Windows 10: Why is my taskbar so big?

Discus and support Why is my taskbar so big? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the small taskbar buttons options on, and the automatically hid in desktop mode. It used to be only as tall as the small buttons, but it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cranfoe, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Cranfoe Win User

Why is my taskbar so big?

I have the small taskbar buttons options on, and the automatically hid in desktop mode. It used to be only as tall as the small buttons, but it has randomly gotten much taller the last few times I've logged on. It's now over 2 inches tall and the still small icons are just hanging there at the top of the taskbar with tons of space beneath them. Why does this happen randomly, and how can I fix it?Why is my taskbar so big? [​IMG]

:)

Cranfoe, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 11, 2019
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Why is my taskbar so big?

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Why is my taskbar so big?

1. Why is my taskbar so big? - Similar Threads - Why taskbar big

2. why is my computer so slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    why is my computer so slow: why is my pc so slow ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-so-slow/550d97c9-58c2-4897-9b8e-1786b6877917
  3. Why is the output of my router so slow?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is the output of my router so slow?: Directly off the modem, I get over 200 Gbps. Attach the modem to the router and, only five feet away, I only get about 15 Mbps. So frustrating. The efficiency is so low!!! Can someone please give me some ideas on how to get the speed I'm paying for? Thank you........... 129051
  4. why is my camera so dark?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is my camera so dark?: my pics are dark and I cant seem to make them brighter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-camera-so-dark/084235b1-0ede-48e3-a129-9993f2675b59
  5. Why is the Pandora Icon so small on my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is the Pandora Icon so small on my taskbar?: [ATTACH] I tried looking up about it, but the closest thing I found was when all the icons were small, but only Pandora is small on my computer. I tried restarting my computer, restarting Pandora, asking google, and removing alternate desktops. It still stays the same, so I...
  6. Why is my computer so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my computer so slow?: My computer has a fast startup, but once I sign in, I can't for the life of me use anything for a solid couple of minutes. I click to open chrome, it opens 30 seconds later and freezes for another 30 seconds when I type something. Basically, any app I open after startup takes...
  7. Why would my Mobo be so hot??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why would my Mobo be so hot??: Hey, Check it out. All my other internal components are fine. I've never had this happen before. [img] 95985
  8. why so slow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why so slow?: i have a brand new computer with windows 10 installed and it took over 12 hours to download a 100MB file, plus it cannot stream. Its like I'm on a dial up connection, except at adsl2 prices. Its incredibly frustrating and clearly the reason why apple always comes out on top....
  9. Big gap on taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Big gap on taskbar icons: Hello. After installing a software (Splashtop), the gap between the icons on taskbar became big. If I uninstall the software, everything goes back to normal. Is there a way to customize the gap/space between the icons? Here is a picture of what I'm talking about....
  10. Taskbar too big 10061

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar too big 10061: My laptop just updated to 10061 and my task bar is taller than before. How can I get it back to normal size like previous versions. I have tried everything I can. thanks 5588