Windows 10: Why is Outlook storing files on a non-existent directory?

Discus and support Why is Outlook storing files on a non-existent directory? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Windows 10, Version 10, Build 18362.418, Outlook 2013 (Part of office 2103) . I have a pst file stored at C:\Users\Julian\Documents\Outlook Files\L:... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jjthomas, Oct 20, 2019.

1. jjthomas Win User

Why is Outlook storing files on a non-existent directory?

Windows 10, Version 10, Build 18362.418,
    Outlook 2013 (Part of office 2103) .

I have a pst file stored at
    C:\Users\Julian\Documents\Outlook Files\L: [email protected]

I have a Storage drive where my backups are stored. I also keep a complete image of from my last PC that was replaced by my current PC.

This afternoon I was searching for pst file and found four seperate files, named L: [email protected], all with a time stamp a minute old. Why.

Why is this happening?

TIA

-Julian

:)

jjthomas, Oct 20, 2019

2. Lots of Should-Be Non-existant Files

thanks. i scrolled through the first 500ish and moved most to a remote directory. if that goes well for a while, i'll delete that directory and move on to the next 500ish in the list.

theres no point in leaving those empty files right? the ones that contained data i actually looked through, but the rest i just selected them all and moved (soon to be deleted).

swimdude0614, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Oct 20, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Why is Outlook storing files on a non-existent directory? - Similar Threads - Why Outlook storing

2. Undeletable non-existent file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undeletable non-existent file?: Hi, I was creating a download manager on my laptop and while testing the app I managed to somehow make an undeletable file which cannot be deleted because "The system cannot find the file specified." even though it shows in file explorer and the command line.I have tried so...
  3. Undeletable non-existent file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undeletable non-existent file?: Hi, I was creating a download manager on my laptop and while testing the app I managed to somehow make an undeletable file which cannot be deleted because "The system cannot find the file specified." even though it shows in file explorer and the command line.I have tried so...
  4. How do I unistall a program that is installed in a non existing directory?

How do I unistall a program that is installed in a non existing directory?: When i go to the sistem registry editor, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall , and use the unistall line to unistall the program, the unistaller of the program starts but gives me an error saying obviously that he can't find the right...
  5. How do I unistall a program that is installed in a non existing directory?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I unistall a program that is installed in a non existing directory?: When i go to the sistem registry editor, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall , and use the unistall line to unistall the program, the unistaller of the program starts but gives me an error saying obviously that he can't find the right...
  6. How do I unistall a program that is installed in a non existing directory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Microsoft store games taking up space with non-existent files + Support non functional.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store games taking up space with non-existent files + Support non functional.: A very long time ago I attempted to install a few of the Elder Scrolls games onto my computer from the Microsoft store onto my F drive which then 'installed' to this location: ' F:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps '. I left them to install and they never opened whatsoever,...
  8. Microsoft store games taking up space with non-existent files + Support non functional.

Microsoft store games taking up space with non-existent files + Support non functional.: A very long time ago I attempted to install a few of the Elder Scrolls games onto my computer from the Microsoft store onto my F drive which then 'installed' to this location: ' F:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps '. I left them to install and they never opened whatsoever,...
  9. Microsoft store games taking up space with non-existent files + Support non functional.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Why does windows think it's installed on a non-existent directory?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does windows think it's installed on a non-existent directory?: I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. (upgraded from windows 7 ultimate 64 bit) I was annoyed that it chose a username that I didn't like so I updated the registry & so forth to change it and it worked fine... the only thing that was goofy after is that the start menu and...