Windows 10: why is my taskbar like this? alt tabbing and start menu are also weird now

Discus and support why is my taskbar like this? alt tabbing and start menu are also weird now in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/notchx1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j2mp1i/why_is_my_taskbar_like_this_alt_tabbing_and_start/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/notchx1, Sep 30, 2020.

1. why is my taskbar like this? alt tabbing and start menu are also weird now

/u/notchx1, Sep 30, 2020

2. "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" has no "Start Menu" tab

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would like to inform you that there is no option “start menu” in the taskbar settings. Now it is replaced in settings tab as below.

• In the search box type settings.
    • Click on personalization and click on start option.
    • Then you have the options.
    Also I suggest you to provide us a feedback using the feedback app.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 30, 2020
  3. borisyin Win User
    start menu tab missing from win10 "taskbar and start menu properties"

I am trying to clear the history list in start menu and taskbar automatically recorded in win 10. However, the "start menu" tab is missing from the "taskbar and start menu properties".

There is a link to show how the "start menu" tab looks like.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/windows-10-tip-customize-start-menu

But mine is missing, and also the other three tabs in "taskbar and start menu properties" might not look right. I attached snapshots for them here.
    why is my taskbar like this? alt tabbing and start menu are also weird now a90219cc-33ff-4e80-aa7b-6b58dafc9f27.png

why is my taskbar like this? alt tabbing and start menu are also weird now de10cbf5-3152-4843-90f7-e4f34295e58b.png

why is my taskbar like this? alt tabbing and start menu are also weird now 637fee99-60b8-42ed-a81f-3f336a3e0af6.png

the "navigation" tab in my win 10 also looks different from the one posted on the link.

Start Menu tab missing in Windows 10 Taskbar properties

How I can bring back the "start menu" tab back to "taskbar and start menu properties"?

or is there another way to clear the history of lists the programs, files, folders, and websites that I opened from the start menu and taskbar? Thanks!

borisyin, Sep 30, 2020
  4. why is my taskbar like this? alt tabbing and start menu are also weird now

Start Menu tab is not in "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties"

When I right-click on any blank space on my start menu, nothing comes up. I wanted to fix this so I right-clicked on my taskbar and went to "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties". There is not "Start Menu" tab listed here.

I went online and found no answers for this issue. It seems that you SHOULD be able to right-click on your start menu to configure it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OliviaDavisYQ, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

why is my taskbar like this? alt tabbing and start menu are also weird now

1. why is my taskbar like this? alt tabbing and start menu are also weird now - Similar Threads - why taskbar alt

2. Alt Tab is not working like it used to.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt Tab is not working like it used to.: Occasionally, if I try to press alt + tab, it will not work and it will act like I only pressed tab. I am using Windows 11, version 22H2 Insider Preview 10.0.22598.100, but this has happened for at least 2 months already. After a dozen minutes or so, it will start working...
  3. Alt Tab is not working like it used to.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt Tab is not working like it used to.: Occasionally, if I try to press alt + tab, it will not work and it will act like I only pressed tab. I am using Windows 11, version 22H2 Insider Preview 10.0.22598.100, but this has happened for at least 2 months already. After a dozen minutes or so, it will start working...
  4. Why are my start menu tiles looking like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are my start menu tiles looking like this?: So this is what two of my adobe programs look like in the start menu. https://i.imgur.com/JJM4ukH.png My Google Chrome tile used to be dark grey but I managed to fix that. However, I can't think of a solution for this one. It looks so ugly. Why does this happen in the...
  5. Cortana in alt-tab menu

in Cortana
    Cortana in alt-tab menu: I like using Cortana but when press alt-tab I see Cortana there. I do not want to see Cortana window in the alt-tab menu. How do I do that? -I use Windows 10 Pro 2004 Version...
  6. Alt-Tab being weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt-Tab being weird: Dont know if this is a windows 10 issue and i don't know if anyone else has this issue but if there is a fix please let me know thanks. Why does it do this submitted by /u/LikeForKills [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gy4lgs/alttab_being_weird/
  7. Weird alt tab issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird alt tab issue?: I run a 4k monitor and then two side 1440p monitors. So i have my games set to borderless windowed mode so i can easily switch to the other monitors in the middle of gaming. Before i did this clean install of anniversary update if i had a game open and hit alt tab the taskbar...
  8. Alt-Tab out of games my Start menu stops working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab out of games my Start menu stops working?: Hello when ever I Alt-tab out of a full screen game my start menu stops working? Anyone else have this? 26309
  9. Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing: Right click empty part of taskbar, go to "properties". I have 3 tabs. Taskbar, navigation, and toolbars. According to several sites I have read, I should also have a "start menu" tab with a "customization" button to change some things on the left side of the start menu, and...
  10. "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" have no "Start Menu" tab anymore??

in Windows 10 Support
    "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" have no "Start Menu" tab anymore??: Here's a screenshot of "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" dialog from a fresh clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 [img] As you can see, despite its name, it does not have a tab for "Start Menu". I remember that Preview versions of Windows 10 had a "Start Menu" tab. Did...