Windows 10: why is my window defender is not updating

Discus and support why is my window defender is not updating in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my window is not updating and also my window defender what should I do to get my window 10 updated to the latest version.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Markharmony#, Nov 22, 2019.

1. why is my window defender is not updating

my window is not updating and also my window defender what should I do to get my window 10 updated to the latest version.

:)

Markharmony#, Nov 22, 2019

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 22, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Nov 22, 2019
  4. why is my window defender is not updating

Defender updates no longer shown

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Type defender in the search box.
    • Click on update.
    • Check for the date on which defender is being updated.
    • If the recent date is mentioned then it will not show in the Automatic Updates.
    • Also click on update definition and check if any update is pending.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

why is my window defender is not updating

1. why is my window defender is not updating - Similar Threads - why window defender

2. Why does my lap have 50 updates for Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does my lap have 50 updates for Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender...: Why am i getting so many updates for Security Intelligence Windows Defender. I have 50 so far and they happen more than once a day that tie up my computor....
  3. Why is Window's Defender not opening?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is Window's Defender not opening?: Recently I tried to open my window defender virus scan but I wasn't able to because of an error saying your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you try to access is not available. Contact the IT help desk for more information. So I...
  4. why does the security intelligence update for windows defender antivirus update of KB15597...

why does the security intelligence update for windows defender antivirus update of KB15597...: why does my security intelligence update for windows defender antivirus KB15597 not update? * Moved from Education/Office https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-does-the-security-intelligence-update-for/0f06a6ec-b3f8-4e3f-866a-8ed37977d83b
  5. Why is my Windows Defender only scanning four files?

Why is my Windows Defender only scanning four files?: Starting this afternoon, inexplicably, whether I use "quick scan" or "full scan", Windows Defender will only scan 4 files, and the scanning process only lasts for a few seconds. May I ask how is this going? How to solve?...
  6. Why is Windows Defender managed by my organization?

Why is Windows Defender managed by my organization?: How do I restore Windows Defender in Windows 10? It quit working without any warning. Please advise. Don. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. Why is my Win Defender gone?

Why is my Win Defender gone?: I've had a few updates this wk. Didn't notice until today that Win Defender was gone after I had this popup below freeze me up. I do not have Norton installed. Should I download another Defender; I thought it was a default program?[ATTACH]...
  8. why my system is not updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why my system is not updating: my system is not updating ,wha should i do for that???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/why-my-system-is-not-updating/3aaa4b7d-eb74-411f-b441-62cf45bf46c5
  9. Why I am not able to update Windows Defender in my laptop

Why I am not able to update Windows Defender in my laptop: Dear Sir, From last 2 days many times I have tried to update the security patch, but every time it gets failed; although the full connectivity is there. Please resolve the issue. Regards, Abhishek Kuliyal...
  10. Why is Defender not seeing all my drives!?

Why is Defender not seeing all my drives!?: Hi all, I have a Win10 laptop that is currrent with "updates" and running Windows Defender. I recently noticed that it does not see all my drives. Local C: is OK Network share W: is seen and scanned Network share Y: is seen and scanned Network share P: is seen and...