Windows 10: Why is my Task Scheduler Password Protected against me?

Discus and support Why is my Task Scheduler Password Protected against me? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Thanks Doug Kendall for responding to my question. You asked for detailed information? I believe I listed it in my question dated 01/27/23, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by V B8, Jan 27, 2023.

1. V B8 Win User

Why is my Task Scheduler Password Protected against me?

Thanks Doug Kendall for responding to my question. You asked for detailed information? I believe I listed it in my question dated 01/27/23, which prompted your response. My concern is that I no longer want Window Updates. I decided that in December, 2022, after Microsoft somehow mixed their One Drive backup into my other Cloud Photos App. Personally, I do not use nor want One Drive. I dislike the way it functions because if I delete a photo here, it is gone from there-- kind of set up. And the other company for the other app could not help me. So I had to do a workaround. I paused Window Upda

:)

2. kwb737 Win User

Task Scheduler Password

In the past with Task scheduler I never had to do that and it worked fine but I did as you suggested and had the same result.

kwb737, Jan 27, 2023
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jan 27, 2023
  4. Agrippa Win User

Using Task Scheduler without a password

I have Win10 64bit Home Edition.

I was following your tutorial for using Task Scheduler to provide automatic scheduling for System Restore. When I reached the final stage it failed. The error message suggested that this was because I was using a blank password.

A bit of googling showed that to use a blank password I needed to amend the Local Security Policy using secpol or gpedit. I cannot access them on my PC - past experience suggests that they are not allowed in Home Edition.

Is there any way for me to use a blank password in Task Scheduler? I am the only person with access to my PC and having to use a password for Windows is simply a piece of unnecessary hassle.

Agrippa, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

1. Why is my Task Scheduler Password Protected against me? - Similar Threads - Why Task Scheduler

2. Task Scheduler asks me for Password & disallows my deleting the task on my OWN computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler asks me for Password & disallows my deleting the task on my OWN computer.: Hello, I have my computer set up as I prefer & here comes an update to unravel it! I see that what I have done to prevent microsoft from changing my computer to their way has been undone again I went to the task scheduler to see if what I set up was undone. Yes, it was, and...
  3. Task Scheduler asks me for Password & disallows my deleting the task on my OWN computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler asks me for Password & disallows my deleting the task on my OWN computer.: Hello, I have my computer set up as I prefer & here comes an update to unravel it! I see that what I have done to prevent microsoft from changing my computer to their way has been undone again I went to the task scheduler to see if what I set up was undone. Yes, it was, and...
  4. Scheduled Software Protection/Task Scheduler/Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scheduled Software Protection/Task Scheduler/Windows11: Hello. I've got a problem with "Scheduled Software Protection". Every hour i getting messages in "Event Viewer" like this: First - "Offline downlevel migration succeeded" and then after 40-60 seconds i've got second - "Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for...
  5. Scheduled Software Protection/Task Scheduler/Windows11

Scheduled Software Protection/Task Scheduler/Windows11: Hello. I've got a problem with "Scheduled Software Protection". Every hour i getting messages in "Event Viewer" like this: First - "Offline downlevel migration succeeded" and then after 40-60 seconds i've got second - "Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for...
  6. Why is my Task Scheduler Password Protected against me?

Why is my Task Scheduler Password Protected against me?: Thanks Doug Kendall for responding to my question. You asked for detailed information? I believe I listed it in my question dated 01/27/23, which prompted your response. My concern is that I no longer want Window Updates. I decided that in December, 2022, after Microsoft...
  7. Task Scheduler Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Password: When I use to use my task scheduler to create a task I never had to enter a password at the end. I just clicked on the blank space and I was good to go. I recently had a problem with my Desktop PC that required me to do a reinstall of windows 10. Now I get an error message...
  8. Is my user password protected, and what does it protect against?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is my user password protected, and what does it protect against?: Hello everyone I can't figure out, if my Windows user is really password protected. I am using Microsoft Windows 10 Home I have only 1 local user / admin If I shutdown PC, and turn on again, I don't have to enter password If I restart PC, I don't have to enter password If...
  9. Task Scheduler wrong password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler wrong password: When I try to make a task run at startup, I selected run whether user is logged in or not. It then asks for a password, but it says its incorrect. I have tried numerous times but it keeps getting this error. [IMG]...
  10. Password to run task scheduler

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password to run task scheduler: I am at an absolute loss on this. HOW do you find out which password is necessary to do this?? I enter no password to access my desktop computer running Windows 10 Pro, I've tried running the task scheduler as an admin, the username it's asking for a password to appears to be...