Windows 10: Why is my taskbar so big?

Discus and support Why is my taskbar so big? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the small taskbar buttons options on, and the automatically hid in desktop mode. It used to be only as tall as the small buttons, but it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cranfoe, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Cranfoe Win User

Why is my taskbar so big?

I have the small taskbar buttons options on, and the automatically hid in desktop mode. It used to be only as tall as the small buttons, but it has randomly gotten much taller the last few times I've logged on. It's now over 2 inches tall and the still small icons are just hanging there at the top of the taskbar with tons of space beneath them. Why does this happen randomly, and how can I fix it?Why is my taskbar so big? [​IMG]

:)

Cranfoe, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 11, 2019
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Why is my taskbar so big?

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Why is my taskbar so big?

1. Why is my taskbar so big? - Similar Threads - Why taskbar big

2. Why is my Windows 10 paging file so big?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Windows 10 paging file so big?: Right now, I'm running on my PC Windows 10 Pro 19045 with all the updates installed. I verify through the photo I send attached that currently the size of the paging file that is being managed automatically by the system is about 8Gb. Considering that I am using a SATA SSD...
  3. Why is my Windows 10 paging file so big?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Windows 10 paging file so big?: Right now, I'm running on my PC Windows 10 Pro 19045 with all the updates installed. I verify through the photo I send attached that currently the size of the paging file that is being managed automatically by the system is about 8Gb. Considering that I am using a SATA SSD...
  4. Why is my Windows 10 paging file so big?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is my text so big?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my text so big?: Why is my text so big when i move things between folders im not sure whats going on or if its a glitch but its really annoying all the other text is normal but when i move things in folders its really huge...
  6. Why are updates so big and not stoppable?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why are updates so big and not stoppable?: Why even when I attempt to set limits and stuff I have to deal with microsoft downloading updates in the middle of doing something?+ It uses 100% of my internet so I can't do anything if I don't notice it Is there a way to FULLY disable updates and only update when I want it...
  7. Why is my taskbar so big on one monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my taskbar so big on one monitor?: [IMG] I have 2 extra monitors for my laptop setup at home. Today, my main (not the laptop) monitor's taskbar doubled in size, and increased the size of the app icons, but not the icons on the right. I have checked the taskbar settings and the use smaller taskbar buttons...
  8. Why is the text so damn big?

Why is the text so damn big?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ImDeadInside27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hmb9ro/why_is_the_text_so_damn_big/
  9. Why my language icon on taskbar so different?

Why my language icon on taskbar so different?: [IMG] This is what i see on others other's taskbar this is what mine looked mine what i did wrong? running Windows 10 May 2020 update. submitted by /u/d4v1dv00 [link] [comments]...
  10. Why Is Ditto Clipboard Manager So Big?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Is Ditto Clipboard Manager So Big?: Hi all, just a quick question, I have been using the Ditto Clipboard Manager program for a while now. I was noticing under the uninstall apps section that the size of Ditto is 440mb. Is that correct? For a clipboard app? Could someone that is using Ditto please check and see...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my taskbar huge

2. why are my taskbar buttons so large

3. why is my task bar and text big

4. taskbar is so big,
  5. why is my windows taskbar big,
  6. why is my task bar huge,
  7. why did my taskbar get so big?,
  8. why is my task bar so zoomed in,
  9. why are my task bar icon so big,
  10. why my taskbar large,
  11. why is windows 10 taskbar so large,