Windows 10: Why is my third monitor greyed out and not working?

Discus and support Why is my third monitor greyed out and not working? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop HP Zenbook Studio G5. Via 2 Satechi adapters USB-C I have 2 DELL monitors connected. Both monitors work completely fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RyanBrown96, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Why is my third monitor greyed out and not working?

Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop HP Zenbook Studio G5. Via 2 Satechi adapters USB-C I have 2 DELL monitors connected. Both monitors work completely fine. However, when I connect both, only 1 of them will work. If I disconnect the working one, the other one then starts to work. I just cant seem to get both working at the same time. When all are connected, the display settings recognises my 3rd screen, but its greyed out see below. Please help me fix this! CheersRyan

:)

RyanBrown96, Sep 12, 2021
  2. erocker Win User

2560x1440 IPS 27" LED Monitor on the Cheap!

With IPS panels they always seem to list ms in Black to white (or black to black) TN panels they use grey to grey. This particular monitor lists it as 6ms. That would be 2ms grey to grey. *Smile Why is my third monitor greyed out and not working? :) I'm currently using a 5ms g to g monitor.

erocker, Sep 12, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Apps getting moved to Secondary monitor after PC wakes up from sleep mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the feature doesn’t work as it is supposed to. We will look into this. Please reply to the following questions:

• Are you facing the similar issue when making the laptop monitor as the Primary monitor?
    • What is model number of your laptop?

In the meantime, I suggest you to try updating the display drivers and check if that helps. Please follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    to update the graphics driver.

Also, I suggest you to try removing the hidden monitor drivers and check if that makes a difference. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Monitors and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 12, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Why is my third monitor greyed out and not working?

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 12, 2021
Thema:

Why is my third monitor greyed out and not working?

1. Why is my third monitor greyed out and not working? - Similar Threads - Why third monitor

2. Why are my audio input settings greyed out and microphone not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my audio input settings greyed out and microphone not working?: Can someone help me figure out why my audio input settings are greyed out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-audio-input-settings-greyed-out-and/902fbc6d-154a-4601-99e5-782ef056f3c0
  3. Third monitor detected, but not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third monitor detected, but not working.: I have a 1360x768 Samsung TV as my main monitor/display connected with HDMi, 1a side one that is a regular 1680x1050 monitor connected with DVI, 2and i want to connect an 1366x768 small monitor with VGA 3I have a GPU that has all those inputs.I tested all monitors, they all...
  4. Third monitor detected, but not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Third monitor detected, but not working.: I have a 1360x768 Samsung TV as my main monitor/display connected with HDMi, 1a side one that is a regular 1680x1050 monitor connected with DVI, 2and i want to connect an 1366x768 small monitor with VGA 3I have a GPU that has all those inputs.I tested all monitors, they all...
  5. Third monitor detected, but not working.

6. why are notifications greyed out

why are notifications greyed out: Numerous apps Mail, Media Player, Devices, PowerPoint, etc. are grayed out in Notifications and I cannot turn them on or off. Why?I ran sfc /SCANNOW, restarted my PC and nothing changed, although there where a number of files that were fixed....
  7. why are notifications greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are notifications greyed out: Numerous apps Mail, Media Player, Devices, PowerPoint, etc. are grayed out in Notifications and I cannot turn them on or off. Why?I ran sfc /SCANNOW, restarted my PC and nothing changed, although there where a number of files that were fixed....
  8. Why is it greyed out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is it greyed out?: And I can't even see the icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-greyed-out/d6e4699e-f0f8-4196-94d7-bad8bb8d2459
  9. 2nd monitor is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd monitor is greyed out: Hello, I recently got a new 2nd monitor. Windows detects the monitor, as I can move my mouse to it, but nothing will display on the monitor, just a grey screen. I've tried a HDMI, DP cable, everything. I tried to use another monitor with my video card and the monitor worked...
  10. Third monitor not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Third monitor not working: I put together msi H110m gaming with geforce gtx 1050ti... I can't get third monitor to work.... works fine when system is booting then shuts off and when you go into settings and try to detect you get nothing...everything is fresh install and the current drivers are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display 2 grayed out

2. my second monitor is grayed out