Windows 10: Why is OneDrive set as default save location by Office when support is so limited?

Discus and support Why is OneDrive set as default save location by Office when support is so limited? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One Drive support is terrible... seems to be limited to 1 email response per day. SO WHY DOES MICROSOFT PUSH THIS SERVICE BY SETTING IT AS DEFAULT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Perri Poirier, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Why is OneDrive set as default save location by Office when support is so limited?

One Drive support is terrible... seems to be limited to 1 email response per day.

SO WHY DOES MICROSOFT PUSH THIS SERVICE BY SETTING IT AS DEFAULT FILE SAVE LOCATION FOR OFFICE? rhetorical

Microsoft Store sales team does not inform anyone of this PRIOR TO PURCHASE and even today are still selling Microsoft 365 as FULLY being covered by telephone support.

Seems like the only solution for me at this time is to disable OneDrive from Start Up and manually upload 5 computer's files to it through a web browse.

:)

Perri Poirier, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings

I am trying to save my files to OneDrive as a default. It has always worked as my default. For some reason, the default save location is now Recent. Something caused it to change. All default locations settings in Word Options, my computer and OneDrive settings are set to save to OneDrive. It appears my computer does not recognize these default settings.

Do you have any suggestions how I can have my default locations for files change back to OneDrive?

I use Windows 10. My computer is Dell XPS 8910.

See Screenshots. Screenshot with Recent highlighted shows my current default location as Recent. OneDrive should be highlighted.

Also, I reinstalled Microsoft Office.

Jerry

Jerry

Jerry8A, Jun 5, 2020
  3. dlobe Win User
    Not able to change default save location to OneDrive

I have a clean install of windows 10 Pro (Build 10240) 64bit.
    Before clean install, my default save location was set to OneDrive. That's what I want.
    After clean install, USB created from Media Creation Tool, I cannot change default save location from PC to OneDrive
    I want the default set to OneDrive but the option is not available in Settings, System, Storage. Only option available is This PC.

Please help...Thanks

Doug

Why is OneDrive set as default save location by Office when support is so limited? [​IMG]

dlobe, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Why is OneDrive set as default save location by Office when support is so limited?

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Why is OneDrive set as default save location by Office when support is so limited?

1. Why is OneDrive set as default save location by Office when support is so limited? - Similar Threads - Why OneDrive set

2. OneDrive as the Default "Save As" Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive as the Default "Save As" Location: Over the past couple of months, when "save as" new versions of word and excel documents, the default folder is OneDrive not the existing folder where I opened the file. This creates version control issues and makes it harder for me to find files in the future. How can the...
  3. OneDrive as the Default "Save As" Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive as the Default "Save As" Location: Over the past couple of months, when "save as" new versions of word and excel documents, the default folder is OneDrive not the existing folder where I opened the file. This creates version control issues and makes it harder for me to find files in the future. How can the...
  4. OneDrive as the Default "Save As" Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive is uninstalled. Default Save Location set to drive C. Still saving to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is uninstalled. Default Save Location set to drive C. Still saving to OneDrive: How do I stop Windows 11 from saving to OneDrive. I have completely uninstalled it. The Default Save Location in settings is set to drive C, yet it still saves everything to the OneDrive folder. This is absolutely ridiculous....
  6. OneDrive is uninstalled. Default Save Location set to drive C. Still saving to OneDrive

OneDrive is uninstalled. Default Save Location set to drive C. Still saving to OneDrive: How do I stop Windows 11 from saving to OneDrive. I have completely uninstalled it. The Default Save Location in settings is set to drive C, yet it still saves everything to the OneDrive folder. This is absolutely ridiculous....
  7. set your default save location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    set your default save location.: We couldn’t set your default save location.The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit.The error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it.I have tried a lot of things but nothing will work I'm trying to download some Xbox games. but it wont work on my...
  8. set your default save location.

set your default save location.: We couldn’t set your default save location.The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit.The error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it.I have tried a lot of things but nothing will work I'm trying to download some Xbox games. but it wont work on my...
  9. Cannot set default save location.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot set default save location.: I tried to innstall forza 4 from xbox app on windows 10 on my G: drive and it said that i had to change the default save location for games so i press it and chose the G: drive for apps and it said i had to delete other apps so i pressed yes. i then said that i cant set my...
  10. Setting default save location?

Setting default save location?: I have a friend who is asking me for some help with her computer. It's a fairly basic issue but I'm afraid I don't know the answer so I thought I'd try here. Some of her programs are saving to OneDrive, otherwise known as The Cloud. She strongly prefers to save to her own...