Windows 10: Why is my wifi speed crap on windows?

Discus and support Why is my wifi speed crap on windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The adapter is 450mb for 2.4ghz, it defaults to 72.2mbps sometimes it gets to 450 but rarely. Why is everything in Windows so crappy? My freaking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/goddamn_windows, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Why is my wifi speed crap on windows?

The adapter is 450mb for 2.4ghz, it defaults to 72.2mbps sometimes it gets to 450 but rarely. Why is everything in Windows so crappy? My freaking iphone reaches speeds of over 400mb on wifi. How can a god damn phone work better at basic tasks than a Windows Computer.

submitted by /u/goddamn_windows
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/goddamn_windows, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 14, 2020
  3. New router and crap WIFI speeds

set your routers wifi channel to 1,2,6,9, and see if there is a change, possibly those built in wifi adapters are worthless junk(value add crap) and who is your Internet Provider (ATT ADSL-ATM or IPDSLAM, VDSL(Uverse)) or Verizon (ADSL) or Comcast?

eidairaman1, Feb 14, 2020
  4. NamCK Win User

Why is my wifi speed crap on windows?

Abysmal wifi speed on Windows 10

I've checked that drivers are up to date. I have 2 different wifi cards and 1 usb wifi adapter. I tried just about everything. Reception on other devices is fine, including a device located in the same spot as computer. It's strictly the computer after updating
    to Windows 10. My wifi speed starts fine but will quickly go down to about 0.1 to 2 mbps (instead of 15+) Nothing seems to fix this, other than a Network reset, after which speed is fine again but quickly degrades.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, v1709 Build 16299.371

Summary:

• No program is hogging the connection
    • Speed degrades on multiple wifi adapter simultaneously
    • Can only be fixed by a Network reset
    • Steadily degrades over time after a reset
    • No wifi problems on other devices, even in same location
    • Drivers up to date
    • Speed degrades to 0.1-2 mbps with short, temporary bursts to full speed

NamCK, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Why is my wifi speed crap on windows?

1. Why is my wifi speed crap on windows? - Similar Threads - Why wifi speed

2. why are my Wifi speeds tanking on my pc and not on anything else

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why are my Wifi speeds tanking on my pc and not on anything else: I've been having this issue where on my computer my Wifi is being clocked at 900kb/s where as my tablet next to my pc is clocking 400 mb/s and my Xbox in the same room as my pc is clocking the same 250 to 400 mb/s. I've tried the links recommended on other forums and none of...
  3. why are my Wifi speeds tanking on my pc and not on anything else

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why are my Wifi speeds tanking on my pc and not on anything else: I've been having this issue where on my computer my Wifi is being clocked at 900kb/s where as my tablet next to my pc is clocking 400 mb/s and my Xbox in the same room as my pc is clocking the same 250 to 400 mb/s. I've tried the links recommended on other forums and none of...
  4. why are my Wifi speeds tanking on my pc and not on anything else

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. why does the font in my laptop look crap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why does the font in my laptop look crap: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SonofAsainarchy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wtyer0/why_does_the_font_in_my_laptop_look_crap/
  6. WiFi speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi speed: I recently bought a PC and am having alot of troubles with it. First i want to fix my WiFi speed, in my phone it is easily reaching 60mbps but on my PC it is only reaching 300kbps which is very concerning. I had an engineer come out and look at my WiFi which fixed connection...
  7. Crap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crap: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/user_1312_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5xmd2/crap/
  8. Windows Limiting my Wifi Speed

Windows Limiting my Wifi Speed: Hello. On all other devices in my house, I am getting 200mbps, but with my computer, I can only get anywhere from 15 - 30 and I'm wondering why this is / how to fix it. Appreciate all the help. Edit: My TP-link is saying I should be getting 234mbps, but when I run a speed...
  9. WiFi speed

WiFi speed: I have two Dell laptop computers in the same room running Windows 10. One has WiFi at 50/50 Mbps the other at 25/25 Mbps. Both used to be 50/50 Mbps. Inspiron 3650 fast and Inspiron 5749 slow A hard-wired desktop computer, also Windows 10 sees 60/60 Mbps. I don't run...
  10. why is windows 10 so crap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is windows 10 so crap: I am absolutely fed up with having to correct all the problems caused by windows 10 "updates". programmes that wont run, constantly dropping my wifi connection which I can only rectify by rebooting the router (which goes down really well with other 3 users who ae fortunate...