Windows 10: Why is photo app saving pictures of my mail that appear in my email inbox from USPS...

Discus and support Why is photo app saving pictures of my mail that appear in my email inbox from USPS... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; USPS has a feature called informed delivery that you sign up for, every day a photo of the email that is due to be delivered that day is sent to you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by a2sleepy, Mar 19, 2023.

1. a2sleepy Win User

Why is photo app saving pictures of my mail that appear in my email inbox from USPS...

USPS has a feature called informed delivery that you sign up for, every day a photo of the email that is due to be delivered that day is sent to you via email. I just realized that I have hundreds of photos of mail that I certainly don't want to save. How can I stop this from happening? Going through that many pictures in order to delete them is a daunting task

:)

a2sleepy, Mar 19, 2023
  2. ecbritz Win User

Windows 10 Mail App deleting emails in my Gmail Inbox

When I delete an email received in my Win 10 Mail App inbox, the same email is also deleted in my Gmail inbox, automatically. I would like to prevent this. Emails deleted from my Mail App should be left behind in my Gmail inbox. Could I prevent this deletion from happening by changing an IMAP Access setting in my Gmail settings?

I attach two pictures. In the one, you can see how my Win 10 Mail App was configured by Windows when I added my Gmail account. In the other picture, you can see what I consider changing in my IMAP settings at GMail. I have no idea if this will help and whether I should make this change. I am fairly computer-illiterate.

Could somebody advise me please?

ecbritz, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    contact pictures not showing in mail app

The next troubleshooting step we suggest is to uninstall and reinstall the Mail app. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button.

• Type Windows Powershell.

• Right-click Windows Powershell and click
      Run as
      Administrator.

• Type Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage

• Press Enter.

Note: The Mail app and the Calendar app are tied together, so the Calendar app will get uninstalled as well.

After uninstalling the Mail app, restart your computer. You can then reinstall it by following these steps:

• Click the Start button.

• Type Windows Powershell.

• Right-click Windows Powershell and click
      Run as Administrator.

• Type Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

• Press Enter.

When choosing a contact photo, the Photos app would show the pictures under the "Collection" tab by default. You can click the last icon, which would bring you to the "Folders"
    tab. You can then browse the folders in your computer for the picture you want.

Why is photo app saving pictures of my mail that appear in my email inbox from USPS... ffd35697-b8c1-4d10-85d8-efb7ef132dc3.png

Let us know if the contact photos appear in the Mail app after reinstalling it.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Why is photo app saving pictures of my mail that appear in my email inbox from USPS...

save photo from email

Hi Roz,

We suggest that you add your save/download file location to Sources under
    Photos app Settings, so that after downloading the attachment from your email it will automatically sync to the Photos app. Follow the steps below to add a folder in Sources:

• Open Photos app > Click the three dot icon on the upper right >
      Settings.
    • Select Add a folder under Sources > Choose a folder location >
      Add this folder to Pictures.
    To categorize your photos, you may create an album to organize it. Click this
    link
    to learn how to organized into albums.

We'll be here if you need additional assistance.

Regile Reb, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

Why is photo app saving pictures of my mail that appear in my email inbox from USPS...

1. Why is photo app saving pictures of my mail that appear in my email inbox from USPS... - Similar Threads - Why photo app

2. Why is photo app saving pictures of my mail that appear in my email inbox from USPS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is photo app saving pictures of my mail that appear in my email inbox from USPS...: USPS has a feature called informed delivery that you sign up for, every day a photo of the email that is due to be delivered that day is sent to you via email. I just realized that I have hundreds of photos of mail that I certainly don't want to save. How can I stop this from...
  3. Forgot my Pin and there's no email appearing in my inbox.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot my Pin and there's no email appearing in my inbox.: Hello everyone, so my problem today is that I have forgotten my pin and there's no code being delivered to my inbox,email. So I will begin from the start how I reached to this problem. So I logged into my Microsoft account on my computer and for the computer to be secured a...
  4. Forgot my Pin and there's no email appearing in my inbox.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my Pin and there's no email appearing in my inbox.: Hello everyone, so my problem today is that I have forgotten my pin and there's no code being delivered to my inbox,email. So I will begin from the start how I reached to this problem. So I logged into my Microsoft account on my computer and for the computer to be secured a...
  5. Forgot my Pin and there's no email appearing in my inbox.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. There is no mail in my inbox.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no mail in my inbox.: Somehow all my email was deleted, and I haven't received any emails for the past 4 days. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-mail-in-my-inbox/55cf8e73-4ffb-4eb0-99b5-da60eef68f9f
  7. There is no mail in my inbox.

There is no mail in my inbox.: Somehow all my email was deleted, and I haven't received any emails for the past 4 days. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-mail-in-my-inbox/55cf8e73-4ffb-4eb0-99b5-da60eef68f9f
  8. Why is there ads in my inbox in the Windows Mail app.

Why is there ads in my inbox in the Windows Mail app.: Ads showing up in my inbox like emails. Completely unacceptable.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/why-is-there-ads-in-my-inbox-in-the-windows-mail/0937f234-aa35-4bc3-9c7f-94038ca87748
  9. Windows 10 Mail App deleting emails in my Gmail Inbox

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App deleting emails in my Gmail Inbox: When I delete an email received in my Win 10 Mail App inbox, the same email is also deleted in my Gmail inbox, automatically. I would like to prevent this. Emails deleted from my Mail App should be left behind in my Gmail inbox. Could I prevent this deletion from happening by...
  10. Windows Mail App - Inbox Not Receiving Incoming Email

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App - Inbox Not Receiving Incoming Email: Using the Windows 10 native mail app with my Outlook.com account any email sent to me goes into a folder with my email address. Nothing ever shows up in the "Inbox" folder. Is there a way to change that? 73891