Windows 10: Why is my wifi speed so bad on my laptop compared to my phone and ipad?

Discus and support Why is my wifi speed so bad on my laptop compared to my phone and ipad? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So my wifi on my laptop runs around 10mbp/s but the exact same wifi on my ipad and phone is around 700mbp/s so I was just wondering if anyone can help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Qasim Ali3, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Why is my wifi speed so bad on my laptop compared to my phone and ipad?

So my wifi on my laptop runs around 10mbp/s but the exact same wifi on my ipad and phone is around 700mbp/s so I was just wondering if anyone can help me with whats causing this issue. Previously I was with Virgin Media and my wifi would run perfectly fine but since I've joined a new wifi company Hey Broadband, the wifi on my laptop seems to have massively deteriorated.For reference I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5505 and it has the 5GHz and 2.4Ghz bandwidth.Just wanted to say I've called the Wifi company and they'cve trouble shooted with me and they're sure that the problem is on my end because

:)

Qasim Ali3, Jun 20, 2024
  2. abilango Win User

wifi speed on laptop

I get very slow speed on wifi in my laptop occassionaly in decimals whereas my phone & ipad show good speed why can some one help

abilango, Jun 20, 2024
  3. Wifi speed very less on Windows 10 Laptop compared to other devices

Hi All,

This is very frustrating to see the speed when you need to browse any website. I tried most of the solutions given on web but nothing really worked.

The speed difference on Laptop vs Mobile connected to the same wifi

Laptop

[table][tr]DeviceDownload speedUpload speed[/tr][tr][td]Mobile[/td][td]40.6[/td][td]10.4[/td][/tr][tr][td]Laptop[/td][td]2.46[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][/table]

1. Laptop is already rebooted multiple times and Windows is upto date.
    2. Deleted cache/Temp files(just in case if it helps)

Please suggest any solution.

GauravBisht4, Jun 20, 2024
  4. xendistar Win User

Why is my wifi speed so bad on my laptop compared to my phone and ipad?

Wifi speed on Lenovo laptop

I have a Lenovo laptop with a Broadcom wifi adapter, the upload and download speed has fallen through the floor along with network drops outs.

The laptop is running Windows 10 1909, the laptop is currently running Microsoft wifi adapter drivers, I have downloaded drivers direct from Broadcom but the performance was even worse using the Broadcom drivers. I have checked with the Lenovo web site and according to the driver support I have upto date drivers.

I have checked wifi performance using speedtest.net on my phone sat next to my laptop and I am getting the expected broadband speed. My son has also tested the wifi speed on his PC upstairs and it is only slightly less than expected broadband speed ( to be expected based on distance from the router etc.). My broadband speed is 100+Mbps on average, the laptop is giving just 10Mbps.

Can anybody make any suggestions on what I can do to get the laptops wifi performance back to wear it should be please.

xendistar, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

Why is my wifi speed so bad on my laptop compared to my phone and ipad?

1. Why is my wifi speed so bad on my laptop compared to my phone and ipad? - Similar Threads - Why wifi speed

2. How come my download speed is so bad on my pc compared to my Xbox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How come my download speed is so bad on my pc compared to my Xbox?: Whenever I download something on my PC i get at most 6 mb/s whereas my internet speed is upto 100mb/s. This is shown on my xbox where i usually get around 60mb/s. Is there maybe a limit somewhere i need to change?...
  3. How come my download speed is so bad on my pc compared to my Xbox?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How come my download speed is so bad on my pc compared to my Xbox?: Whenever I download something on my PC i get at most 6 mb/s whereas my internet speed is upto 100mb/s. This is shown on my xbox where i usually get around 60mb/s. Is there maybe a limit somewhere i need to change?...
  4. Why is my wifi speed so bad on my laptop compared to my phone and ipad?

Why is my wifi speed so bad on my laptop compared to my phone and ipad?: So my wifi on my laptop runs around 10mbp/s but the exact same wifi on my ipad and phone is around 700mbp/s so I was just wondering if anyone can help me with whats causing this issue. Previously I was with Virgin Media and my wifi would run perfectly fine but since I've...
  5. Why is wifi only bad for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is wifi only bad for my laptop?: Why is wifi only bad for me laptop?it's an acer nitro 5 an517-55 with an intel core i7 12650H, rtx 4050 Killer WiFi 6E, i bought this not too long ago and it's wifi performance compared to other devices is horrible, i use windows 11 as it came with it, it's been like this for...
  6. Why is wifi only bad for my laptop?

Why is wifi only bad for my laptop?: Why is wifi only bad for me laptop?it's an acer nitro 5 an517-55 with an intel core i7 12650H, rtx 4050 Killer WiFi 6E, i bought this not too long ago and it's wifi performance compared to other devices is horrible, i use windows 11 as it came with it, it's been like this for...
  7. Why is my download speed on my pc so slow compared to other devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my download speed on my pc so slow compared to other devices?: My download speed on my pc is 10-30 Mbps compared to my console and phone which are both 150-200 Mbps when tested. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-download-speed-on-my-pc-so-slow-compared/b3314d24-a8ca-4137-90e9-0dbb640ba642
  8. Why is my download speed on my pc so slow compared to other devices?

Why is my download speed on my pc so slow compared to other devices?: My download speed on my pc is 10-30 Mbps compared to my console and phone which are both 150-200 Mbps when tested. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-download-speed-on-my-pc-so-slow-compared/b3314d24-a8ca-4137-90e9-0dbb640ba642
  9. Why is my wifi so bad on my pc but it's completely normal on my other devices; my phone and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my wifi so bad on my pc but it's completely normal on my other devices; my phone and...: Lately for a week or so my Wi-Fi has never been worse on my pc. I've even been disconnecting from my zoom classes and end up missing a majority of the lesson. I need help figuring out why my Wi-Fi is doing so bad as it is so I can tell my parents and help solve this issue....
  10. Why is my wifi download speed slow on my laptop Windows 10 and not on my phone on the same...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my wifi download speed slow on my laptop Windows 10 and not on my phone on the same...: My download speed for my laptop on windows 10 is half the speed when connected to the same wifi network when I use my phone or tablet. This is the same if I connect directly to the router. I have checked with my internet provider and the connections are fine - it is a...