Windows 10: Why is my Start Menu Tiles missing for?

Discus and support Why is my Start Menu Tiles missing for? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does this happen? I don't think the apps are gone from the computer but I don't see the tiles on there. Why? This happened with the Microsoft Photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sheriselitz, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Why is my Start Menu Tiles missing for?

Why does this happen? I don't think the apps are gone from the computer but I don't see the tiles on there. Why? This happened with the Microsoft Photo App I had to install it from the store. How does this happen? Could it be a virus? Or is it normal for it to do that because of windows updating? But maybe again the app is gone.

:)

sheriselitz, Sep 3, 2018

2. Phone tile is missing from the Start Menu.

Original Title: Microsoft Lumina 640 start tile

Last Friday 10th June my Lumina 640 phone updated to the latest Windows 10.

When it restarted the phone tile had disappeared from the start menu.

When I tried to re-pin to start from the list of apps by holding down the app the "Pin to Start" function was grey suggesting that the app was already pinned.

I have unpinned all the start tiles in an effort to find the phone tile but to no avail

Please advise how I can restore the missing phone tile

StephenShacklady, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with:

Why is my Start Menu Tiles missing for? [​IMG]

All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-b988cd6da49a

I tried every step in their. After all said and done, I got installed programs to show up, but the live tiles that usually show to the right did not come back. I was ok with that, thinking I would work on this today and find a solution to that problem.

I just woke up the computer again from sleep and the start menu is blank AGAIN. Before this started happening last night, I have not installed any new software nor has windows ran any updates.

I'm at a loss. I tried system recovery and to roll back to a few days prior, but I keep getting an error after recovery is attempted stating that windows recovery wasn't able to fully complete due to a certain file (i can retry recovery and post picture of error if needed).

So any suggestions on whats my next step? I thought maybe I had a malware issue, but II have avast and malware antibytes installed and they showed no hits when the scans where run.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a Great Turkey Day!

PS, I have to work today from 4pm to 6am, so If I do not reply right away I apologize.

Dalumberjack03, Sep 3, 2018
  4. zarz0rz Win User

Why is my Start Menu Tiles missing for?

Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

Hi There,

I had the exact same problem. Showed up last night and I used the computer all day today with my blank Start Menu. Even if I tried searching for an app on the start menu, it would find it, but if I clicked on it, nothing would happen.

Then I found this post, also from this forum, and it solved the issue for me.

I didn't even know Windows TenForums, but I felt compeled to register an account just to answer you so you could solve your problem too. Hope it does.

Best regards from Portugal,

José Rodrigues

zarz0rz, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

Why is my Start Menu Tiles missing for?

1. Why is my Start Menu Tiles missing for? - Similar Threads - Why Start Menu

2. several tiles are missing from start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    several tiles are missing from start menu: I had many tiles that I pinned to start. When I opened the start menu, many are missing. How do I get them back without having to reload the tiles....
  3. several tiles are missing from start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    several tiles are missing from start menu: I had many tiles that I pinned to start. When I opened the start menu, many are missing. How do I get them back without having to reload the tiles....
  4. several tiles are missing from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why are my start menu tiles looking like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are my start menu tiles looking like this?: So this is what two of my adobe programs look like in the start menu. https://i.imgur.com/JJM4ukH.png My Google Chrome tile used to be dark grey but I managed to fix that. However, I can't think of a solution for this one. It looks so ugly. Why does this happen in the...
  6. Start Menu Chrome Tiles Missing

in Browsers and Email
    Start Menu Chrome Tiles Missing: W10 Ver 1903 On occasion, all my chrome tiles will disappear from my Start Menu...usually following a W10 update. It's very frustrating. I've stopped trying to customize my start menu directly with Chrome shortcuts. My solution is to use standard Windows folders to hold my...
  7. Why is my browser start menu tile blue?

Why is my browser start menu tile blue?: For some reason the only blue tile on my start menu is FireFox. Is there a way to prevent this? Thank you! 69964
  8. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  9. Missing tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing tiles in the start menu: I remember that after I had upgraded to Windows 10, my local account wasn't available and the system logged me in with a temporary profile. Then when I logged in with my account, some of the tiles from the start menu had disappeared. I've tried opening powershell and...
  10. Start menu tiles half missing at times

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles half missing at times: On the start menu, the tiles that I made small sometimes half disappear for some reason. Also, not all of my small tiles half disappear, it's only some of them. If I restart the problem is fixed but it usually comes back later. Does anyone know how to fix it? [img] 16105