Windows 10: Why is Product Key not supplied with new Laptop

Discus and support Why is Product Key not supplied with new Laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop and only has Miscrosoft Product Key ID# on the box. I am now struggling to get the product key to activate word, excel, etc. Why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SthembileNdlela, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Why is Product Key not supplied with new Laptop

I bought a new laptop and only has Miscrosoft Product Key ID# on the box. I am now struggling to get the product key to activate word, excel, etc. Why are you guys putting us through hell after purchasing your products????

:)

SthembileNdlela, Nov 18, 2020
  2. L Burgo Win User

New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key

Hi and thanks DaveM121 for the prompt reply.

I followed the instructions supplied by the DELL email but in the end Windows would not automatically activate. I just found an answer by following this below google result instructions:

Find Windows 10 Product Key on a New Computer

1. Press Windows key + X.
    2. Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    3. At the command prompt, type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. This will reveal the product key. Volume License Product Key Activation.

I copied the key and entered it into the option to change product key (not that one was entered as it said it was inactive in red text). FWIW, I never got a product key in any form suggested by the problem solving suggestions
    wormhole link I found in Settings. Apologies if this is a basic newbie issue. It has been doing my head in for the last couple of hours.

Anyway, greatly appreciate your time. Thanks again DaveM121.

L Burgo, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Product Key illegible, Toshiba laptop

Just some thoughts.

Are any of these letters and numerals legible ???

You could try a magnifying glass whilst highlighting the sticker with a LED torch.

Place the torch light at different angles around the sticker.

Do the same with the magnifying glass.

Try all angles.

There have been times that i have managed to retrieve the Product Key using this method.

By the way when you say it wont boot what is actually happening ???

Does it show anything at all on the screen when trying to boot.

• Have you tried to get it into Safe Mode using the F8 Key. ( You might be able to do a restore or recovery from there ).
    • Try entering the BIOS using the DELETE Key.
    • To enter Safe Mode and or the BIOS repetitively tap the Keys that i have mentioned at one second intervals whilst starting the laptop.

( As the laptop is 10 years old i wonder if the BIOS / CMOS 3Volt Button Cell Battery is still functioning, which i doubt )

When this 3 volt button cell dies the computer will be unable to remember its hardware settings but this usually promotes a on screen error relating to BIOS and Date / Time Settings at boot.

The below link supplied lists what the F Keys ( function keys ) do.

Though some of these may not correspond to your Toshiba Laptop as we don`t know the Model Number.

F8 Key – Guide for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8

Frank N St31n, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Why is Product Key not supplied with new Laptop

Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Why is Product Key not supplied with new Laptop

1. Why is Product Key not supplied with new Laptop - Similar Threads - Why Product Key

2. Non supply of laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non supply of laptop: This is quite a convoluted story so please bear with me.My client has had a laptop funded by the NDIS. I have only just started providing services to this client so have had to trawl back through all the information to try and work out what has happened. The laptop. a Surface...
  3. Non supply of laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non supply of laptop: This is quite a convoluted story so please bear with me.My client has had a laptop funded by the NDIS. I have only just started providing services to this client so have had to trawl back through all the information to try and work out what has happened. The laptop. a Surface...
  4. How to get product key of office in new laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get product key of office in new laptop?: guys i've bought a new laptop Asus it says it included office but where do i find the product key to activate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-product-key-of-office-in-new-laptop/aec47e45-0098-4afe-a3b5-9a75cc93dbd7
  5. How to get product key of office in new laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get product key of office in new laptop?: guys i've bought a new laptop Asus it says it included office but where do i find the product key to activate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-product-key-of-office-in-new-laptop/aec47e45-0098-4afe-a3b5-9a75cc93dbd7
  6. product key for a new laptop digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key for a new laptop digital license: Hi there, about 5 months ago i paid $99 to upgrade from windows 10 home to pro, then last month my laptop burnt litraly, motherboard gone, today i finally got a new one after a month at dealer, anyway i got this one again with windows 10 home, i need to upgrade it to pro...
  7. Windows 7 trial (no product key supplied) to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 trial (no product key supplied) to Windows 10: Hi, I have recently moved to a new hardrive and currently running free version of Windows 7. The laptop is 7 years old. Question: 1) Will Windows allow to upgrade to Windows 10 from free version of Windows7? 2) Is it better to buy a new Windows 10 and keep the old machine...
  8. New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key: Hi there, 1st time Windows user (always had a Mac). Bought a DELL G5 5590. Having trouble finding where the windoes activation key is. It says that Windows 10 is included in the purchase but there is no CD/ USB or written key anywhere in the package. Logged into the...
  9. new product key

new product key: from 2nd april 2019 a pop-up message is shown in my aspire 315-51_z( windows 10 pro) that was manufactured on july 2018 which says that "your licence will expire on 2nd may 2019".by encoding the message i came to know that i have to get a new product key from my system...
  10. product key used for new laptop

product key used for new laptop: I got a new laptop and using the same product key used for my previous one can the same key work on the new laptop or do I have to buy another subscription ? the last subscription was bought 4 days back and trying to disable on the older laptop...