appearing on second monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot Screen keeps appearing on second monitors: Hi, Whenever I start my PC the boot screen where I have the ability to go into BIOS always appears on my vertical second monitor. I am using 2 DP from my nvidia graphics card. I made sure the monitors are set propoerly on the NVIDIA control panel and also on the display...
  4. Fullscreen border appears on second monitor - no fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fullscreen border appears on second monitor - no fix?: This is driving me absolutely insane and I can't find a solve anywhere - pleaaaaaase can somebody point me to a fix? Some, not all, programs extend to my second monitor when in fullscreen. Discord and Star Wars Battlefront 2 are the main 2 programs (BF2 does so in fullscreen...
  5. Desktop icons appearing on second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons appearing on second monitor: As my title suggests, I am trying to troubleshoot an issue where my desktop icons are appearing on the wrong screen. I have my primary display set correctly in settings however, the icons continue to appear on the wrong monitor. This isn't a huge concern to me, but it is more...
  6. Blurry monitors

Blurry monitors: Hello, Everytime I connect my 1920x1080 monitor to my pc I always get a blurry display plus the colors are washed out and look fake, when I look at my monitor in that state it doesn't feel like it's a full HD monitor...the details are unclear and not sharp at all...it is...
  7. Adding third monitor made second monitor blurry!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding third monitor made second monitor blurry!: Hey all - Been lurking here for a while and have found many answers, but after searching with no resolution found. I was issued a new Dell laptop for work with Win10 1709 - it's a core i5 6300u 2.4Ghz with an intel HD 520 graphics card. I was running two 24 inch monitors at...
  8. Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes: Before we get started, here might be some setup information that may be worth noting. My primary monitor is a 1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native) using an HDMI to DVI. My secondary monitor is a SONY TV 1360 x 768 (native) using an HDMI. Both are connected to my graphics card and not...
  9. Blurry text appearance

Blurry text appearance: I have upgraded to windows 10 pro and using AMD graphics on my laptop, even after adjusting clear text, the texts still appear with shadows pls help to fix this issue 25229
  10. Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor: Hi, I am facing a strange problem. I have installed Windows 10 recently on my new PC. The problem I am facing is that the HDMI connected Samsung TV (which is the second monitor) is showing up red/blue dots across the screen. Initially, i thought it might be a graphic...