Windows 10: Why is my Surface Go 2 not offered 22H2 update yet?

Discus and support Why is my Surface Go 2 not offered 22H2 update yet? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Surface Go 2 that is still running Windows 11 Home 21H2, and hasn't received an invitation to update to 22H2. Can someone help me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JEK71, Nov 16, 2022.

1. JEK71 Win User

Why is my Surface Go 2 not offered 22H2 update yet?

Hello, I have a Surface Go 2 that is still running Windows 11 Home 21H2, and hasn't received an invitation to update to 22H2. Can someone help me to find out why, and whether I should keep waiting or just do a manual update? The SG2 works great and I haven't had problems with anything. I've only updated it through automatic offers in Windows Update, and Windows Update seems to work fine. I bought it new with W10S, and immediately updated it to W10 Home 21H2 through the automatic offer on Jan 19. I accepted the automatic offer to update to W11 21H2 on Feb 4. I seem to be receiving all other up

:)

JEK71, Nov 16, 2022
  2. itsme1 Win User

How to get the Windows 10 2022 Update version 22H2 Win Update

If you can't install it from windows update you can try to install it manually, it's the same KB5015684 obtained with windows update.

Windows 10 Version 22H2 is coming in October 2022 ---> KB5015684 Provides Quick Windows 10 22H2 Upgrade - Ed Tittel On the Ed Tittel page click on the links DeskModder.de or .MSU x64 version of the upgrade.

KB5015684 Funktionsupdate auf die Windows 10 22H2 (19045) [Manueller Download] - Deskmodder.de

Do dism and sfc /scannow commands before and/or after installing it.

itsme1, Nov 16, 2022
  3. Andy Roid Win User
    How to get the Windows 10 2022 Update version 22H2 Win Update

I wish things are that simple. My error code was 0x80246017, and I don't have KB5020435 installed so it's a dead end. BTW, MS lists like 6 or 7 error codes of the format 0x8024xxxx on the "troubleshooting WU problems", and when you chose next step, it suggests generic steps: run WU troubleshooter, check if your disk has no errors, is your remote disk is accessible, etc. Same as MS community; each similar error has completely different cause and (re)solution.
    MS in notorious for this- if it works then OK, if it doesn't then good luck.

Andy Roid, Nov 16, 2022
  4. Why is my Surface Go 2 not offered 22H2 update yet?

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Nov 16, 2022
Thema:

Why is my Surface Go 2 not offered 22H2 update yet?

1. Why is my Surface Go 2 not offered 22H2 update yet? - Similar Threads - Why Surface offered

2. My Surface go 2 is slowing down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Surface go 2 is slowing down: Hello, I bought a surface go 2 and windows is extremely slow on it. I use this thing to do work. I use the office suite of apps and Google chrome and firefox. I know they aren't very lightweight web browsers so if you have recommendations I will take them Except edge. I will...
  3. My Surface go 2 is slowing down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Surface go 2 is slowing down: Hello, I bought a surface go 2 and windows is extremely slow on it. I use this thing to do work. I use the office suite of apps and Google chrome and firefox. I know they aren't very lightweight web browsers so if you have recommendations I will take them Except edge. I will...
  4. Why is my Surface Go 2 not offered 22H2 update yet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Surface Go 2 not offered 22H2 update yet?: Hello, I have a Surface Go 2 that is still running Windows 11 Home 21H2, and hasn't received an invitation to update to 22H2. Can someone help me to find out why, and whether I should keep waiting or just do a manual update? The SG2 works great and I haven't had problems with...
  5. Is there no way 2 force W10 22H2 update offer 2 show up in WU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there no way 2 force W10 22H2 update offer 2 show up in WU?: TY 4 reading & hopefully answering soon. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-no-way-2-force-w10-22h2-update-offer-2/d47e4413-ee12-49dc-8222-39bcc4a40cdb
  6. Is there no way 2 force W10 22H2 update offer 2 show up in WU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there no way 2 force W10 22H2 update offer 2 show up in WU?: TY 4 reading & hopefully answering soon. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-no-way-2-force-w10-22h2-update-offer-2/d47e4413-ee12-49dc-8222-39bcc4a40cdb
  7. Is there no way 2 force W10 22H2 update offer 2 show up in WU?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Go 2: Hi I'm hoping someone can help. I have a surface go 2 which is about a week old and i notice that when i charge from below 20% using a surface laptop charger it will only charge upto 30% normally when i leave it overnight. I've run the diagnostics tool and everything...
  9. Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds: Available for preorder today, new Surface devices and accessories are designed to help you work, learn, connect and play from anywhere [ATTACH] The way we work, connect and learn continues to change right in front of us. Our devices have become our window to the world...
  10. Surface GO with WLAN 2 and bluetooth 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface GO with WLAN 2 and bluetooth 2: I've just recovered My Surface GO via recovery option in settings window. Now my WLAN connection in Network Adapter window appears to be WLAN 2. I tried to rename it to WLAN but the same name already existed. I don't see any connection named WLAN displayed there. The...