Windows 10: Why is new Windows 10 PC automatically deleting Onedrive files on every sleep cycle of PC

Discus and support Why is new Windows 10 PC automatically deleting Onedrive files on every sleep cycle of PC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a brand new windows 10 PC bought 1 month ago (SSD Asus Laptop). All updates are applied to current date. Every time I restart in the morning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RossHazelwood, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Why is new Windows 10 PC automatically deleting Onedrive files on every sleep cycle of PC

I have a brand new windows 10 PC bought 1 month ago (SSD Asus Laptop). All updates are applied to current date.

Every time I restart in the morning after closing the lid at night ( sleep), the start up is a black screen with no prompt and the HDD light becomes hugely active for several minutes, but still nothing shows on the screen even after 10 minutes, so the PC does not start up even in 10 minutes.

If I hold the power button down to switch off, then restart - The restart is instant with working screen and login, but a popup promptly comes up to say that I have deleted several hundreds of Onedrive files "do you wish to keep them". Of course I hit restore, and the PC is then useable again.

I have never pressed delete on any of these files, and the files appear to contain all my personal &program appdata, therefore the auto deletion is probably the reason that the PC will not restart properly from sleep mode. Why is Onedrive deleting these files automatically every I close the lid of my PC. Current version Win10=1803.

Yes I can power off, restart and then respond to Onedrive popup question about deleted filed and ask Onedrive to restore the 50 MB that it has deleted, but this should not be needed.

:)

RossHazelwood, Oct 30, 2018

2. Why is new Windows 10 PC automatically deleting Onedrive files on every sleep cycle of PC

I have a brand new windows 10 PC bought 1 month ago (SSD Asus Laptop). All updates are applied to current date.

Every time I restart in the morning after closing the lid at night ( sleep), the start up is a black screen with no prompt and the HDD light becomes hugely active for several minutes, but still nothing shows on the screen even after 10 minutes, so the PC
    does not start up even in 10 minutes.

If I hold the power button down to switch off, then restart - The restart is instant with working screen and login, but a popup promptly comes up to say that I have deleted several hundreds of Onedrive files "do you wish to keep them". Of course I hit restore,
    and the PC is then useable again.

I have never pressed delete on any of these files, and the files appear to contain all my personal &program appdata, therefore the auto deletion is probably the reason that the PC will not restart properly from sleep mode.
    Why is Onedrive deleting these files automatically every I close the lid of my PC. Current version Win10=1803.

Yes I can power off, restart and then respond to Onedrive popup question about deleted filed and ask Onedrive to restore the 50 MB that it has deleted, but this should not be needed.

RossHazelwood, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 31, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

Why is new Windows 10 PC automatically deleting Onedrive files on every sleep cycle of PC

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Why is new Windows 10 PC automatically deleting Onedrive files on every sleep cycle of PC

1. Why is new Windows 10 PC automatically deleting Onedrive files on every sleep cycle of PC - Similar Threads - Why automatically deleting

2. Syncing Onedrive files to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing Onedrive files to new PC: I have a Onedrive account that currently syncs to my Windows 11 PC. If I sign into that account from a new PC replacing my existing PC, will it sync all of the existing files to my new PC?...
  3. Syncing Onedrive files to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing Onedrive files to new PC: I have a Onedrive account that currently syncs to my Windows 11 PC. If I sign into that account from a new PC replacing my existing PC, will it sync all of the existing files to my new PC?...
  4. onedrive deleting files automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive deleting files automatically: How DF do i fix this **** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-deleting-files-automatically/3657ae4a-da25-4809-8999-67277ff01841
  5. OneDrive automatically deleting files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive automatically deleting files?: Hi all, I have a quick question regarding OneDrive. I have it set up on my laptop but these past few days I've been noticing that OneDrive seems to be automatically deleting files whenever I work with them. I use a 3D modelling software, Rhino, and whenever I would save a...
  6. Onedrive. PC onedrive deleted. Will the files online disappears.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive. PC onedrive deleted. Will the files online disappears.: I accidentally deleted the onedrive folder on my pc. When onedrive syncs will the online files be deleted or will they be still in the cloud? 164791
  7. PC Stopped Automatically Sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Stopped Automatically Sleeping: Please advise if this is incorrect forum, or whether a thread already explains this (I did a search but didn't see anything). I have not installed anything or made any changes recently yet my desktop machine stopped going to sleep at inputted time. While monitor turns off...
  8. PC Will Not Automatically Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Will Not Automatically Sleep: After reinstalling windows after getting a new drive I encountered a strange issue, my computer will never sleep automatically. I have reduced the timer down to 1 minute and still nothing. Running "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" results NONE, and running "powercfg...
  9. PC keeps going on to a sleep cycle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC keeps going on to a sleep cycle: I have never ever decided to go to a forum to ask a problem by myself about pc’s troubleshooting. However that changes now. The problem that I have with my pc is that it keeps going to sleep within seconds after I turn it on. I got no time t even type my password to log...
  10. delete " OneDrive " in " This PC "

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete " OneDrive " in " This PC ": Hi everyone. I'm new user of W10 10041 x64 and i need your help for little custom. Can you help me to delete " OneDrive " in " This PC " ? [img] Thanks ! Don't caring about the name of my system drive, it's just the name of the disk before updating to 10041....