Windows 10: Why is my touchpad on my laptop not clicking

Discus and support Why is my touchpad on my laptop not clicking in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I just activated windows today and I was able to enable my elan touchpad in the mouse settings. After enabling it I noticed that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jswin21, Aug 4, 2015.

1. jswin21 Win User

Why is my touchpad on my laptop not clicking

Hello Everyone,

I just activated windows today and I was able to enable my elan touchpad in the mouse settings. After enabling it I noticed that my touchpad will only respond if I click in one area only. I do not know whats wrong with my touch pad. I can move my mouse but it will only click in one area. Please help me!!

:)

jswin21, Aug 4, 2015

2. Touchpad is not clicking on my Samsung

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that Touchpad is not working after upgrading to Windows10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will be happy to assist you.

Please follow the below steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: Run the System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files -The sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files
    and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

Please refer the below article:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Method 2:
    Run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices
      option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.
    Method 3: Un-install and re-install touchpad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1:
    Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + W” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the mousepad drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2: Download the latest touchpad drivers for “Windows 10” from manufacturer’s website and check if that helps.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Jccodato Win User
    Touchpad is not clicking on my Samsung

Hi everyone,

I just updated my Samsung notebook to windows 10 and suddenly my touchpad stopped working.

I followed instructions from previous posts and now the arrow moves, but it still doesn't click on anything, neither the left or right button.

Is there anything that I could do to solve this problem?

Thank you!

Jccodato, Aug 4, 2015
  4. jswin21 Win User

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I am really worried about my touch pad. I also noticed that its works perfectly for a little bit but whenever I click on Microsoft edge then the touch pad only lets me click in one area

jswin21, Aug 4, 2015
  5. check for my response under elan touchpad drivers. There is a step by step procedure to fix your problem. You have to roll back the mouse driver and to keep the original driver you have to disable Microsoft updates from updating to the new driver again. Read my response and I think it will solve your problem.

jamesrockford01, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why is my touchpad on my laptop not clicking - Similar Threads - Why touchpad laptop

2. why is my laptop spam clicking right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my laptop spam clicking right click: my laptop is spam clicking right click, even if i unplug my mouse, it still spam clicks. my laptop isn't untidy. if i try to left click, it works but the spam clicking for right click stops me from clicking....
  3. why is my laptop spam clicking right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my laptop spam clicking right click: my laptop is spam clicking right click, even if i unplug my mouse, it still spam clicks. my laptop isn't untidy. if i try to left click, it works but the spam clicking for right click stops me from clicking....
  4. My touchpad will click but it will not move, why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad will click but it will not move, why?: I have turned it back and back on. I have uninstalled it in the device manager and then it is reinstalled once I restart my laptop. My physical mouse still works. All of the device drivers are up to date. I don't know what to do....
  5. My touchpad will click but it will not move, why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touchpad will click but it will not move, why?: I have turned it back and back on. I have uninstalled it in the device manager and then it is reinstalled once I restart my laptop. My physical mouse still works. All of the device drivers are up to date. I don't know what to do....
  6. My Laptop's Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Laptop's Touchpad: Hello, can anyone help me because i have an issue with my laptop's in-built touchpad, The brand is Toshiba, updated from windows 7 to 10. It suddenly stopped working after it went into timeout. i have also tried the Fn+F5, F6, F12 and so....
  7. why is my touchpad not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why is my touchpad not working?: everytime I use my touchpad it does not respond but when I use a mouse it does how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-touchpad-not-working/629f98c7-f6b0-4747-a52c-bbdc12bed978
  8. not able to click on Laptop Touchpad.

in Windows 10 Customization
    not able to click on Laptop Touchpad.: Hi, I do not know much about the Hardware and software and based on a help video I reset my Laptop. Now the Notification panel is popping up every now and the touchpad clicks are not working...
  9. No settings for my touchpad on my laptop

No settings for my touchpad on my laptop: Hello, I want to disable palmcheck for my touchpad on my HP notebook but can't find any settings. I have latest drivers etc. This is what my mouse properties look like, there is no settings button. [ATTACH] Thanks for help! /Tobias Lenander...
  10. I can't click on my TouchPad in my Laptop.

I can't click on my TouchPad in my Laptop.: I can use all over the place and when I go into games like ROBLOX it won't let me click. I just touched the TouchPad settings to disable PalmCheck but now it wont let me click. Can one of you guys please help me? Thank you very much! 87026