Windows 10: Why is my taskbar flashing after updating to 2004?

Discus and support Why is my taskbar flashing after updating to 2004? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't see any updates happening or anything. Is this normal? 168043 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rockfan13, Nov 9, 2020.

1. rockfan13 Win User

Why is my taskbar flashing after updating to 2004?

I don't see any updates happening or anything. Is this normal?

:)

rockfan13, Nov 9, 2020

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Why is my taskbar flashing after updating to 2004?

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Why is my taskbar flashing after updating to 2004?

1. Why is my taskbar flashing after updating to 2004? - Similar Threads - Why taskbar flashing

2. taskbar flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    taskbar flashing: My taskbar has been flashing for 2 days. Had tried running sfc/scannow, cleaned up temporary files, checked the driver update, uninstall it but none worked. Tried dism.exe, not working too. I wonder what's the problem :...
  3. Taskbar flashing after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar flashing after boot: My pc lately has been really weird after boot, it shows a black screen and the taskbar starts flashing, and after 5 or 10 minutes everything goes back to normal, I already reinstalled windows keeping files and apps and the problem persists. I saw this pattern happening in the...
  4. Why the update: Adobe Flash Player for windows 10 v. 2004: KB4580325

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why the update: Adobe Flash Player for windows 10 v. 2004: KB4580325: This was automatically installed 12/26/2020. I read in docs.Microsoft.com that Flash Player was to end 12/31/2020. Should the update have been installed on this desktop pc, Windows 10 v. 2004 build 19041.685?...
  5. Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update

Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update: Hello! Over the past few months I've been having a really annoying issue. One day when I logged in to my computer, the Desktop was black and the taskbar was flashing. I was really surprised because the lock screen looked perfectly normal so I thought it was weird. I could...
  6. Flashing after Updating

Flashing after Updating: Hello, for about 3 months now I have had a consistent and unfixable problem. Every time my PC updates, it seems to force a Security Update named KB4586781. After doing so, it does this: https://imgur.com/a/qb5PAqL for roughly 5 minutes or so, and then stops. I don't know what...
  7. Taskbar changes colour after Windows 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar changes colour after Windows 10 2004 update: I have just installed the 2004 update on Windows 10 and my taskbar has changed colour to a horrible metallic grey. I have tried changing the colour in settings>personalisation>colours>accent colour, but as you can see in the attached screenshot the "start, taskbar and action...
  8. Taskbar Is Not Working after updating Windows 10 Version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Is Not Working after updating Windows 10 Version 2004: My taskbar is not working after I update the new windows 10 version 2004. some apps working but search bar and start button and notification icon and WIFI icon also not working when I click those icons. also, I have an update that one also not updated due to some errorSome...
  9. why is my cortana not working after 2004 update?

in Cortana
    why is my cortana not working after 2004 update?: [ATTACH] this is what it shown when i open cortana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-cortana-not-working-after-2004-update/df473834-b329-48eb-ae30-907f3c58b904
  10. Taskbar and Desktop Flashing After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar and Desktop Flashing After Upgrade: I just updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and now my computer starts flashing out of no where. The taskbar and the desktop starts flashing. When this happens I can not do anything. When it stops, I can not use the start button. I do not know what to do. *Sad 10876