Windows 10: Why is storage always full after deleting apps and cleaning disk??

Discus and support Why is storage always full after deleting apps and cleaning disk?? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; STORAGE FULL AFTER DELETING EVERYTHING. SSD: 28.7GB free of 446GB/ Deleted every file and emptied the recycling bin/ Preformed a disk clean up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kleat Talbert, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Why is storage always full after deleting apps and cleaning disk??

STORAGE FULL AFTER DELETING EVERYTHING. SSD: 28.7GB free of 446GB/ Deleted every file and emptied the recycling bin/ Preformed a disk clean up. Settings/ App & Features/ Uninstall programs/ Deleted every app. And still storage is still 28.7GB of 446GB. All answers online do NOT solve the issue. I tried absolutely everything I could think of. I'm a gamer and I'm tired of spending the whole day figuring this out instead of playing the games I cannot download.

:)

Kleat Talbert, Jan 5, 2023

2. Disk Clean-up showing nothing to delete from Recovery Image (DWhy is storage always full after deleting apps and cleaning disk?? :)

Hi Bradley,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Clean up. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to manually delete the temporary files.

Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to delete the temporary files:

• Press Windows logo key + R
      key to run Run Command, type %temp%, and hit
      Enter
    • Delete all the files in the folder.
    • Go to C:/Windows/Prefetch and delete all the files except the
      ReadyBoot folder.
    • Go to C:/Windows/Temp and delete all the files.
    • Restart the computer, and now check the disk space.

We don't recommend you to delete any system default application.

Please write us back, if you still face difficulty with Disk Clean up. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Jan 5, 2023
  3. Can't choose app/game storage

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your requirement and concern in this regard.

Are you referring to Windows Store Apps/Games?

The default installation location of Windows Store apps is in drive C. However currently there is no option to change the default installation location of Windows Store apps to any other drive. Moreover it's not a good idea to change the location.

We welcome you feedback in this regard. Post your feedback using Windows Feedback app, which helps us to improve your experience in future.

With regard to running out of memory, I suggest you go to remove unwanted files by following below steps.

Delete temporary and download files:

Temporary files used to help your apps load and run faster, but they're not being used anymore. To delete them:

• Open the Start menu
      and select Settings > System > Storage.

• Under Storage, select This
      PC > Temporary files.

• Under Temporary files, select
      Delete temporary files > Yes, I'm sure.
    Every time you download something from the web, a copy of the file is saved in your Downloads folder. To see

what's in Downloads and remove what you don't need:

• Open the Start menu
      and select Settings > System > Storage.

• Under Storage, select
      This PC > Temporary files.

• Under Downloads, select
      View downloads.
    Free up your disk space by using Disk Clean Up:

• Press Windows Key
      and type 'cleanmgr'(without quotes) and hit Enter Key.

• In the Drives list, choose the drive you want to clean, and then tap or click
      OK.

• In the Disk Cleanup dialog, select the checkboxes for the file types that you want to delete, tap or click
      OK, and then tap or click Delete files.
    Keep us posted for any concern with windows, we're glad to assist you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 5, 2023
  4. Why is storage always full after deleting apps and cleaning disk??

DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 5, 2023
Thema:

Why is storage always full after deleting apps and cleaning disk??

1. Why is storage always full after deleting apps and cleaning disk?? - Similar Threads - Why storage always

2. Disk clean up is not deleting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk clean up is not deleting files: When I run Disk Clean-up it does not delete the files I have selected.I run Clean Up and then re-boot and still there 8gig + of files.How can I delete the file Clean Up does not?...
  3. Disk/ Storage issue going full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk/ Storage issue going full: Please help, my disk went crazy couple hours ago. It was 736 GB free now its going full? What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-storage-issue-going-full/cbd85e6f-3c31-478d-a48d-7204354f01a8
  4. Disk/ Storage issue going full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk/ Storage issue going full: Please help, my disk went crazy couple hours ago. It was 736 GB free now its going full? What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-storage-issue-going-full/cbd85e6f-3c31-478d-a48d-7204354f01a8
  5. Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?

Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?: When I run Disk Cleanup the Temporary files are not deleted.I tried "Clean System Files as well and then rebooted.Every time the 4.2 gig listed for Temporary files is still there.WV-Mike...
  6. Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?: When I run Disk Cleanup the Temporary files are not deleted.I tried "Clean System Files as well and then rebooted.Every time the 4.2 gig listed for Temporary files is still there.WV-Mike...
  7. Why is storage always full after deleting apps and cleaning disk??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is storage always full after deleting apps and cleaning disk??: STORAGE FULL AFTER DELETING EVERYTHING. SSD: 28.7GB free of 446GB/ Deleted every file and emptied the recycling bin/ Preformed a disk clean up. Settings/ App & Features/ Uninstall programs/ Deleted every app. And still storage is still 28.7GB of 446GB. All answers online do...
  8. Why is storage always full after deleting apps and cleaning disk??

Why is storage always full after deleting apps and cleaning disk??: STORAGE FULL AFTER DELETING EVERYTHING. SSD: 28.7GB free of 446GB/ Deleted every file and emptied the recycling bin/ Preformed a disk clean up. Settings/ App & Features/ Uninstall programs/ Deleted every app. And still storage is still 28.7GB of 446GB. All answers online do...
  9. clean disk to avoid disk full when downloading and actually is not full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean disk to avoid disk full when downloading and actually is not full: clean disk to avoid disk full when downloading and actually is not full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-disk-to-avoid-disk-full-when-downloading-and/4641983a-57c9-45ae-a0e6-338db2151d34
  10. clean disk to avoid disk full when downloading and actually is not full

clean disk to avoid disk full when downloading and actually is not full: clean disk to avoid disk full when downloading and actually is not full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-disk-to-avoid-disk-full-when-downloading-and/4641983a-57c9-45ae-a0e6-338db2151d34