Windows 10: Why is RFC 1323 Timestamps disabled by default?

Discus and support Why is RFC 1323 Timestamps disabled by default? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Despite some literature reference, RFC 1323, and therefore both Window Scaling and TCP timestamps are disabled by default in Windows 10 at least. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomBarbette, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Why is RFC 1323 Timestamps disabled by default?

Despite some literature reference, RFC 1323, and therefore both Window Scaling and TCP timestamps are disabled by default in Windows 10 at least.

It would be interesting for our research team to understand why, as it limits the bandwidth of TCP streams, and other important high-speed features.

:)

TomBarbette, Dec 20, 2019
  2. RodMayall Win User

Windows 10

Got this response:

TCP Global Parameters

----------------------------------------------

Receive-Side Scaling State : enabled

Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level : disabled

Add-On Congestion Control Provider : default

ECN Capability : disabled

RFC 1323 Timestamps : disabled

Initial RTO : 1000

Receive Segment Coalescing State : enabled

Non Sack Rtt Resiliency : disabled

Max SYN Retransmissions : 4

Fast Open : enabled

Fast Open Fallback : enabled

HyStart : enabled

Pacing Profile : off

RodMayall, Dec 20, 2019
  3. pml_ Win User
    How to disable Last Accessed date ( timestamp ) on FAT32 file system?

Scope of that article is how to *enable* the last accessed timestamp as it's disabled by default on NTFS drives.

Was it any special steps you were thinking about? I've already tried the fsutil command (see above); without rebooting though.

4. kormath Win User

Why is RFC 1323 Timestamps disabled by default?

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Why is RFC 1323 Timestamps disabled by default? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Why is RFC 1323 Timestamps disabled by default?

1. Why is RFC 1323 Timestamps disabled by default? - Similar Threads - Why RFC 1323

2. TimeStamp In Security Events

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TimeStamp In Security Events: I came across a weird issue of timestamp in security events.When I am fetching the logs to SIEM system via RPC, the raw event that I see has a field called TimeCreated. The value of this fields looks like epoch time however, when I am converting the timestamp, it doesn't...
  3. why hibernate option disabled by default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why hibernate option disabled by default: Hi Team,I would like to know why hibernate option is disabled by default in windows 10 & 11. Earlier it used to be enabled before win 7. Is there any negative impact of enabling it?...
  4. why hibernate option disabled by default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why hibernate option disabled by default: Hi Team,I would like to know why hibernate option is disabled by default in windows 10 & 11. Earlier it used to be enabled before win 7. Is there any negative impact of enabling it?...
  5. Incorrect timestamp

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect timestamp: In windows settings the timezone is selected to auto but it's picking up wrong timestamp. It was working fine before the factory reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-timestamp/5d425490-ecd4-449f-8e5d-fbb5a7bd6a36
  6. What services are disabled by default in Windows 10 IOT and why are they disabled?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What services are disabled by default in Windows 10 IOT and why are they disabled?: What services are disabled by default in Windows 10 IOT and why are they disabled? I am particularly interested in these services below but I should probably get info on all the disabled services. Server TCP/IP NetBios Helper WebClient Windows Search Windows Time...
  7. Accessing timestamps on videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing timestamps on videos: My apologies if this is not appropriate for this forum, but I can't find the answer anywhere. Plenty of sites tell me how to insert timestamps as the video creator, but none on how to access them as a viewer. I am using some video excellent comprehensive tutorials to learn...
  8. Filehistory timestamp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Filehistory timestamp: How can I eliminate all but the most recent file in filehistory WITHOUT USING Win10's file history program? My final objective is to end up each of the most recent copy of a file, without the timestamp in a clean folder structure so that I can copy back into my documents...
  9. Why is system restore disabled by default?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Why is system restore disabled by default?: Any ideas? I understand, that 10 relies on reset/refresh, but disabling SR is a bit drastic. *Shock Especially taking into account, how many flaws are in 10 right now, I wonder how it made RTM. 11443
  10. Win 10 Install Plan RFC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Install Plan RFC: Please comment on the following plan. I intend to a. Buy a new 1 TB HD and install Win7 Home Premium on it. b. Set a Restore point on my existing Win7 HD c. Hold in reserve my original Win 7 HD d. Boot the new intsall and wait for Win 7 to ask if I want to Install Win...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. RFC 1323 Timestamps

2. enable rfc 1323 timestamps