Windows 10: why is my touchpad not working?

Discus and support why is my touchpad not working? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; everytime I use my touchpad it does not respond but when I use a mouse it does how can I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jorge_531, May 2, 2020.

1. jorge_531 Win User

why is my touchpad not working?

everytime I use my touchpad it does not respond but when I use a mouse it does how can I fix this?

:)

jorge_531, May 2, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, May 2, 2020
  3. Touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 2, 2020
  4. why is my touchpad not working?

Touchpad gestures NOT working

Hi Abuzar,

Your touchpad drivers might be outdated or corrupted. I would suggest that you update the touchpad driver. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and X together and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the touchpad driver.
    • Right-click on the touchpad driver icon and click Update Driver software.
    • Click on Search automatically for Updated driver software option.

If the driver for Windows 10 is not available, download and reinstall the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website.

Keep us updated.

Aileen Alf, May 2, 2020
Thema:

why is my touchpad not working?

1. why is my touchpad not working? - Similar Threads - why touchpad working

2. My touchpad is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touchpad is not working: I was turning on my laptop yesterday and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I have tried various methods, which include updating and reinstalling driver and checking if my touchpad is turned off, and I currently don't know what to do to restore my touchpad's...
  3. My touchpad will not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad will not work: I have an on Acer 3 Spin 14. Just bought it a couple months ago. Windows 11. My touchpad does not work. I have performed all the steps in the help --- updated drivers, uninstalled drivers, tried various function keys. Made sure I have all updates. Restarted multiple times....
  4. My touchpad not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad not working.: Hi,I bought a laptop two months ago. Yesterday when I was watching a video on YouTube, the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted my laptop and I got an endless loading issue. I updated the bios via flash drive and the laptop started up. However, the touchpad does not...
  5. WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?: My hp laptop touchpad was glitching at first about 2 days ago , today it worked and was still glitching then it just stopped working and the mouse pointer is not showing on the screen anymore . The “Touchpad” in the Settings> Devices isn’t there anymore and “Mice and other...
  6. WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?: My hp laptop touchpad was glitching at first about 2 days ago , today it worked and was still glitching then it just stopped working and the mouse pointer is not showing on the screen anymore . The “Touchpad” in the Settings> Devices isn’t there anymore and “Mice and other...
  7. WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Why is my TouchPad and keyboard not working on my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my TouchPad and keyboard not working on my Windows 10: For some reason when I came to school which im in now my mouse was not showing up. Then I did a bit of research and clicked with my touchscreen feature to find out thats it was my TouchPad. I asked my teacher if I could restart my computer and he said Sure. Then I did and to...
  9. Why wont my touchpad work on Windows 10

Why wont my touchpad work on Windows 10: My touchpad isn't working and it isn't showing up on device manager, how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-touchpad-work-on-windows-10/2fa9851f-498b-4031-a7dc-0836b7d26241
  10. why is my keyboard and touchpad is not working

why is my keyboard and touchpad is not working: so i was just watching yt videos when my mouse was stuck in one place even tho i wad moving it so it worked perfectly fine after a min and i went to eat dinner and my laptop shut down and when i turned it on again my keyboard and touchpad wasn't working please help me i need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my touchpad not working windows 10