Windows 10: Why is One Drive Deleting files that I have saved for years. Occasionally I do use this file.

Discus and support Why is One Drive Deleting files that I have saved for years. Occasionally I do use this file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I see many people are having the same problem. I am loosing patience with Windows and Microsoft. They need to get out of politics and concentrate on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WouldSomebodyWakeupBill, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Why is One Drive Deleting files that I have saved for years. Occasionally I do use this file.

I see many people are having the same problem. I am loosing patience with Windows and Microsoft. They need to get out of politics and concentrate on their customers or they will loose them.

:)

WouldSomebodyWakeupBill, Aug 25, 2020
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Saving and deleting files

I suspect you have some agent that interferes with the normal operation of Windows. Please try this to find out:

• Press Shift+Restart to start Windows in Safe Mode.
    • Modify some file, then save it.

Delete some file.
    • Press Shift+Restart to start Windows in Safe Mode.
    • Check if the actions from Step 2 persist.

Frederik Long, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Why is One Drive Deleting files that I have saved for years. Occasionally I do use this file.

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Why is One Drive Deleting files that I have saved for years. Occasionally I do use this file.

1. Why is One Drive Deleting files that I have saved for years. Occasionally I do use this file. - Similar Threads - Why Drive Deleting

2. I don't want to use One Drive. How to I move the files saved in one drive to a folder where...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want to use One Drive. How to I move the files saved in one drive to a folder where...: Every time I try to copy files to a folder I think is unrelated to One Drive and try to turn off One Drive, the files disappear after either 24 hours or more. How can I keep all my files and make sure they don't disappear or get deleted by this insidious program?!...
  3. I don't want to use One Drive. How to I move the files saved in one drive to a folder where...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't want to use One Drive. How to I move the files saved in one drive to a folder where...: Every time I try to copy files to a folder I think is unrelated to One Drive and try to turn off One Drive, the files disappear after either 24 hours or more. How can I keep all my files and make sure they don't disappear or get deleted by this insidious program?!...
  4. Deleted files in one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted files in one drive: Hi, my files or folders deleted in one drive appear in my colleague's recycle garbage can and not in mine and I don't know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-in-one-drive/f712f003-fb18-4a5a-9243-ddecc1d19174
  5. Deleted files in one drive

Deleted files in one drive: Hi, my files or folders deleted in one drive appear in my colleague's recycle garbage can and not in mine and I don't know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-in-one-drive/f712f003-fb18-4a5a-9243-ddecc1d19174
  6. Why do I have only one drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have only one drive?: I recently bought a new laptop. I also have an old laptop.The new laptop only has this drive:Local Disc C While my old laptop has these drives:Local Disc CRecovery DDrive FWhy do I have so many drives on my old laptop?And what does each Drive mean? I don’t know what any of...
  7. Why do I have only one drive?

Why do I have only one drive?: I recently bought a new laptop. I also have an old laptop.The new laptop only has this drive:Local Disc C While my old laptop has these drives:Local Disc CRecovery DDrive FWhy do I have so many drives on my old laptop?And what does each Drive mean? I don’t know what any of...
  8. One drive deleting files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive deleting files: Lately everytime i boot up my laptop i get a message from one drive that files have been deleted from my laptop and sent to the one drive recycle bin. When I click on the link in the notification to go to the recycle bin it is empty. I have not been deleting anything. Also i...
  9. Why would deleting files from one drive backup delete the local files? I am devastated, I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why would deleting files from one drive backup delete the local files? I am devastated, I...: All I was trying to do was backup a few files, however, one drive had other ideas. It kept getting in a sync loop, syncing all of the wrong files, and it never asked me to specify what files. So, I tried to pause the sync and change what folders specifically synced,...
  10. How do i "tell" One-drive that i do not want a specific file to be saved on, one drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i "tell" One-drive that i do not want a specific file to be saved on, one drive?: I recently dowloaded a 43 gb file which i do not want to sinc with the one drive function. I wanna keep the drive working to everything else, but i dont want to have this specific file to be saved, due the fact that i dont have enough space to have him storaged. Does anyone...