Windows 10: Why is pc recovery stuck?

Discus and support Why is pc recovery stuck? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Bought a pre owned laptop I know Had some issues with crashes then eventually it failed to boot.Did a re install of Windows which helped til I shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wents m, May 30, 2023.

1. wents m Win User

Why is pc recovery stuck?

Bought a pre owned laptop I know Had some issues with crashes then eventually it failed to boot.Did a re install of Windows which helped til I shut down then same issue.I managed to do a diagnostic before shutting down and apparently my SSD was at fault so I bought a new one and tried again. No matter how many times I try it gets stuck at 71%, the ssd light stops blinking and the fan cranks to max.Any help would be appreciated

:)

wents m, May 30, 2023

2. android recovery and kernel.img

For thouse who CAN help...:I can't enter adb (device not recognized), can't flash using stock recovery (don't really know the steps and stuck at triage and dead android when in recovery),

ELiTRiGG3R, May 30, 2023
  3. stuck in recovery

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that your computer is stuck in Automatic repair loop. In this case, I would suggest you to try the following methods:

Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer except essential devices like keyboard and mouse and then boot the computer and check. Sometimes, issues with external devices could cause issues with Windows startup. If the issue still persists,
    try the following methods.

Method 1: Run SFC/SCANNOW command in Windows 10:

• Left click on Start button.

• Right click on Command Prompt (Admin) option which will let you run
      'Run as administrator’.

• Command Prompt Window pops up.

• Type: SFC /SCANNOW and hit Enter.

You can also follow the link below for reference:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

Try the following steps to run DISM scan to check and restore system file corruption:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Method 2: If the above steps didn’t fix the issue, then I would suggest you to perform a system restore to an earlier date prior to this issue. Refer to these steps to perform a system restore from within the Windows recovery
    environment:

• When you enter the blue screen with advanced options (Windows recovery environment), click on ‘Troubleshoot’.
    • Now, click on ‘Advanced options’ and then click on ‘System Restore’.
    • Follow the prompts and choose a restore point created before this issue started.

Please let us know how it goes. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, May 30, 2023
  4. Why is pc recovery stuck?

Unable to boot the PC, stuck in recovery mode screen​

Hi Joe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to boot the PC normally as it is stuck in recovery mode.

1. Were there any recent updates installed on the PC?
    2. What is the exact make and model of the PC?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Boot the PC into safe mode with networking and check if you are able to login. Refer the article to

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    From a black or blank screen.

Method 2:

Perform a system restore to revert the PC back to the state when everything was working fine. Refer the article

Recovery options in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

Note:
    Do not reset the PC; resetting the PC will remove all the data and installed programs from the PC.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 30, 2023
Thema:

Why is pc recovery stuck?

1. Why is pc recovery stuck? - Similar Threads - Why recovery stuck

2. Why is pc recovery stuck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is pc recovery stuck?: Bought a pre owned laptop I know Had some issues with crashes then eventually it failed to boot.Did a re install of Windows which helped til I shut down then same issue.I managed to do a diagnostic before shutting down and apparently my SSD was at fault so I bought a new one...
  3. Why is pc recovery stuck?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is pc recovery stuck?: Bought a pre owned laptop I know Had some issues with crashes then eventually it failed to boot.Did a re install of Windows which helped til I shut down then same issue.I managed to do a diagnostic before shutting down and apparently my SSD was at fault so I bought a new one...
  4. Pc stuck on recovery blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc stuck on recovery blue screen: I’m asking how to fixRecovery your pc/device needs to be repaired A required device isn’t connected or can be accessed You’ll need to use recovery tools. If you don’t have any instillation media like a disc or usb device contact your PC administrator or Pc/Device...
  5. Pc stuck on recovery blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck on recovery blue screen: I’m asking how to fixRecovery your pc/device needs to be repaired A required device isn’t connected or can be accessed You’ll need to use recovery tools. If you don’t have any instillation media like a disc or usb device contact your PC administrator or Pc/Device...
  6. Pc stuck on recovery blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC stuck in windows recovery loop

PC stuck in windows recovery loop: So I wanted to restore my whole PC so it’s all fresh again and maybe speed it up, so I started to restore it. It got to 100% and then it brought me to the blue page where it says stuff like select your country, keyboard layout etc. Obviously I put United Kingdom. So all that...
  8. My pc stuck in recovery mode

My pc stuck in recovery mode: my pc had recently run into problems crashing etc. I decided to reset my pc with files in the recovery options. Now my pc is stuck in the recovery options when i boot it up. I've tried commands, resetting again it wont let me and automatic repair. Please help...
  9. Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop: I bought this computer last week, and I screwed up my carbonite restore (I agreed to the default, which pointed it at the boot drive rather than the data drive) and so I decided to reset the computer to defaults and start over. So I went to Recovery and then Reset this PC,...
  10. My PC is stuck in a recovery loop

My PC is stuck in a recovery loop: My PC is stuck in a recovery loop. I have tried to wipe it and boot it from a Windows usb and disk and tried wiping the hard drive using someone else computer and only 200gb shows instead of 3tb...