Windows 10: Why is set CpuPriorityClass no longer working since Windows update 20H2?

Discus and support Why is set CpuPriorityClass no longer working since Windows update 20H2? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Prior to Windows version 20H2 I used "Image File Execution Options" to set "CpuPriorityClass" to real-time for all my games but after version 20H2 this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PhilippeHeroux, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Why is set CpuPriorityClass no longer working since Windows update 20H2?

Prior to Windows version 20H2 I used "Image File Execution Options" to set "CpuPriorityClass" to real-time for all my games but after version 20H2 this is no longer working?

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\

:)

PhilippeHeroux, Jan 19, 2021
  2. erocker Win User

Windows 98 and ME no longer updatable...

Quite right, XP is still listed in technet. Win 98 unfortunately isn't. Windows 3.1 and 3.2 are listed though.

erocker, Jan 19, 2021
  3. elbeasto Win User
    Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Why is set CpuPriorityClass no longer working since Windows update 20H2?

Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Why is set CpuPriorityClass no longer working since Windows update 20H2?

1. Why is set CpuPriorityClass no longer working since Windows update 20H2? - Similar Threads - Why set CpuPriorityClass

2. why is Microsoft Photos no longer working the same since updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is Microsoft Photos no longer working the same since updates?: these are the 2 errors I get when trying to open a photo to view and edit. I was told by Dropbox this is a Microsoft issue. I've tried to reinstall Micrsosoft Photo but all it does is circle around. Been trying for over a week and not having success. Any ideas would be...
  3. why is Microsoft Photos no longer working the same since updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is Microsoft Photos no longer working the same since updates?: these are the 2 errors I get when trying to open a photo to view and edit. I was told by Dropbox this is a Microsoft issue. I've tried to reinstall Micrsosoft Photo but all it does is circle around. Been trying for over a week and not having success. Any ideas would be...
  4. No audio since 20H2 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio since 20H2 update.: My realtek based onboard sound no longer works. It shows it's playing sound but nothing comes out my speakers. My bluetooth headphones (soundcore Life Q20) function normally. I had fixed it with a modded driver but after a few reboots it no longer works again. Everything was...
  5. Windows Mail not working properly since 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Mail not working properly since 20H2 update: I am running Windows 10 Home 20H2, OS Build 19042.685 Since the 20H2 update every time I open Windows Mail App it ramps the fans up, but task manager displays 0% for all tabs When the app opens, emails will load but then freeze and this happens 90% of the time! If the mail...
  6. Cortana no longer working on 20h2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana no longer working on 20h2: Hi. I upgraded from 1909 to 20h2. I tried using Cortana but it says Cortana isn't available in my country. However when I was on 1909, it worked flawlessly. submitted by /u/ProGamer1151 [link] [comments]...
  7. Start Menu no longer working 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu no longer working 20H2: I updated my windows 10 Pro to version 20H2 this morning and now my start menu is no longer working. I have tried other accounts on the PC and they appear to be working fine, so it's just affecting my main account. Anyone experienced this or have a fix? Many thanks 169078
  8. Keyboard not working properly since 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard not working properly since 20H2 update: Since I updated to the 20H2 version, my laptop has been having issues with some keyboards 3, e, d & c. I could resolve the problem by pressing e, d and c at the same time but this morning I did another update and there's no way to make those keys work. Is there a way to fix...
  9. Office scanners no longer work since update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Office scanners no longer work since update: WHY do I constantly have issues after an update? Now not one of my scanners work in my office. Anyone have a solutions for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-scanners-no-longer-work-since-update/fa52b769-e35d-4cc9-8a2b-8238c544624a
  10. Self-Signed Certificates no longer working since update

in Windows 10 Support
    Self-Signed Certificates no longer working since update: Morning all, annoyingly Windows decided to update itself over the weekend and rebooted my PC. This also happened with a few other work PCs and left users unable to login for an hour while it forced the update on us. Luckily we only have a handful of Win 10 PCs and decided...