Windows 10: Why is "photos" app of windows running?

Discus and support Why is "photos" app of windows running? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why is "photos" app of windows running? I never use it, but somehow it is always open in the background, eating away memory. I only bought a new pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ImTiredOfScreenNames, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Why is "photos" app of windows running?

Why is "photos" app of windows running?

I never use it, but somehow it is always open in the background, eating away memory. I only bought a new pc for it had the extra memory so Dragon Naturally Speeking wouldn't crash... well it crashes again

So how can I stop photos from even starting.

And why is "Zoeken" (search) running and unstoppable... I stop the process ,but it reappears in no time. Can I turn it off, or does my windows session die when I do this?

Please stop W10 from sneaking behind my back!!!

And please don't say I should not have bought a pc with W10 if I don't like it... W7 is no longer available on new pc's ALAS!!!!!
    Could it be brought back, like say a "retro fashion" ???

:)

ImTiredOfScreenNames, Oct 17, 2018

2. Windows 10 Photos app doesn't run.

Hi,

Incompatible software installed in your PC can conflict with Windows apps and cause performance issues. We can suggest several troubleshooting steps to isolate and resolve the issue. As an initial recommendation, you can run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    . This will identify the cause of the issue and provide you further suggestions for troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, you can uninstall the Photos app and reinstall it by doing the steps below:

• Type Windows PowerShell in the search box at the taksbar.
    • In the search results, right click on Windows PowerShell and
      Run as administrator.
    • On the Powershell prompt, type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage.
    • Press Enter.
    • Once uninstalled, you can reinstall the app from this
      link

Let us know if the suggestions above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 17, 2018
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Why is "photos" app of windows running?

windows photo app.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.
    • Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the following command.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.

After uninstalling the Photo app I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Mail app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/microsoft-photos/9wzdncrfjbh4

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Why is "photos" app of windows running?

1. Why is "photos" app of windows running? - Similar Threads - Why photos app

2. The taskbar, the settings, the RUN app, or any other windows app(photos, calculator..) is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The taskbar, the settings, the RUN app, or any other windows app(photos, calculator..) is...: [ATTACH] So basically my PC runs fine, i can use anything apart from the above, but it’s driving me crazy, i’ve been trying everything i find for the past 2 days, like (Dism online…or sfc/scannow) or restaring explorer, i tried some others i find here...
  3. Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow: This is Hem from Vadodara City, Gujarat State, India Country I wanted your guidance as you would be the lender of the last resort ! In my PC home & Office , Microsoft Photos app doesn’t work as expected, it takes around 25-30 seconds to open a single picture file which was...
  4. Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow: This is Hem from Vadodara City, Gujarat State, India Country I wanted your guidance as you would be the lender of the last resort ! In my PC home & Office , Microsoft Photos app doesn’t work as expected, it takes around 25-30 seconds to open a single picture file which was...
  5. Microsoft Photos App running considerably slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Why does editing a photo with Photos app block the file?

Why does editing a photo with Photos app block the file?: When I edit a photo in the Photos app and rotate it 1 degree and save it, the file properties shows that it is "blocked" because it came from another computer. it was created on this same computer and was not initially blocked.Why would this happen? Answer: It makes no...
  7. Window 10 Photo App: Why not:-

Window 10 Photo App: Why not:-: Why not:- export/make available the fundamental Information about the handled photos as a simple SQLite database. I.e. for each photo: path, name, inherent tagging information e.g. Exif, dog, house,..., user provided tagging information You already have the info in a...
  8. why is the photos app no longer on file explorer ?

why is the photos app no longer on file explorer ?: since the last update the photos app is no longer able to be pinned to quick access on file explorer. it keeps saying catastrophe failure. i have been using photos app to upload pictures online for years instead of going through the pictures folder. any ideas?...
  9. Photos wont open images and windows apps run then crash.

Photos wont open images and windows apps run then crash.: Basically i was trying to open some images and a error message popped up saying "The app didn't start" then i realised that it was photo's fault as it couldnt even open and when i try to open the store, it runs then crashes. Ive tried alotta solutions from 2015 but non seem...
  10. Why does Microsoft Photos App stop importing photos?

Why does Microsoft Photos App stop importing photos?: I have read many posts about problems importing into the Photos App in Windows 10, but none of the answers work for me and my problem seems different (kind of). I have a Dell 9020 computer with a quad Core i5, 120GB SSD and 8GB of RAM (not that this should make any...