Windows 10: Why is my Sim City 3000 not running?

Discus and support Why is my Sim City 3000 not running? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try to launch my game I keep getting an error "unknown exception". What is causing this? A friend says that this is particular to windows 10? My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NickSabbagha, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Why is my Sim City 3000 not running?

When I try to launch my game I keep getting an error "unknown exception". What is causing this? A friend says that this is particular to windows 10? My other old game "Panzer General 111" is also not running anymore. Should I change to an older version of Windows or try a completely different operating system Ubuntu maybe?

:)

NickSabbagha, Jun 24, 2020

2. Sims 1 & Sim City 3000

Hi,

There are several reasons why Sim City 3000 Unlimited, The Sims 1 and Sim City 4 are no compatible to Windows 10. For better assistance,
    we suggest that you contact the developer of the game to resolve compatibility issues of the game.

Regards

Jomari Arc, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Sims 1 & Sim City 3000

I have some old video games I haven't played in a while that I tried installing on my laptop which originally had Windows 8 but now has 10.

Specifically, Sim City 3000 Unlimited, The Sims 1 and Sim City 4 installed successfully, but they do not respond when I click to launch them, or they display an error message about needing to be an administrator, even though I am. I previously played these
    games on a Windows 7 laptop.

I found this video that has a link to download a patch for Sims, but it works only if you have ALL of the expansions. I have none of them.

And no, compatibility mode didn't work with any of these games.

Any way possibly to get these games to work? I'd hate to have to buy a old Windows 7 laptop to play them.

UPDATE: I came across an old laptop with Windows 7. I first tried to install The Sims, which completed successfully. But again, no response when launching, including in compatibility mode.

Next, I tried Sim City 3000. The install took a long time and froze a couple of times. During this time, I got an error saying the application uses CTL3D32.DLL which has not correctly been installed. The install continued on until I got an unspecified copy
    error. When the install was nearly complete, the process aborted.

Finally, I tried Sim City 4 Deluxe. It installed succesfully, but when I attempt to launch it, I get an error saying please login with administrator privileges and try again. Again, I am an administrator, and I right clicked Run As Administrator and got
    no response. It also refused to launch in compatibility mode.

Goodell Must Go, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Faith Win User

Why is my Sim City 3000 not running?

Trouble running SimCity 3000

How can I play Sim City 3000 in Windows 10? - Answer HQ

Faith, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Why is my Sim City 3000 not running?

1. Why is my Sim City 3000 not running? - Similar Threads - Why Sim City

2. sim city 4 stops launching at intro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sim city 4 stops launching at intro: xxxxxxxxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sim-city-4-stops-launching-at-intro/0d7bb079-c929-4a9a-992f-732623bc4464
  3. sim city 4 stops launching at intro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sim city 4 stops launching at intro: xxxxxxxxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sim-city-4-stops-launching-at-intro/0d7bb079-c929-4a9a-992f-732623bc4464
  4. Help getting *The Sims* (2000) running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help getting *The Sims* (2000) running: I've tried installing The Sims and all of it's expansions (Livin' it up to Makin' Magic) but there's a ton of issues: locking up whenever I try to visit a community lot, not being able to save, unable to import families etc. It's not like I can buy it of GOG either I'll...
  5. Can't install my Sim City 4 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't install my Sim City 4 on Windows 10: Sim City 4 ran perfectly in Windows 7, but now Windows 10 won't run it. It goes through the install, but when you click on the desktop shortcut nothing happens....
  6. Cities in my weather app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cities in my weather app: I live in Waynesburg, Pa. For years I've had weather bug, weather app with no problemsminor maybe now all of a sudden my weather has me living in Ohio and shows weather for 4 or 5 towns in Ohio, I change the location back to Pa. and get my weather for Waynesburg, go to...
  7. Trying to run Sims 1 on my Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to run Sims 1 on my Windows 10 laptop: Hi, all. I am trying to run the base game for The Sims on my laptop. I have tried to download patches but they seem to be only for the deluxe editions. i have also tried running in compatibility mode for all Windows OS. I once had issues running Sims 2 on my laptop, but...
  8. Can my Surface run the Sims 4 + expansions?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can my Surface run the Sims 4 + expansions?: I have a Surface Pro 6 (?), here's the specs or whatever [ATTACH] I'm wondering if this can run the Sims 4 and expansions smoothly and without messing up/slowing down my laptop. I'm not at all technically adept to figure it out myself, so any help would be appreciated....
  9. Trouble running SimCity 3000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble running SimCity 3000: Today I installed SimCity 3000 onto my PC, the setup went fine but when I try to start the game it asks me to run it as an administrator, I don't know why it asks this but I do it anyway, but after I do that nothing happens at all. In the games' properties menu I did select...
  10. BSOD playing DOTA 2 & SIM CITY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing DOTA 2 & SIM CITY: Dear axe0, In accordance with a request to create a new thread. The problem I faced when I was migrating to Windows 10 is I can not get DOTA 2. When installing the update then happens BSOD. I read some threads in this forum but I can not. Similarly, when I play SIM CITY...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. simcity error 3000 windows 10 fix