Windows 10: Why is One Drive uploading files all over again?

Discus and support Why is One Drive uploading files all over again? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason One Drive started uploading from scratch all over again. It is stuck on 32 percent and has been stuck there for an hour or so. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ruth2340, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Ruth2340 Win User

Why is One Drive uploading files all over again?

For some reason One Drive started uploading from scratch all over again. It is stuck on 32 percent and has been stuck there for an hour or so. I think it may somehow be what has caused a problem with the Facebook Gameroom App not loading. It says can't verify when I try to load it. Plus Bingo Drive does not load either on Edge, on Chrome and of course can't get Gameroom back so can't do games there. Anyone have any suggestions? This is not good with One Drive. Wondering if I should get rid of it.

:)

Ruth2340, Oct 22, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Oct 22, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Limit each person to what they can upload ?, well that's terrible after time as posted pics end up deleted and leave useful threads with missing pictures.

Or did it misunderstand point number 2.

AsRock, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Why is One Drive uploading files all over again? - Similar Threads - Why Drive uploading

2. how to stop one drive from uploading all files on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop one drive from uploading all files on PC: Hello there,want to stop 1drive from uploading all files on my computer and only upload certain files, have tried selecting only the files i want to save to 1drive, but when i do all others files disappear. i then have to go back in and click all files and restart computer to...
  3. how to stop one drive from uploading all files on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to stop one drive from uploading all files on PC: Hello there,want to stop 1drive from uploading all files on my computer and only upload certain files, have tried selecting only the files i want to save to 1drive, but when i do all others files disappear. i then have to go back in and click all files and restart computer to...
  4. how to stop one drive from uploading all files on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. WHERE are all these photo's uploading on my one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHERE are all these photo's uploading on my one drive: HeyI have Office 365 and ONEDRIVE is part of this, My question is why have all my photo's uploaded on here, when there are no photo's in my Photos folder. Does onedrive load all photos from my phone as well? Please can you give me all information about where they are looking...
  6. WHERE are all these photo's uploading on my one drive

WHERE are all these photo's uploading on my one drive: HeyI have Office 365 and ONEDRIVE is part of this, My question is why have all my photo's uploaded on here, when there are no photo's in my Photos folder. Does onedrive load all photos from my phone as well? Please can you give me all information about where they are looking...
  7. Why won't One Drive backup all files?

Why won't One Drive backup all files?: I get complaints about *.pst and *.one. These are formats created by Microsoft but One Drive refuses to back them up. Why???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-one-drive-backup-all-files/3630b9a0-1ecd-4c83-9f7f-024cbe8d672c
  8. one drive hacked and files uploaded

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    one drive hacked and files uploaded: Someone [an ex] who had access to my onedrive account (from a separate device] uploaded some false documents into my one drive, printed them, deleted them, and then claimed that I wrote them. How do I restore the documents to view them myself and how can I prove I didn't...
  9. One Drive Uploads

One Drive Uploads: I would like to use OneDrive to sync my system, the problem is it appears the max file upload size is 10 to 15 GB per file. I have several that are well above that size. How can I get them to OneDrive?...
  10. One drive Uploading

One drive Uploading: Hi, so basically I've had my new Microsoft computer for about a week now and it is now telling me that my One Drive photo and file saving and uploading thingo is full. As I use other methods to save and keep my files in a cloud through my school I don't plan on buying a set...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive uploading files over and over