Windows 10: Why is Onedrive still a piece of ****?

Discus and support Why is Onedrive still a piece of ****? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So instead of having Dropbox, Google Drive, icloud and Onedrive I decided to just choose one....... 1tb came with my Office subscription so i picked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Peimad, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Peimad Win User

Why is Onedrive still a piece of ****?

So instead of having Dropbox, Google Drive, icloud and Onedrive I decided to just choose one.......

1tb came with my Office subscription so i picked Onedrive. 1 month later.....what an utter piece of ****!

I got syncing errors up the wazoo ALL the time....it tells me to delete a copy then warns me by deleting it will delete it everywhere.

Then I finally try to delete it and it brings up an error!!!

At one stage I had like 3 versions of 1 folder in the cloud using all my storage.....fk knows how that happened.

I've been using Dropbox since 2010...I KNOW HOW TO USE CLOUD SYNCING programs. FFS I administer a 150 PC WAN

with syncing going everywhere. Yet this Onedrive puzzles me.....how does big corporation get something so fked up when there are 50 options to choose from in the market place begging for people to move away from something more reliable.

Put some effort into it please!!

I'm ditching it and using Drive from Synology.....it really can't be any worse!!

:)

Peimad, Dec 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Why is Onedrive still a piece of ****?

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Why is Onedrive still a piece of ****? ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Why is Onedrive still a piece of ****?

1. Why is Onedrive still a piece of ****? - Similar Threads - Why Onedrive still

2. Onedrive yet again, what a piece of garbage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Onedrive yet again, what a piece of garbage: So I decided to share a folder with onedrive so that some friends of mine could share some photos that they were text messaging. Weird how the f%$£ do you add images from an android phone. I texted them the link but onedrive one a cellphone doesn't work with dragging and...
  3. Onedrive yet again, what a piece of garbage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive yet again, what a piece of garbage: So I decided to share a folder with onedrive so that some friends of mine could share some photos that they were text messaging. Weird how the f%$£ do you add images from an android phone. I texted them the link but onedrive one a cellphone doesn't work with dragging and...
  4. Onedrive yet again, what a piece of garbage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WHY IS WINDOWS 10 A PIECE OF ****???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHY IS WINDOWS 10 A PIECE OF ****???: DEAR WINDOWS 10 OS, WHY ARE YOU A PIECE OF ****??? DEAR MICROSOFT, WHY WON'T YOU FIX YOUR PIECE OF **** OPERATING SYSTEM??? EXPERIENCING THE SAME ISSUES ON 3 DIFFERENT LAPTOPS MEANS THAT YOU GUYS ARE THE ISSUSE. I'VE REALIZED THAT NO AMOUNT OF MONEY SPENT ON A GOOD LAPTOP IS...
  6. Missing piece

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing piece: Was working a puzzle online and cannot find the last piece. Have tried over and over and it won't show up. How do I fix or delete the puzzle? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-piece/e7533ed7-a812-4262-b50c-1533712b7f36
  7. Why is Windows 10 such a ****-laden, bug-filled, useless **** piece of ****?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is Windows 10 such a ****-laden, bug-filled, useless **** piece of ****?: Why is Windows 10 such a ****-laden, bug-filled, useless **** piece of ****? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-10-such-a-laden-bug-filled-useless/f3eb62ee-b7d3-4aba-838b-8ed3053de473
  8. Windows 10 is still a piece of ****

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is still a piece of ****: [ATTACH] change icon by file extension, disable auto-update, privacy, registry the hell of a mess... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-still-a-piece-of/ed68201a-34d6-4b31-bdbd-a4db9f48f043
  9. Why Microsoft becomes a true piece of Sh*t ?????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why Microsoft becomes a true piece of Sh*t ?????: Day by day, Microsoft makes Windows a true piece of ****. In Windows 10 there has crappy Defender, crappy Cortana, crappy Ads, crappy Edge, crappy Auto Update, crappy bloatwares, crappy unnecessary processes running in the background. And there has no user control over it....
  10. iheart app is a piece of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iheart app is a piece of...: its a piece of "you know what". its becoming unreliable most of the time. I listen to smooth jazz all the while am online..but sometimes the app shuts down for unknown reason..allowing me to revert to my other media player for support. whats causing it to malfunction? I need...