Windows 10: Why is so difficult to managae my child's account? I trying to recover/reset his password,...

Discus and support Why is so difficult to managae my child's account? I trying to recover/reset his password,... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cannot access my son's Microsoft account the form asks questions that dont apply, he does receive emails and he doesnt have a gamer ID therefore we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Coding Class, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Why is so difficult to managae my child's account? I trying to recover/reset his password,...

I cannot access my son's Microsoft account the form asks questions that dont apply, he does receive emails and he doesnt have a gamer ID therefore we are receiving "unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership. " email. This is a terrible user experience! It is the primary reason we do not use Microsoft as our primary service.How do I as a parent reset my son's password? The only option should not have to be creating a new account.

:)

Coding Class, Mar 2, 2024

2. Help resetting password on Child Account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

1. What is the error you have received while trying to reset password?
    2. Is the child account a Microsoft Account or a local account?

I can understand that must make you feel upset, and I appreciate your effort that you have taken to resolve this issue.

Assuming you have already tried resetting the password from account.live.com, I don’t wish to suggest you with the same option. I would suggest you to
    refer the article Recover your Microsoft Account
    and also refer the section Tips for filling out the recovery form to recover the issue account.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 2, 2024
  3. Reseting a Childs Password after Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to change the password for your child account. We will assist you with this issue.

• Is your child account configured on the same PC which you are using?
    • Is the child account a Microsoft account or a local account?

If the child account is local account, then try these steps from an administrator user account:

• Press Windows key+ X, select “Control panel’.
    • Click on ‘View by’ option on the top right and change it to “large icons’.
    • Click on ‘user accounts’ and then click on ‘manage another account’
    • In the list, click on the child account and then click on ‘Change password’.

If the child’s account is a Microsoft account, then you can reset the password by following this link:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=238656

Let us know if this helps. We’d be happy to help if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 2, 2024
  4. Why is so difficult to managae my child's account? I trying to recover/reset his password,...

Resetting child's Microsoft account password

A couple of months ago I upgraded to Windows 10 and set up my child with a newly created @outlook account as her Microsoft account. Since then she's been using the PIN to access to her computer, and no longer remembers her password. The account didn't really
    have any activity so there is not much to enter in the form to recover the password. To make matters worse, the phone that was set up to send some recovery code is no longer available as I moved to a different country.

Is there a way for me, with my account that list her as my child to reset the password? I really would like to avoid having to create a new account.

Thank you!

Nestor

NestorNunez, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

Why is so difficult to managae my child's account? I trying to recover/reset his password,...

1. Why is so difficult to managae my child's account? I trying to recover/reset his password,... - Similar Threads - Why difficult managae

2. Why is so difficult to managae my child's account? I trying to recover/reset his password,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is so difficult to managae my child's account? I trying to recover/reset his password,...: I cannot access my son's Microsoft account the form asks questions that dont apply, he does receive emails and he doesnt have a gamer ID therefore we are receiving "unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us...
  3. Why is so difficult to managae my child's account? I trying to recover/reset his password,...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why is so difficult to managae my child's account? I trying to recover/reset his password,...: I cannot access my son's Microsoft account the form asks questions that dont apply, he does receive emails and he doesnt have a gamer ID therefore we are receiving "unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us...
  4. Recover child account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover child account password: Hi,I recently bought gaming computer Windows 11 for my 7-year-old. I created an outlook account for him for windows login. I noted down the password and proceeded to consent form. Things were good so far. I tried logging into my child email account first time using password...
  5. Recover child account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover child account password: Hi,I recently bought gaming computer Windows 11 for my 7-year-old. I created an outlook account for him for windows login. I noted down the password and proceeded to consent form. Things were good so far. I tried logging into my child email account first time using password...
  6. Password reset on child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password reset on child's account: Is there any way other than the forms to reset a child's password for outlook? I set an account up for my son to play Minecraft with but can not remember the password and the forms ask you for passwords I have used. If I knew them I wouldn't need to re-set it...
  7. My Son is asking me for his Child Account Password

My Son is asking me for his Child Account Password: My Son is asking me for his Child Account Password. Would it be necessary for anything for him to do? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-is-asking-me-for-his-child-account-password/756fd2b3-dc59-41b2-84c2-fbdc3a6b49fa
  8. Cannot reset or recover child account

Cannot reset or recover child account: Last year we set up an account for our child on our family account but now we cannot enter his account as we did not have to set a password. There is not enough information for a password reset or a recovery we tried it all. So how can we look into our childs account who has...
  9. Reset Child's account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset Child's account password: I have created an outlook account for my child as required under the family monitoring program. However, the password was not working. With multiple attempt, we are unable to reset the password. Since she was never be able to login, there is no information to retrieve. But...
  10. Child account password reset

Child account password reset: Hi, i created a child account a while back and dont remember the password. Neither i nor my kid has ever signed into that account. So, i cannot answer some if not most of the recovery questions asked to reset the password. questions like who sent you emails, subject line...