Windows 10: Why is sharing a file from computer A to computer B literally more complex than splitting...

Discus and support Why is sharing a file from computer A to computer B literally more complex than splitting... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 2 computers Wndows 10 latest all updated. Private wif network, not connected to the internet. Both Admin accounts logged in. Each Pc pings the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrunoMartelli, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Why is sharing a file from computer A to computer B literally more complex than splitting...

2 computers Wndows 10 latest all updated. Private wif network, not connected to the internet. Both Admin accounts logged in. Each Pc pings the other and I can stream mocap data from one to the other. All firewalls off. All network discovery on. All permissions set to EVERYONE. READ /WRITE.

Why doesnt it work

Honestly Microsoft it's 2019 - I only want to move a file from one PC to another without walking it across the room on USB. Why is it so f****** hard?

Have spent several days reconfiguring, looking at tutorials, combing google etc.

:)

BrunoMartelli, Sep 9, 2019
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Sep 9, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 7 File Sharing between computers, PROBLEMS!!

Just do a file transfer in explorer from one computer to the other and see what speed you get. I would suggest avoiding homegroup and using a proper network setup instead.

newtekie1, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Darkitec Win User

Why is sharing a file from computer A to computer B literally more complex than splitting...

sharing files between computers.

Let me be clear. I have a windows 7 computer and a windows 10 computer, I'm having a hideous time trying to share files between the computers, (I
    DO NOT WANT TO USE AN ONLINE FILE SHARING SYSTEM TO SHARE THE FILES.) I.E. Onedrive.

both computers are on the same network

both computers on in the same workgroup

Network discovery is turned on, both computers

file and printer sharing is ON - both computers

sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the public folders is turned
    on - both computers

128 bit encryption is turned on - both computers

password protected sharing is turned off both computers

allow windows to manage homegroup connections is turned on in the windows 7 computer

I am NOT using after market virus protection, I am using windows defender.

I have shared the C drive of both computers and changed permissions to everyone.

The windows 10 computer does not see the windows 7 computer at all

The windows 7 computer can see the windows 10 computer but I cannot open the directory. ("make sure the computer or device is turned on and connected to the network") Duh, it's showing up in the network computer list, so It's obviously turned on and connected
    to the network, it's just a crappy operating system that is locking me out of the network drive.

Since some A.-hole did away with home group, How do I get this to work?

Darkitec, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Why is sharing a file from computer A to computer B literally more complex than splitting...

1. Why is sharing a file from computer A to computer B literally more complex than splitting... - Similar Threads - Why sharing file

2. Remote Desktop only works from Computer A to Computer B, to Computer C, but not directly...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop only works from Computer A to Computer B, to Computer C, but not directly...: Hello.I have an issue with Windows 10 RDP.I have 2 computers on a local network, Computer B and computer C. I connect to this network using a VPN solution.Computer B has a username and password. I have no problems connecting to this computer.Computer C doesnt have a password,...
  3. Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive: I have two internal and two external drives. I wanted to switch one internal drive's operating system, but the computer only boots into a single drive. System configuration and Disk Management detect all the drives. Changing boot order from BIOS does nothing....
  4. Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Will Not Reboot Into More Than One Drive: I have two internal and two external drives. I wanted to switch one internal drive's operating system, but the computer only boots into a single drive. System configuration and Disk Management detect all the drives. Changing boot order from BIOS does nothing....
  5. Why desktop computers are more expensive than smartphones in the market?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why desktop computers are more expensive than smartphones in the market?: Like a new desktop computer it's price 300 dollars and above While a price of a smartphone is 100 dollars and above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-desktop-computers-are-more-expensive-than/576f30c1-2b7e-4752-8919-a728d0f26fdc
  6. Why desktop computers are more expensive than smartphones in the market?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why desktop computers are more expensive than smartphones in the market?: Like a new desktop computer it's price 300 dollars and above While a price of a smartphone is 100 dollars and above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-desktop-computers-are-more-expensive-than/576f30c1-2b7e-4752-8919-a728d0f26fdc
  7. Why desktop computers are more expensive than smartphones in the market?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. using the same iso file in more than a computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    using the same iso file in more than a computers: is it legal to use the same windows iso file in other computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-the-same-iso-file-in-more-than-a-computers/63094127-e316-4572-846f-aedbf2779aba
  9. Copied files in Computer B does not show up in Computer A

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copied files in Computer B does not show up in Computer A: Hi All, I have a strange problem. This is with two Win 10 computers and a 2.5in SSD I have an internal connected directly to the motherboard 2.5in SSD 1TB in Computer A with WIN10 nothing else. So it is almost empty. I took it out because I wanted to copy a lot of files from...
  10. Why is literal dog feces better *and* more convenient than the microsoft store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why is literal dog feces better *and* more convenient than the microsoft store?: Windows store is garbage. It literally doesnt work. Is there no support whatsoever? Or did microsoft just **** that out and move on to the next big project, some even larger pile of ****?...