Windows 10: Why is my Win Defender gone?

Discus and support Why is my Win Defender gone? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've had a few updates this wk. Didn't notice until today that Win Defender was gone after I had this popup below freeze me up. I do not have Norton... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Christine(#####), Jan 21, 2019.

1. Why is my Win Defender gone?

I've had a few updates this wk. Didn't notice until today that Win Defender was gone after I had this popup below freeze me up. I do not have Norton installed. Should I download another Defender; I thought it was a default program? Why is my Win Defender gone? 8a38549d-7246-42ea-b015-220603ff0697?upload=true.jpg

:)

Christine(#####), Jan 21, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Geoffoh Win User
    Can't run Windows Defender

Win Defender Security Centre lists my Virus and Threat Protection as disabled. The message reads "Your Virus & threat Protection is managed by your organization."

This happened a month ago and was resolved when I thoroughly removed Malwarebytes, though it and Win Defender had co-existed without trouble for some years. Now Malwarebytes is gone, no other antimalware software in place. Anyone suggest what could be
    disabling Win Defender?

Geoffoh, Jan 21, 2019
    1 person likes this.
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Why is my Win Defender gone?

win 10 defender issues

Hi,

Windows Defender helps in making your computer secure from any viruses or malware. Listed below are some reasons why the program will not work properly:

• Software conflicts (usually cause with other anti-virus application)
    • Virus and malware infection
    • Corrupted system files

To help you with the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by
    PrashantKumar96
    on this thread
    that can help in running your Windows Defender successfully.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Why is my Win Defender gone?

1. Why is my Win Defender gone? - Similar Threads - Why Defender gone

2. Why is my wifi button gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my wifi button gone?: My laptop was working fine before it went dead. It was in the process of updating and I was in the middle of submitting a assignment. Then when I plugged it in and turned it on my wifi button completely disappeared and my airplane button is grey. I cant find it in the setting...
  3. why my dokument is gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my dokument is gone?: My Microsoft Word document is gone. I was typing my document for university. It was on auto-save. I also pressed save. everything looked fine. I reopened the app, and the document was the same but it had all the information from Monday, which was 4 days ago. I need that...
  4. why my dokument is gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why my dokument is gone?: My Microsoft Word document is gone. I was typing my document for university. It was on auto-save. I also pressed save. everything looked fine. I reopened the app, and the document was the same but it had all the information from Monday, which was 4 days ago. I need that...
  5. Microsoft Defender gone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender gone: When I updated my computer a notice popped up and said that my virus definitions were out of date. I went and tried to update my definitions and it said that the Engine is unavailable. So I went and did a search on the web and tried different things to do and non of them have...
  6. Microsoft Defender is gone

Microsoft Defender is gone: In my Microsoft defender there is no antivirus provider . In start it was there but not anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-is-gone/9e6a6714-191f-4688-b250-f5138b532728
  7. No results for Win Defender Offline Scan....WHY?

No results for Win Defender Offline Scan....WHY?: No results for Win Defender Offline Scan....WHY? Memory Integrity will not start....NEW computer. HP 17.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/no-results-for-win-defender-offline-scanwhy/d85fb507-90bb-4159-b2a8-2266b9931979
  8. Windows Defender is gone

Windows Defender is gone: As of 8/8/19, my computer is without Windows Defender. I don't know how exactly I was attacked by malware but I was. I ran Malwarebytes to remove the Trojans and Malware but now my system has no Windows Defender at all. I don't know how to install it. It is missing from...
  9. Windows Defender is gone - Win 10

Windows Defender is gone - Win 10: Had some trouble with a virus recently and thought I had got rid of it using Malwarebytes as defender couldn't delete it. It quarantined files that seemed to attempt to disable windows defender. Since they were quarantined I thought nothing of it and assumed everything was...
  10. Win Defender is on but grayed out. Why?

Win Defender is on but grayed out. Why?: Hey all, Windows Defender shows being on but it's grayed out. I can't change it, and the downloadable .reg file to turn it on or off does nothing. I run AVG antivirus, and I tried turning it off to see if it was getting in the way...didn't help. This is Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my windows defender is gone