Windows 10: Why is my system using 10GB+ of Memory???

Discus and support Why is my system using 10GB+ of Memory??? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have 32GB DDR4-3200 memory, and for quite some time, my system has been using over 10GB of it, even when I'm doing nothing. When I check all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sjball6988, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Why is my system using 10GB+ of Memory???

I have 32GB DDR4-3200 memory, and for quite some time, my system has been using over 10GB of it, even when I'm doing nothing. When I check all the processes running, and add up their memory usage, I only see it showing around 1.25GB total in use by processes, so what is using up the other 9GB+? The only thing I can think of that would possibly cause this is a memory leak, but nothing shows any signs of using the other 9GB+, so I'm not sure what's going on...

Specs:

Motherboard: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 WIFI ax
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4000MHz w/ Wraith Prism cooler
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 2x16GB DDR4-3200 [16-18-18-38 CR1]
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 11GB GDDR5X
    Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fata1ity Professional 64MB X-RAM
    Storage: 2 Seagate IronWolf Pro 2TB, Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB
    Optical: Plextor PX-891SAW DVD+/-RW
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower ST TPST-1000AH3NE 1000W
    Chassis: Thermaltake Core X71

:)

sjball6988, Nov 22, 2020

2. System Reserved Memory issue

Hi Rowan,

The reduction in available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory
    • The system BIOS version and settings
    • The version of Windows 10 that is installed
    • Other system settings

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest that you check your system for memory problems.

Here's how:

• Type mdsched.exe in the search bar and select the best match.
    • When prompted by the User Account Control, enter an admin user name and password, and click
      Yes.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run it.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Why is my system using 10GB+ of Memory???

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Why is my system using 10GB+ of Memory???

1. Why is my system using 10GB+ of Memory??? - Similar Threads - Why system using

2. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything: i just downgraded from 11 to 10 version 2303 because window 11 is too much on a 2015ish laptop, heres the model edge e531 thinkpad - type 6885, i tried resetting bios, re arranging ram, using dual slot and single slot nothing works the system reserved was always above 90% of...
  3. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything: i just downgraded from 11 to 10 version 2303 because window 11 is too much on a 2015ish laptop, heres the model edge e531 thinkpad - type 6885, i tried resetting bios, re arranging ram, using dual slot and single slot nothing works the system reserved was always above 90% of...
  4. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is my system memory(RAM) being limited?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is my system memory(RAM) being limited?: Hello, I've checked the memory on my system with CPU-Z and there it only shows 1066.7 mhz, even though I have a kingston hyperx khx2133c14d4/4g, which should have 2133 mhz instead. My MOBO is a B150M Gaming 3, and I use Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1, but my processor seems not...
  6. Why is my system memory(RAM) being limited?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is my system memory(RAM) being limited?: Hello, I've checked the memory on my system with CPU-Z and there it only shows 1066.7 mhz, even though I have a kingston hyperx khx2133c14d4/4g, which should have 2133 mhz instead. My MOBO is a B150M Gaming 3, and I use Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1, but my processor seems not...
  7. Windows 10 "unknown" 10gb of space used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 "unknown" 10gb of space used: I've checked all and it says i'm using 86,2gb of used space, however it doesn't adds up when i manually checked out all the files on my C drive (games, misc, windows OS, reserved space,etc) also i've hibernation off, temp files deleted, no restore points off, etc etc etc etc,...
  8. Unreasonable Windows folder size. 10gb of memory dump

in Windows 10 Support
    Unreasonable Windows folder size. 10gb of memory dump: please see the image. [img] it was 10gb of log file... i saved 1 file hostdump_mem_log_100002d5_47138187.log - Google Drive any ideas? windows version: [img] 155956
  9. BCastDVRUserService uses up 10gb of Ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BCastDVRUserService uses up 10gb of Ram: I have this problem whenever I use GameBar (by pressing Win+G), the BCastDVRUserService uses most of the Ram, sometimes upto 10+ Gb. Any help or recommendation would be much appreciated. Thanks submitted by /u/scottybui [link] [comments]...
  10. Why System & Compressed Memory is using 20% cpu ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why System & Compressed Memory is using 20% cpu ?: I noticed the C P U fan spinning @ 5950 rpm and decided to consult the task manager. The System & Compressed Memory is using 20% of the cpu. Why ? Thank you. 59085