Windows 10: why is one drive so impossible to isolate

Discus and support why is one drive so impossible to isolate in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to use One Drive ONLY WHEN I WANT TO!!!!!! I would like to store important files there, and NOT automatically upload the millions of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkOSTL, Dec 13, 2018.

1. MarkOSTL Win User

why is one drive so impossible to isolate

I would like to use One Drive ONLY WHEN I WANT TO!!!!!!

I would like to store important files there, and NOT automatically upload the millions of photos I have on this new PC.

The fixes provided by the MS online help have caused me to sit with a FULL one drive, and 100% of the photos I load on this NEW PC now do not even show thumbnail views of any kind, they just show up a blanks with the number/file name.

If I delete files on one drive, they are then deleted from this PC, I find no way to separate them.

It has become such a hinderance that I can not even use this NEW PC.

How do I keep one drive and use it only when I want to place a file there.

How do I get the photo icons to show up in the folders, they are there, but do not show the preview in any of the large, small file view formats.

AND, Please bring back the filmstrip viewer too, as it was always way superior way to view and use photos on a PC, I still keep one very old PC in my office to use this filmstrip photo viewer.

Note this has nothing to do with the Office products, it just the only topic choice allowed by this lame automated system.

It would relate to Office when I want to store a file there, but this one drive problem with photos auto/storage settings have made it impossible to use this PC.

Moved from: Office / OneDrive with Office / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

:)

MarkOSTL, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Fourstaff Win User

Sound Isolating Earphones

Sound Isolating earphones preferred as I already have a good pair of cans, but open to all suggestions.

Fourstaff, Dec 14, 2018
  3. little cat, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Airider Win User

why do 2 Local Disks get isolated?

This HP has a new SSD. I just now found this and wonder if it is stupids and/or dangerous to try <

"How to delete EFI partition with Diskpart

Step 1. Hit "Windows Key + R to open the run dialogue box, enter "diskpart" and click "OK" to open a black command prompt window.
    Step 2. Type "list disk" to display all the disks of your computer. Type "select disk n" to identify which disk you need to work with. Here n stands for the disk letter.
    Step 3. Type "list partition" to display all the volumes on the hard drive. Type "select partition n" to identify which partition you want to remove. Here n stands for the volume letter.
    Step 4. Type "delete partition override" to remove the EFI partition. Finally, type "exit" to close the windows when you receive the message says, DiskPart successfully deleted the selected partition"

just for a better understanding, but not wanting to complete it, I took these steps >

why is one drive so impossible to isolate [​IMG]

in this context >

why is one drive so impossible to isolate [​IMG]

so C: should be using 70GB I assume (461- 391)

Am sure my lack of expert knowledge is showing!

Airider, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

1. why is one drive so impossible to isolate - Similar Threads - why drive impossible

2. Impossible de mettre à jour one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible de mettre à jour one drive: Impossible de mettre à jour et réparer one drive et donc d'actualiser la réception des messages sur mon pc l'onglet pour choisir le mode d'accès confidentiel n'aboutissant qu'à une fenêtre blanche m'indiquant qu'une erreur est rencontrée lorsque je les ferme...
  3. Impossible de mettre à jour one drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Impossible de mettre à jour one drive: Impossible de mettre à jour et réparer one drive et donc d'actualiser la réception des messages sur mon pc l'onglet pour choisir le mode d'accès confidentiel n'aboutissant qu'à une fenêtre blanche m'indiquant qu'une erreur est rencontrée lorsque je les ferme...
  4. Why is it impossible to unlink one-drive in windows 11 ? The settings section does not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it impossible to unlink one-drive in windows 11 ? The settings section does not...: Why is it impossible to unlink one-drive in windows 11 ? The settings section does not include 'account' or any of the other tabs referred to in online 'answers' to this question....
  5. Why is it impossible to unlink one-drive in windows 11 ? The settings section does not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is it impossible to unlink one-drive in windows 11 ? The settings section does not...: Why is it impossible to unlink one-drive in windows 11 ? The settings section does not include 'account' or any of the other tabs referred to in online 'answers' to this question....
  6. why is microsoft and one drive so incredibly incompetent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is microsoft and one drive so incredibly incompetent: Ive never used onedrive in my entire life and one day i was like i wonder what it is cus ive always seen it on my desktop and never used it so i open it and it just started uploading stuff so i turned toggled off the folders it was uploading from and it just DELETES all my...
  7. why is microsoft and one drive so incredibly incompetent

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    why is microsoft and one drive so incredibly incompetent: Ive never used onedrive in my entire life and one day i was like i wonder what it is cus ive always seen it on my desktop and never used it so i open it and it just started uploading stuff so i turned toggled off the folders it was uploading from and it just DELETES all my...
  8. why is microsoft and one drive so incredibly incompetent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Why does one drive suck so bad !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does one drive suck so bad !: This might come off as a rant honestly.. But I'm really fed up with how little there is control over what I do with one drive.. And recently I've been having a ton of problems with this program. Just getting my files off desktop deleted, randomly syncing items I specifically...
  10. Isolated drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Isolated drive?: Hello, I want to play a game that I'm not sure is infected with. So I had the idea to isolate an empty drive so that I can write/move and run files on this drive, but programs can't write files to another drive but only to the designated drive (I don't want to use a sandbox...