Windows 10: Why is Powerpoint starting every time I start my computer?

Discus and support Why is Powerpoint starting every time I start my computer? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have never asked it to be a startup program. Such option does not seem to be in the Powerpoint Options. It is not present on the Startup tab of Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pjcamp, May 6, 2020.

1. pjcamp Win User

Why is Powerpoint starting every time I start my computer?

I have never asked it to be a startup program. Such option does not seem to be in the Powerpoint Options. It is not present on the Startup tab of Task Manager. It is not present in Settings startup. It is not present in the startup folder when I run shell:startup. It is not present in the Registry run key, Leaving aside the fact that it is brain damaged to spread this function over so many different places, there is at least one more hidden place that insists on running Powerpoint every time I start my computer. I want to see Powerpoint about 2% of the time, not 100%.n How do I make it stop?

:)

pjcamp, May 6, 2020
  2. jaydeee Win User

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Why is Powerpoint starting every time I start my computer? :)

jaydeee, May 6, 2020
  3. slow start up * 6 times slower

Hi Ali,

The slow start up on your computer may be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the root cause, we need to gather additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • are you getting any error messages when starting up your computer? If so, can you send us a screenshot? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.
    In the meantime, we suggest that you boot the computer in Safe Mode. This will start your Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. Please follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Once in Safe Mode, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, May 6, 2020
  4. Why is Powerpoint starting every time I start my computer?

PowerPoint 2016 high CPU usage after file is saved

Hi,

There's a possibility that an add-in that is installed and enabled in PowerPoint is causing the problem. For us to sort this out, we suggest checking the add-ins in PowerPoint and verify if a
    CoPentaBar add-in is enabled. Follow these steps:

• Start PowerPoint.
    • On the File menu, click Options.
    • Then, click Add-ins.
    • At the bottom of the Add-Ins dialog box, select COM Add-ins and then click
      Go.
    • Click to disable the CoPentaBar add-in.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Why is Powerpoint starting every time I start my computer?

1. Why is Powerpoint starting every time I start my computer? - Similar Threads - Why Powerpoint starting

2. Computer BSOD every time steam starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD every time steam starts: Hello,My computer started BSODing on startup after the login screen. The attached image appears whenever SyncThing launches. First, I reseated both of my RAM sticks and the issue persisted. Then, I went into safe mode and the issue stopped happening. I disabled Steam which...
  3. Computer BSOD every time steam starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer BSOD every time steam starts: Hello,My computer started BSODing on startup after the login screen. The attached image appears whenever SyncThing launches. First, I reseated both of my RAM sticks and the issue persisted. Then, I went into safe mode and the issue stopped happening. I disabled Steam which...
  4. Remove sign in every time I start my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove sign in every time I start my computer: How can I remove every sign in option like PIN sign in and password every time I start my computer. I just want to use my computer with no sign in, lock screen what so ever...
  5. Remove sign in every time I start my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove sign in every time I start my computer: How can I remove every sign in option like PIN sign in and password every time I start my computer. I just want to use my computer with no sign in, lock screen what so ever...
  6. Remove sign in every time I start my computer

7. My Computer Resets every time I start it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Computer Resets every time I start it: So every time I start my computer and log in my backgrounds, some of my apps, and everything I downloaded the last time I used it is deleted. Some apps stays like AVG antivirus after I starts it again. All settings I editet is also gone. When I start it always says Preparing...
  8. My Computer Resets every time I start it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Resets every time I start it: So every time I start my computer and log in my backgrounds, some of my apps, and everything I downloaded the last time I used it is deleted. Some apps stays like AVG antivirus after I starts it again. All settings I editet is also gone. When I start it always says Preparing...
  9. My Computer Resets every time I start it

10. application error almost every time i start my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    application error almost every time i start my computer: hello. i have this problem with my windows laptop every time i start it with a notifications about application error. i have searched about the same problem and said that i need to delete the wondershare. but when i try, it says that i need an administration permission to...