Windows 10: Why is my Snipping Tool not working after 1 upgraded to Windows 10.

Discus and support Why is my Snipping Tool not working after 1 upgraded to Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why is my Snipping Tool not working after 1 upgraded to Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anne Thomas athomas, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Why is my Snipping Tool not working after 1 upgraded to Windows 10.

Why is my Snipping Tool not working after 1 upgraded to Windows 10.

:)

Anne Thomas athomas, Feb 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

I started using Greenshot instead of Windows Snipping tool, I find it to be far more useful and now I'm so hooked on it, that I use it on any and every system I own or use.

Downloads

I'd say give that a try, it has a send to printer option. You can use various commands, and it works so well that I only use the Snip tool if Greenshot hasn't been installed. Works great on 7/8/10, 2008-2016 in my experiences. Give it a try.

Edit: It's free as well. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Why is my Snipping Tool not working after 1 upgraded to Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Why Snipping Tool

2. After Windows 7 to 10 upgrade “Snipping Tool” and the “Snip & Sketch” do not paste what was...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows 7 to 10 upgrade “Snipping Tool” and the “Snip & Sketch” do not paste what was...: Recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Both the “Snipping Tool” and the “Snip & Sketch” appear to copy but WILL NOT paste what is copied. Instead it will past miscellaneous Icons and information from what looks like my Outlook Email, word template etc. What is the...
  3. Windows Snipping Tool shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Snipping Tool shortcut not working: The Win + Shift + S snipping tool shortcut opens up the widget but does not save the snip or open the editor, however the snipping app itself works correctly when opened up. The registry correctly points to user pictures folder; I took these images and description of the...
  4. Snipping Tool for Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snipping Tool for Windows 10: Snipping Tool is in Windows 7 and Snip & Sketch is in Windows 10 What is the procedure to download and install the Windows 7 Snipping Tool from the Microsoft Store into Windows 10?...
  5. Snip it tool not working

Snip it tool not working: Hi When I click on new and go to snip my work the whole screen turns black and I cannot see what is underneath, therefore it doesnt work Can anyone help me please. Lisa...
  6. Windows 10 Snipping Tool Irritation: Location Moves AFTER Snipping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Snipping Tool Irritation: Location Moves AFTER Snipping: Love Snipping Tool. Problem. After snipping, Snipping Tool decides to hide itself under what I am snipping. I hate that. Bothersome to hunt under for it all the time. Try taking a dozen snips in a row and you get the picture. I will begin by deliberately positioning...
  7. Snip & Sketch tool not working

Snip & Sketch tool not working: Snip & Sketch not working correctly after recent update. When I select New snip the screen shades like normal but then wont capture my snip from any application. It will still capture my snip from websites though. How do I get it work again, especially in my Word, Excel and...
  8. Windows 10 SNIPPING TOOL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 SNIPPING TOOL: When is the snipping tool going to removed and replaced with Snip & Sketch? Anyway that we can have both permanently? I like the Snipping Tool more and rather have that than the Snip & Sketch. what file are needed to keep in order to preserve this one so an update does not...
  9. Windows 10 snipping tool

Windows 10 snipping tool: I have used windows 7 snipping tool with great success. However, with windows 10 the snipping tool comes up and is usable. The only problem is the print preview shows the entire snip it but, doesn't print completely. The right side and bottom will not print. Any...
  10. Snipping Tool in Windows 10

Snipping Tool in Windows 10: I have an old shortcut to the Snipping Tool and just clicked on it after upgrade. It launches but doesn't seem to be able to save anything any longer. Anyone knows anything about this? 56416