Windows 10: Why is notepad in Windows 11 showing weird squares instead of font

Discus and support Why is notepad in Windows 11 showing weird squares instead of font in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I am using Windows 11 and Sans Serif Collection and Notepad is showing gibberish characters squares instead of real font. However fonts are showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Domagoj Pernar, May 13, 2023.

1. Why is notepad in Windows 11 showing weird squares instead of font

Hi,I am using Windows 11 and Sans Serif Collection and Notepad is showing gibberish characters squares instead of real font. However fonts are showing correctly in toolbar when Im typing.It looks like this.

:)

Domagoj Pernar, May 13, 2023

2. Square instead Number And Button Icon!

It is possible that the Groove Music app adapts to the system fonts that's why the numeric keys are not showing as well. We suggest that you restore the default font settings by following the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel window.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization.
    • Click on Fonts and Font Settings.
    • From there, you will see the Restore default font settings button.

Why is notepad in Windows 11 showing weird squares instead of font 233dd233-835b-4fed-8f64-5988fcac5b16.png

Once you are done, give us an update so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 13, 2023
  3. Notepad Fonts

The font file is TTF. Yep, exactly. Malgun is already installed but it does not appear in the list of fonts.

majoymeows, May 13, 2023
  4. Why is notepad in Windows 11 showing weird squares instead of font

Notepad font

I did a little more checking. Changing the font with the steps you described: Format>Font>select the font>OK - should change the font of any text already written without having to select any text. Notepad is just a plain text editor. Fint information is not embedded in the document. If you want to have control of fonts and have the information stick, use Notepad++ or Wordpad.

You originally mentioned creating a font, however. You can't create a font with Notepad.

Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] on OnDemand, May 13, 2023
Thema:

Why is notepad in Windows 11 showing weird squares instead of font

1. Why is notepad in Windows 11 showing weird squares instead of font - Similar Threads - Why notepad showing

2. Windows 11 weird icons square

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 weird icons square: As you can see on this image sometimes icons turning into square. How can i fix this issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-weird-icons-square/23f29d66-4f15-45d0-885b-e2b1a1bfb070
  3. Windows 11 weird icons square

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 weird icons square: As you can see on this image sometimes icons turning into square. How can i fix this issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-weird-icons-square/23f29d66-4f15-45d0-885b-e2b1a1bfb070
  4. Notepad won't show fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad won't show fonts: After I download and install a font from the internet, Notepad shows this font in its font dropdown.But when I go back to Notepad itself, the font doesn't appear as it should; instead it looks like a basic font Calibri, I think.I've already tried restarting my laptop. If this...
  5. Notepad won't show fonts

Notepad won't show fonts: After I download and install a font from the internet, Notepad shows this font in its font dropdown.But when I go back to Notepad itself, the font doesn't appear as it should; instead it looks like a basic font Calibri, I think.I've already tried restarting my laptop. If this...
  6. Why is notepad in Windows 11 showing weird squares instead of font

Why is notepad in Windows 11 showing weird squares instead of font: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and Sans Serif Collection and Notepad is showing gibberish characters squares instead of real font. However fonts are showing correctly in toolbar when Im typing.It looks like this....
  7. Browsers showing weird font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers showing weird font: Hey guys, my browsers and all Chromium Services like Electron Applications and stuff shows a very weird font.I don't know what to do, i have this problem on all of my browsers and also some applications.i tried to reinstall the windows fonts but im at the end of my tries....
  8. Browsers showing weird font

Browsers showing weird font: Hey guys, my browsers and all Chromium Services like Electron Applications and stuff shows a very weird font.I don't know what to do, i have this problem on all of my browsers and also some applications.i tried to reinstall the windows fonts but im at the end of my tries....
  9. Websites showing weird fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Websites showing weird fonts: I saw lately some websites use some strange fonts instead of showing original fonts on my laptop. I'm pretty sure it has to do something with Windows fonts setting. I reinstalled Windows default font pack, but nothing worked. How do I fix this?...
  10. Showing weird characters like square fonts while installing bat file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Showing weird characters like square fonts while installing bat file: I am having issue in installing the batch file . It shows weird characters ( like fonts has not been installed ) when installing the batch file which leads to error. The filename itself shows unrecognizable character. Here is the screenshotscreenshot...