Windows 10: Why is my "When I close the lid:" options greyed out ?

Discus and support Why is my "When I close the lid:" options greyed out ? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Whenever I want to turn "Do Nothing" for both On Battery and Plugged In for "When I close the lid:" it appeared greyed out and nothing seems to happen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Henree_5, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Henree_5 Win User

Why is my "When I close the lid:" options greyed out ?

Whenever I want to turn "Do Nothing" for both On Battery and Plugged In for "When I close the lid:" it appeared greyed out and nothing seems to happen. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

Henree_5, Sep 12, 2021

2. Lid Close Options

My Windows 10 is fully updated but the last update no longer shows a category for "lid closed" options. Have these moved? I want the computer to do nothing when plugged in and the lid is closed.

CharlesGaynor, Sep 12, 2021
  3. Lid Close Options

What happens if you do the following?

Press Windows key + X

Click Power Options

Under Related settings, click Additional power settings

Under Control Panel Home, click 'Choose what closing the lid does'

Click Choose settings that are currently unavailable

Click in the list box for when you are 'Plugged in' then choose 'Do nothing'

Click Save changes.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 12, 2021
  4. KomouPoji Win User

"Only show 2" defaults to "Duplicate these displays" upon closing and reopening laptop lid

Hi,

I would suggest to try the following steps and check if it helps

• Press the Win Key + X to display the
      system menu.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Power Options.

• On theleft side menu, select the Choose what closing the lid does option.

• Look in the Power and sleep buttons and lid settings section.

• Use the drop down menus in the
      When I close the lid section and select Do Nothing for both options.

I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Sep 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Why is my "When I close the lid:" options greyed out ? - Similar Threads - Why close lid

2. Why does my laptop shutdown when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop shutdown when the lid is closed?: Title. Also, I'm not sure if it hibernates or anything but after I close the lid for a certain amount of time the computer shutdowns maybe? and I have to start it again with Win11 logo displaying. My PC starts off a bit slow when doing this and becomes normal againMy power...
  3. Why does my laptop shutdown when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop shutdown when the lid is closed?: Title. Also, I'm not sure if it hibernates or anything but after I close the lid for a certain amount of time the computer shutdowns maybe? and I have to start it again with Win11 logo displaying. My PC starts off a bit slow when doing this and becomes normal againMy power...
  4. Shutdown when I close the lid.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown when I close the lid.: I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop and one day I changed the 'sleep time when plugged in' to 5 hours and now I can't sleep my laptop when closing the lid. I've reset power settings and disabled the Intel Management Engine, and almost did everything in the internet. How...
  5. When lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    When lid closed: Hey Microsoft Community! I want to "Do nothing" when my laptop lid is closed. I was able to set this in Control Panel. I don't want to drain my battery, though, so I want it to hibernate about 5 minutes after there is not activity. Thank you!...
  6. Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid

Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid: What is causing programs to shut down completely when I close the lid? I have to re-launch, sign in, and usually recover docs that were open at the time of closure, etc. even if all I've done is go from one room to the next. I've checked the power & sleep settings ... this...
  7. Why does my laptop shutdown when I close the lid?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my laptop shutdown when I close the lid?: Why does my laptop always shutdown when I close the lid? I always have to restart my work and it is super annoying.[ATTACH] These are my settings....
  8. When I close my lid it closes Chrome

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I close my lid it closes Chrome: Any time I close the lid for my laptop it closes Chrome when it wakes from sleep. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-close-my-lid-it-closes-chrome/28be4e56-233b-444d-8c72-9d33d9a0a9da
  9. Why is option "forward as email" greyed out?

Why is option "forward as email" greyed out?: I use Mail app and my email client is Outlook. When I go to Windows Fax and Scan, the Scan option is greyed so I cannot just save an item as a file and then attach it to the email. Do I need any updates?...
  10. All apps close when I close laptop lid - why?

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps close when I close laptop lid - why?: The Low battery action is set to Hibernate, and Battery notification is On for both battery and plugged in modes. Mike