Windows 10: Why is my system memory(RAM) being limited?

Discus and support Why is my system memory(RAM) being limited? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I've checked the memory on my system with CPU-Z and there it only shows 1066.7 mhz, even though I have a kingston hyperx khx2133c14d4/4g, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Azazel1, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Azazel1 Win User

Why is my system memory(RAM) being limited?

Hello, I've checked the memory on my system with CPU-Z and there it only shows 1066.7 mhz, even though I have a kingston hyperx khx2133c14d4/4g, which should have 2133 mhz instead. My MOBO is a B150M Gaming 3, and I use Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1, but my processor seems not to be compatible with it(Intel Core I3-7100), is it a OS problem? Or is it a misconfiguration on my BIOS? I appreciate any help anyone could give me as I'm not sure what to do.

:)

Azazel1, Jul 4, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 4, 2021
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Installed Memory(RAM)

Hi Jyotirmay,

Base on the screenshot you provided, it means you have a 3.5 GB usable memory out of the 4 GB memory installed. The amount of usable memory that you see is not exact amount. Usable memory is a calculated amount of the total physical memory minus "hardware
    reserved" memory.

The reduction of the available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices.
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory.
    • The System BIOS version and settings.
    • The version of Windows that is installed
    • Other system settings.

If you find that much of your RAM is regularly being used, consider adding more RAM if possible, especially if your PC only has 1 or 2 gigabytes (GB) of RAM. To learn more about what kind of RAM your PC model uses, first look at the memory info in Task Manager,
    and then visit the PC manufacturer’s website for more specific info.

Why is my system memory(RAM) being limited? adbf94c8-6e3b-47cd-870a-1807aaea723e?upload=true.png

• Type of memory (RAM) PC uses
    • RAM speed
    • Memory slots used

Here’s some info about the minimum memory requirements for Windows 10:

• Windows 10 (32-bit) can run on a PC with 1 GB of RAM, but it runs better with 2 GB. For better performance, add memory so you have 3 GB or more.
    • Windows 10 (64-bit) can run on a PC with 2 GB of RAM, but it runs better with 4 GB. For better performance, add memory so you have 6 GB or more.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Jul 4, 2021
  4. Why is my system memory(RAM) being limited?

System Reserved Memory issue

Hi Rowan,

The reduction in available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory
    • The system BIOS version and settings
    • The version of Windows 10 that is installed
    • Other system settings

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest that you check your system for memory problems.

Here's how:

• Type mdsched.exe in the search bar and select the best match.
    • When prompted by the User Account Control, enter an admin user name and password, and click
      Yes.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run it.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

Why is my system memory(RAM) being limited?

1. Why is my system memory(RAM) being limited? - Similar Threads - Why system memory

2. Why is my system being hacked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is my system being hacked: After restoring my computer yesterday, the laptop worked fine until I went to bed. in the morning then I turned it on it had this message STOP CRITICAL PROCESS DIED who is hacking my laptop? when it was working it will no longer go into safe mode or my mode just showing this...
  3. Why is my system being hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my system being hacked: After restoring my computer yesterday, the laptop worked fine until I went to bed. in the morning then I turned it on it had this message STOP CRITICAL PROCESS DIED who is hacking my laptop? when it was working it will no longer go into safe mode or my mode just showing this...
  4. Why is my system being hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM: Hey, I have installed 16GB RAM, the entire RAM is 15,9GB but only 9,4GB is available. Is this "normal"? Picture is in german sorry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-only-the-half-of-my-physical-memory/0b58de63-bbe5-4198-9cdb-d47fa456fa68
  6. Why is my system memory(RAM) being limited?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is my system memory(RAM) being limited?: Hello, I've checked the memory on my system with CPU-Z and there it only shows 1066.7 mhz, even though I have a kingston hyperx khx2133c14d4/4g, which should have 2133 mhz instead. My MOBO is a B150M Gaming 3, and I use Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1, but my processor seems not...
  7. Limited RAM Usable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Limited RAM Usable: Hi! This is my very first question on Microsoft Community. I am having a RAM issue on my laptop, and cannot find a solution. I have 3 gigabytes of RAM installed, but the System tab in Settings says: 3.00 GB installed 2.47 GB usable Does anyone know how to fix this? I've...
  8. Why is my system using 10GB+ of Memory???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my system using 10GB+ of Memory???: I have 32GB DDR4-3200 memory, and for quite some time, my system has been using over 10GB of it, even when I'm doing nothing. When I check all the processes running, and add up their memory usage, I only see it showing around 1.25GB total in use by processes, so what is using...
  9. RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10: Hello, I need some help/solution for this! My problem is the next... I used to Windows 7 and it run well until It got infected so I formated it to Windows 10 (on Feb) and it run like you will expect from a recent formated PC, then I noticed it was almost using 50% of the...
  10. System RAM memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System RAM memory: Hello all; ever since I have had this computer, I built it, I have had the problem of only being able to use 1/2 of the RAM installed. I have looked up ways to fix the problem with no solution. My motherboard is a MSI B75MA-E33 and I looked up what RAM was suggested for this...