Windows 10: why is my Windows 10 Spotlight backgorund doing weird stuff on my lock-screen?

Discus and support why is my Windows 10 Spotlight backgorund doing weird stuff on my lock-screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Quite a few times already, i keep encountering a strange issue that my spotlight feature is doing on my lock screen. When i start up my computer, i'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spc13m, Jan 22, 2021.

1. /u/spc13m Win User

why is my Windows 10 Spotlight backgorund doing weird stuff on my lock-screen?

Quite a few times already, i keep encountering a strange issue that my spotlight feature is doing on my lock screen.

When i start up my computer, i'm normally greeted by a random pretty picture, as part of the spotlight feature. Like most of you, i'm given the option to 'like' the picture to continue seeing more like it.

But sometimes, even after i like the picture, the image stays for quite a long time.

Other times, after i like the picture, and step away from my pc until the next day, i'll open my computer and be greeted by the same image, but for some reason, i have the ability to 'like' the image again, even though i've done it already. Its like it didn't register that i had already liked it.

It just happened to me yesterday. I got on, saw the spotlight picture, i liked it, did my work and got off the pc. Today when i woke the pc up, the image was still there, and i had the option to like it again. Really weird stuff...

Has anyone else run into this, where it lets you 'like' the same image more than once?

submitted by /u/spc13m
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spc13m, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jan 22, 2021
  3. How to fix problems with lock screen images (Windows Spotlight)

This Windows 10 Tip
    highlights the Windows Spotlight setting, which automatically uploads beautiful images of scenery daily from around the world for the background on the lock screen.

What steps should I try if I’m having trouble with Windows Spotlight?
    For example, what should I do if:

• The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the lock screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the sign-in screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight option doesn’t appear in my lock screen settings.
    • The Windows Spotlight image isn’t changing. (It shows the same image every day.)

Meliton Dec, Jan 22, 2021
  4. why is my Windows 10 Spotlight backgorund doing weird stuff on my lock-screen?

welcome screen is not asking if i like the spotlight choice

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your laptop is not asking if you like the spotlight choice might be because the Windows spotlight is not set as your lock screen background. To address this concern, we suggest enabling Windows spotlight as your lock screen
    background. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization and then select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, click on the drop down menu and make sure to click on Windows spotlight.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

why is my Windows 10 Spotlight backgorund doing weird stuff on my lock-screen?

1. why is my Windows 10 Spotlight backgorund doing weird stuff on my lock-screen? - Similar Threads - why Spotlight backgorund

2. My lock screen background stuck on the windows spotlight !

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My lock screen background stuck on the windows spotlight !: i had an issue with the lock screen background, every thing was normal and straight before i decided to try the windows spotlight on my lock screen background, when i did it the windows spotlight is working fine, but when i decided to return back to the normal picture mode,...
  3. My lock screen background stuck on the windows spotlight !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My lock screen background stuck on the windows spotlight !: i had an issue with the lock screen background, every thing was normal and straight before i decided to try the windows spotlight on my lock screen background, when i did it the windows spotlight is working fine, but when i decided to return back to the normal picture mode,...
  4. My lock screen background stuck on the windows spotlight !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. weird message on my windows lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird message on my windows lock screen: I'm getting a weird messages at the bottom on my Windows 11 Lock screen with the following text "Cao Bduo 18 ... Make Love Come On ... g642p7t.com 9/4 - 16/4". any clue? Best Regards,Jax...
  6. weird message on my windows lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird message on my windows lock screen: I'm getting a weird messages at the bottom on my Windows 11 Lock screen with the following text "Cao Bduo 18 ... Make Love Come On ... g642p7t.com 9/4 - 16/4". any clue? Best Regards,Jax...
  7. Spotlight Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotlight Lock Screen: Hi everybody, I know we can't personalize the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen. It would be better if we could at least choose a preferred theme. I like these landscapes, however, if I had a choice, I would prefer painting.Thanks....
  8. Windows Spotlight Breaks my lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spotlight Breaks my lock screen: Enabling Windows Spotlight in settings reverts the setting back to "Picture" and causes the lock screen to show a blank image (This is because I have a program that disables the Content Delivery Manager). However, when I try to set an image to my lock screen after trying to...
  9. Windows 10 Spotlight Lock Screen

Windows 10 Spotlight Lock Screen: I enjoy the Spotlight Lock screens that appear during boot up of my PC. I have noticed that none of the extra metadata - location where picture taken, travel opportunities, etc, is presented when the image first displays, but is added later during the boot up. On rare...
  10. my lock screen is acting weird

my lock screen is acting weird: so, i have a medion akoya computer and you know how there is the lock screen with the picture and the lock screen with the login box, whenever i try to go onto the lock screen with the login box, it goes back to the lock screen with the picture instead. now, before you say...