Windows 10: Why is my TouchPad and keyboard not working on my Windows 10

Discus and support Why is my TouchPad and keyboard not working on my Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason when I came to school which im in now my mouse was not showing up. Then I did a bit of research and clicked with my touchscreen feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KunalSinghDirector, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Why is my TouchPad and keyboard not working on my Windows 10

For some reason when I came to school which im in now my mouse was not showing up. Then I did a bit of research and clicked with my touchscreen feature to find out thats it was my TouchPad. I asked my teacher if I could restart my computer and he said Sure. Then I did and to my surprise the keyboard stopped working. Only the brightness keys worked. And now I have to use my on screen keyboard. It is very hard to be doing my school work. Since Corona is taking place im using my pc. Not school computer. Also im using the district guest network. Right when I came to school this started hap

:)

KunalSinghDirector, Apr 29, 2021
  2. Ticked Win User

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Problem trackpad and keyboard sometimes don't work at startup.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad and Keyboard drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad and Keyboard drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.

• Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.

• Select the option to Delete driver software.

• Follow the same steps to uninstall keyboard driver.

• Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and keyboard drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 29, 2021
  4. Why is my TouchPad and keyboard not working on my Windows 10

Windows 10 keyboard and touchpad disabled not working

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand how frustrating it could be when things go unusual.

I will certainly help you.

Kindly, follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

a. Press “Windows key +
    W
    ”.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” and hit
    Enter.

c. Select “Hardware and Sound” from the
    Troubleshooter Window.

d. Select “Hardware and Devices” under
    Devices option.

e. Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Uninstall and re-install the drivers.

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the Touchpad drivers and then install them.

Follow these steps to uninstall the touchpad drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager

• Search for Human Interface Device and expand it.

• Right click on the driver and select Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall the keyboard drivers, go to the manufacturer’s website to download the input drivers for your laptop and then install them.

Follow these steps to uninstall the drivers:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Keyboards and
      expand it.

• Right click on the keyboard drivers and select Uninstall.

Also refer: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Why is my TouchPad and keyboard not working on my Windows 10

1. Why is my TouchPad and keyboard not working on my Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Why TouchPad keyboard

2. WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?: My hp laptop touchpad was glitching at first about 2 days ago , today it worked and was still glitching then it just stopped working and the mouse pointer is not showing on the screen anymore . The “Touchpad” in the Settings> Devices isn’t there anymore and “Mice and other...
  3. WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?: My hp laptop touchpad was glitching at first about 2 days ago , today it worked and was still glitching then it just stopped working and the mouse pointer is not showing on the screen anymore . The “Touchpad” in the Settings> Devices isn’t there anymore and “Mice and other...
  4. WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My keyboard and touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard and touchpad stopped working: I have a Lenovo g570 from 2012 I had to hit someone with it the other day the keyboard still works in the bios but no in windows and recommendations...
  6. My keyboard and touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard and touchpad stopped working: I have a Lenovo g570 from 2012 I had to hit someone with it the other day the keyboard still works in the bios but no in windows and recommendations...
  7. My keyboard and touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Why wont my touchpad work on Windows 10

Why wont my touchpad work on Windows 10: My touchpad isn't working and it isn't showing up on device manager, how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-touchpad-work-on-windows-10/2fa9851f-498b-4031-a7dc-0836b7d26241
  9. why is my keyboard and touchpad is not working

why is my keyboard and touchpad is not working: so i was just watching yt videos when my mouse was stuck in one place even tho i wad moving it so it worked perfectly fine after a min and i went to eat dinner and my laptop shut down and when i turned it on again my keyboard and touchpad wasn't working please help me i need...
  10. why is my touchpad not working?

why is my touchpad not working?: everytime I use my touchpad it does not respond but when I use a mouse it does how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-touchpad-not-working/629f98c7-f6b0-4747-a52c-bbdc12bed978