Windows 10: Why is my wifi network the only one not showing up on the network list?

Discus and support Why is my wifi network the only one not showing up on the network list? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I just recently got this hp laptop from my step-dad. When I try to connect to my wifi it doesn't show up but I see all my neighbors wifi. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MyAsia C., May 16, 2023.

1. MyAsia C. Win User

Why is my wifi network the only one not showing up on the network list?

Hi! I just recently got this hp laptop from my step-dad. When I try to connect to my wifi it doesn't show up but I see all my neighbors wifi. I tried many solutions but nothing worked! Please help me.

:)

MyAsia C., May 16, 2023
  2. Blisk Win User

List availible wifi networks with powershell

I always use elevated cmd and I tested it again it is the same on other computer.
    Point is if you are not connected to wifi you get all listed if you are connected to one wifi you get only tht one.
    But you must not click icon on taskbar for wifis for a minute. All networks are availible all the time
    Also I have no restrictions.

C:\>netsh wlan show filters

Allow list on the system (group policy)
    ---------------------------------------
    <None>

Allow list on the system (user)
    -------------------------------
    <None>

Block list on the system (group policy)
    ---------------------------------------
    <None>

Block list on the system (user)
    -------------------------------
    <None>

- - - Updated - - -

when I use this line tha yes I get all wifis

Blisk, May 16, 2023
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, May 16, 2023
  4. Try3 Win User

List availible wifi networks with powershell

So you are seeing all networks when using the command.
    Is it possible that the other networks have become unavailable during that 30 seconds? Have you checked the list shown in the Taskbar popup at the same time as using the command?

You can check both at the same time using this combined command
    Code:
    Why is my wifi network the only one not showing up on the network list? 870d1646981940t-list-availible-wifi-networks-powershell-netsh-wlan-show-networks-taskbar-list-v2.png

Denis

Thema:

1. Why is my wifi network the only one not showing up on the network list? - Similar Threads - Why wifi network

2. Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.: So I recently did a factory reset on my MSI windows 10 laptop and when it asks to connect to a network it it shows every available network besides my home network. I have searched the internet and have tried multiple possible solutions, but none work. Also I have a few...
  3. Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.: So I recently did a factory reset on my MSI windows 10 laptop and when it asks to connect to a network it it shows every available network besides my home network. I have searched the internet and have tried multiple possible solutions, but none work. Also I have a few...
  4. Only MY WiFi network won't show on the list of available networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why is my wifi network the only one not showing up on the network list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my wifi network the only one not showing up on the network list?: Hi! I just recently got this hp laptop from my step-dad. When I try to connect to my wifi it doesn't show up but I see all my neighbors wifi. I tried many solutions but nothing worked! Please help me....
  6. Why is my wifi network the only one not showing up on the network list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my wifi network the only one not showing up on the network list?: Hi! I just recently got this hp laptop from my step-dad. When I try to connect to my wifi it doesn't show up but I see all my neighbors wifi. I tried many solutions but nothing worked! Please help me....
  7. 5G wifi wont show up on list of networks

5G wifi wont show up on list of networks: My PC is not recognizing my home wifi network's 5G Spectrum. Yes, my PC is 5G compatible but my PC is not picking up the 5G network. Looked at the network adaptors and tried to find the 802.11n mode to see if it was disabled, but there was no option there with that label....
  8. WiFi not showing up on available network list...

WiFi not showing up on available network list...: I have done the appropriate troubleshooting and updated my computer, Dell, Windows 10, rebooted everything... Consistently, I am not getting my router to show up on available networks. I have a dozen or so other devices and computer on wifi now and my computer works on all...
  9. Wifi network not showing up in list of available networks

Wifi network not showing up in list of available networks: One of my family members recently gave me a factory-reset Toshiba laptop. When I try to connect it to my house's wifi network, the network does not show up in the list of available networks. Any idea what's causing this, or how to fix it?...
  10. Wifi Network Not Showing in List

Wifi Network Not Showing in List: Hello, We had a power outage yesterday that reset our router to factory default settings. We fixed the router and not is is using the name/pw we want but while I see the router/network on my laptop (chromebook) and can connect to it just fine, I can't see the...