Windows 10: Why is nearly half of my SSD space already used?

Discus and support Why is nearly half of my SSD space already used? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hej guys, just bought Surface Laptop 3 with 128GB SSD a couple days ago... the problem is, that I do only have 79GB of free space right out of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/abradin, May 11, 2020.

1. Why is nearly half of my SSD space already used?

Hej guys, just bought Surface Laptop 3 with 128GB SSD a couple days ago... the problem is, that I do only have 79GB of free space right out of the box.. I mean, shouldn't I have at least 100GB ?

submitted by /u/abradin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/abradin, May 11, 2020
  2. Matt9971 Win User

One Drive Uses SSD Space

I noticed that my free space on my SSD has gotten really low, and when I checked in my settings I saw that the largest block of used space was taken up by OneDrive. Can anyone tell me why OneDrive is using space on my PC's SSD?

Matt9971, May 11, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, May 11, 2020
  4. Why is nearly half of my SSD space already used?

SSD space

I had to reset Windows 10 recently. the laptop worked wonderfully. The problem I have now is that the Dec Tuesday update did not work. Now windows modules installer continued to work and the SSD in one day filled almost to capacity. The SSD at the
    start of the day showed 63GB of space used. At the end of the day, the total was 203GB used. I went to system restore and rolled back to the time before the update. I then had 75GB of space used but each time I checked, the space on the SSD was getting
    smaller, about a GB every 20 minutes or so within 3 hours the used space went from 75gb to 102gb. I have since gone to the task manager and ended the process of Windows Modules Installer. The used space on the SSD is no longer getting larger, but how do I
    regain the lost space on the SSD. THe SSD is a Samsung 250 EVO 850.

lelandaholland, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Why is nearly half of my SSD space already used?

1. Why is nearly half of my SSD space already used? - Similar Threads - Why nearly half

2. why my ssd use 100% disk space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my ssd use 100% disk space?: I HAVE 2 STORAGES SSD AND HDD. NOW MY SSDSYSTEM STORAGE USE 100% OF DISK. I FACE SOME PROBLEMS DURING DISKSSD USE 100%.. HOW CAN I SOLVE IT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-ssd-use-100-disk-space/4622a225-734b-4fd2-9ff6-489cc321c2ed
  3. why my ssd use 100% disk space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why my ssd use 100% disk space?: I HAVE 2 STORAGES SSD AND HDD. NOW MY SSDSYSTEM STORAGE USE 100% OF DISK. I FACE SOME PROBLEMS DURING DISKSSD USE 100%.. HOW CAN I SOLVE IT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-ssd-use-100-disk-space/4622a225-734b-4fd2-9ff6-489cc321c2ed
  4. why my ssd use 100% disk space?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows System Files using nearly 500Gb of space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows System Files using nearly 500Gb of space: [ATTACH] This should probably be at around 48Gb, but Here it is at 488Gb. How can I reduce the space it uses? submitted by /u/JeffRabbit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jkg69j/windows_system_files_using_nearly_500gb_of_space/
  6. SSD Not displaying Used Space/Free Space, other ssd shows fine

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD Not displaying Used Space/Free Space, other ssd shows fine: Im running Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909. See Attached Image My E: Drive is a Western Digital SN750 1TB M.2 SSD. It does not display the Free Space/Total Space like the other SSD/Partitions C: or D: [img] Can someone tell me how to fix this? - - - Updated - - -...
  7. Why can't my computer use half of my ram

Why can't my computer use half of my ram: i've tried ticking the maximum allocated box found in "msconfig" and it still doesn't work [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-my-computer-use-half-of-my-ram/25980efc-1440-43f7-8be9-2a621d8d2f5e
  8. One Drive Uses SSD Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Uses SSD Space: I noticed that my free space on my SSD has gotten really low, and when I checked in my settings I saw that the largest block of used space was taken up by OneDrive. Can anyone tell me why OneDrive is using space on my PC's SSD?...
  9. SSD drive used space inconsistency

SSD drive used space inconsistency: I have Samsung nvme m2 evo disk as a system drive (GPT, NTFS). All the files on the disk including pagefile hyberfile etc take about 106GB on the disk. Yet, Win 10 shows that used space is 341GB. Can you advise wth did more than 200GB of space go? :)...
  10. my SSD is already running out of space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my SSD is already running out of space: Hi all So, I am now the proud owner of a new laptop. I have just spent the longest period of my life (a year) without a PC, since 1988 - absolute torture, I am lost without one. Tragic but true! I was not too sure where to put this post, software or hardware, so apologies...