Windows 10: Why is "Open map" failing in Photos app in windows 10?

Discus and support Why is "Open map" failing in Photos app in windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I open file explorer. I navigate to and double click any photo. The Photos app launches and shows the picture. I click on the "..." and then "file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkTiede, Sep 8, 2019.

1. MarkTiede Win User

Why is "Open map" failing in Photos app in windows 10?

I open file explorer. I navigate to and double click any photo. The Photos app launches and shows the picture. I click on the "..." and then "file info". That shows a section on the left side of the page with a map. Below the map it says "Open map".

When I click on "Open map", nothing happens. I'm pretty sure this used to work.

The Maps app itself can be launched separately so it is installed and working properly.

Does Photos need "Here maps" to work instead of the Windows 10 "Maps"?

:)

MarkTiede, Sep 8, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Sep 8, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Why is "Open map" failing in Photos app in windows 10? - Similar Threads - Why Open map

2. Why not my Pakistan map on map app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why not my Pakistan map on map app: can Microsoft make it clear that why Pakistan map is not included in offline maps, is it not a discrimination* Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-not-my-pakistan-map-on-map-app/9053ac42-eaf1-4ca4-a050-14745a9f39b6
  3. Window 10 Photo App: Why not:-

Window 10 Photo App: Why not:-: Why not:- export/make available the fundamental Information about the handled photos as a simple SQLite database. I.e. for each photo: path, name, inherent tagging information e.g. Exif, dog, house,..., user provided tagging information You already have the info in a...
  4. Windows 10 Photo App will not open!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Photo App will not open!: Hi Guys, Got an issue with the windows 10 photos app that has absolutely bewildered me! For some reason the app will open for 3 seconds as a blank black screen then turn off. I have donne the usual google for a resolution however nothing I have tried has worked. Steps I have...
  5. Photos App and Maps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App and Maps: Been using the win10 64 bit photos app and lots of my photos have location information in them. When viewing the photos in the app, click on the "File Info" and it displays a small map with location at the left side, but, it also has under the small map "Open Map" which you...
  6. "Open map" of Photos does not work.

"Open map" of Photos does not work.: This question was asked before, but that thread is locked, so I am asking it here: Why doesn't "Open map" work? [ATTACH] Every app under Setting > Privacy > Location has been given the permission: [ATTACH]...
  7. When will the "Open Map" option of the Photos app on the PC be fixed?

When will the "Open Map" option of the Photos app on the PC be fixed?: It has been broken a long time already. It is very annoying to have this functionality not functioning? Either take the hyperlink off the form, or fix it please. preferably the former...
  8. Open Map doesn't work anymore in Microsoft Photos App

Open Map doesn't work anymore in Microsoft Photos App: This feature used to work last winter. If I opened a photo in Photos and then selected File information and clicked on Open map under location it would open Maps and show where the photo was taken. Some time over the summer it stopped working (after an Windows 10 update)....
  9. Maps app won't open

Maps app won't open: When i open the app it launch but after a few seconds it close by itself! Any fix please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maps-app-wont-open/f7cfd655-587b-418a-a488-3d0e4011064b
  10. Maps App will not delete or open Google maps

Maps App will not delete or open Google maps: I do not want to use windows/microsoft Maps I have been using Google Maps and have found I can crte an Icon & Tile that will pin to start but want to remove the Maps Tile or make it do the job. So far I have failed to remove it or get it to open Google maps. I cannot get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photos open map doesnt work

2. photos open maps no longer works

3. cannot open map in microsoft photos app

4. Why is Open map failing in Photos app in windows 10?,
  5. open map in photos,
  6. windows 10 photos app open map doesnt work